Strange Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OuchPaperCut

Strange Question

Post by OuchPaperCut »

Hey Everyone,

Please excuse the click-bait title. I was wondering if the were any folding Spydercos that have the same FRN handles as the Enuf series,

Cheers,

M
crow2071

Re: Strange Question

Post by crow2071 »

The Rock Jumper's handle is practically identical.
carrot

Post by carrot »

The Stretch is also quite close.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think the closest you'll find is a D'Allara 2 but they're out of production. It's not exactly the same shape but unlike similar models like the Rock Jumper it does have a 3D contoured handle like the Enuf.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
OuchPaperCut

Post by OuchPaperCut »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:01 am
I think the closest you'll find is a D'Allara 2 but they're out of production. It's not exactly the same shape but unlike similar models like the Rock Jumper it does have a 3D contoured handle like the Enuf.
Appreciate the responses. @evild when you say three dimensional do you mean that the FRN scales are not flat. I have looked at the scales on my Enuf and I see that they are thicker in the middle compared to either end. Is this what you mean,

Cheers,

M
vivi

Post by vivi »

OuchPaperCut wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am
Evil D wrote:
Appreciate the responses. @evild when you say three dimensional do you mean that the FRN scales are not flat. I have looked at the scales on my Enuf and I see that they are thicker in the middle compared to either end. Is this what you mean,

Cheers,

M
The older D'allara models had contoured handles like a fixed blade, where they swell in certain spots like your enuff.

They're tough to find these days.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

OuchPaperCut wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am
Evil D wrote:

Cheers,

M

Yep, exactly like Vivi showed up above. They're contoured like most fixed blade handles are. And as he mentioned, they're not very easy to find so probably not my best suggestion I guess. In terms of general shape the Rock Jumper, Caribbean and Tenacious are probably the closest you'll find.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
carrot

Post by carrot »

The Native III (or as some may say, Native 3D), also had 3D contoured handles that were quite hand filling, but they do not feel a whole lot like the Enuff.