Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ArnAnders89
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby ArnAnders89 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am

Does anyone know if spyderco plans on doing anymore Rex 45 Military’s, paramilitary 2’s, native chiefs, etc. sprint runs? Mostly hoping for military’s lol

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Pancake » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:49 am

Sprint runs are one and done deal.
They are not coming back, not in the same configuration as they were once released. Like, they could make REX 45 Military with green G10 scales, but not in burn orange.

My opinion is, that is kinda unlikely to have another sprint run of Military in near future.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
On belt: Waterway

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7368
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Spydergirl88 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am

Native Chief isn't out yet so there's hope on that. Cutlery Shoppe had some exclusive rex45 para 3s...maybe they will commission a Millie or pm2 next. Rex45 seems super popular so I hope someone commissions more of them

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Cambertree » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:33 pm

Yes, there’s a REX45 Lefty Millie in the works...

Ok, maybe not. :D

But I can dream, can’t I? ;)

Theldraskien
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Theldraskien » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:45 pm

DLC/ Burnt Orange would be nice. Just to the whole lineup again as a victory lap :)

User avatar
Accutron
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm
Location: Dayton, OH USA
Contact:

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Accutron » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:44 pm

DLC versions of the 2018 sprints would be very high on my wishlist.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am
Native Chief isn't out yet so there's hope on that. Cutlery Shoppe had some exclusive rex45 para 3s...maybe they will commission a Millie or pm2 next. Rex45 seems super popular so I hope someone commissions more of them
Yeah I really thought there would be pm2 versions of those at least. Maybe there still will be.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Albatross » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Theldraskien wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:45 pm
DLC/ Burnt Orange would be nice. Just to the whole lineup again as a victory lap :)
Pretty much everything with a Rex45 blade has sold very quickly. I think the Military was around the longest.

I'm sure someone else has the exact quote, or knows where it is, but didn't Sal say that Spyderco wanted to get lots of Rex 45 out to consumers, to see what they thought?

Seems like a pretty safe bet for them to do a DLC run now. I mean, there's going to be a Zwear Shaman, for the Cruwear crowd, so they are all for running more of the same, in different configurations.

Also, where's the Manix XL Rex 45? Maybe when the Military 2 comes out, it will also get Rex 45. Spyderco did the Caly Jr in Super Blue, well after all the other SB sprints had been done, so maybe there's hope.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

User avatar
Albatross
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Albatross » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:54 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:54 am
Native Chief isn't out yet so there's hope on that. Cutlery Shoppe had some exclusive rex45 para 3s...maybe they will commission a Millie or pm2 next. Rex45 seems super popular so I hope someone commissions more of them
Yeah I really thought there would be pm2 versions of those at least. Maybe there still will be.
From the Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 Rex 45 listing...

"Cutlery Shoppe has the exclusive with Spyderco on these dual color variants. This is one of many that you will see. Be sure to collect the entire set!"

They did not specify what the future models/colors/steels would be, but I would be very surprised if we didn't see at least a PM2 and maybe a Manix.

With Spyderco being behind in production, due to the pandemic, it will probably take longer than usual, but maybe we will see another CS Rex knife this year, or the beginning of next year.
sal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

...But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of "deigning in the dark"...

sal

amateur blacksmith
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 am
Location: Australia

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby amateur blacksmith » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm

Nice to see a CTS-XHP Military from Cuttlery Soppe.

Hobnob
Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby Hobnob » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:11 am

I would like to see a Delica in Rex 45. Burnt orange sounds good.

User avatar
RadioactiveSpyder
Member
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: Lost in space

Re: Future Rex 45 military & paramilitary 2 runs

Postby RadioactiveSpyder » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:24 am

amateur blacksmith wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm
Nice to see a CTS-XHP Military from Cuttlery Soppe.
A CS safety orange XHP Chief is supposedly on the horizon (but you didn’t hear it from me ;))... :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Librarian, rabbitanarchy14, Rp5, TechnoSage, tonijedi and 49 guests