Spyderco Neck Lanyard?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Spyderco Neck Lanyard?

Post by PStone »

Does Spyderco make a branded neck lanyard? Used for ID badges and/or keychains. Maybe for use at shows and expos? I try looking around online but never can find one. Is this something that interests anyone else?

I use multiple neck lanyards everyday. I would love to be able to show my love for Spyderco with one(many). I have multiple properties I supervise and have separate key sets for each one that I hang from my neck when I am in each facility. It also holds my name tag visible for all to see clearly. Would be awesome to have a few Spyderco ones. I know they would be high quality, and I would pay premium pricing for one. Anyone else?

Pic of what I have with me today:
Sharp Guy

Re: Spyderco Neck Lanyard?

Post by Sharp Guy »

I've never seen that they have one available for sale. I do know they do a lot of trade shows. So it's possible they have them for internal use. Not something I would really be interested in but it would still be kind of cool for those that do
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Pstone,

I'll call attention of this thread to management. Gail wears a Glock neck lanyard, though she shoots a S&W.

sal
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

We have a very pretty relaxed ID lanyard policy at the office. I would like for the opportunity to wear a lanyard from my favorite knife brand in the world (and get people talking about it, always the first step in the rabbit hole...) :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Count me in. I wear one every day (weekdays) all day for work.
PStone

Post by PStone »

sal wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi Pstone,

I'll call attention of this thread to management. Gail wears a Glock neck lanyard, though she shoots a S&W.

sal
Thank you Sal! I know there aren’t any promises or guarantees. But thank you for considering it!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Great idea! Only lanyard I have :D

-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

This would be nice for an ID badge, but I would rather Spyderco do a run of these key fobs for keys.

https://smathersandbranson.com/category ... /key-fobs/
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I've always been a sucker for miscellaneous branded accessories.. I'd definitely be in on something like this!

Great idea and nice WolfSpyder, PStone!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’m in!
N. Brian Huegel

Post by N. Brian Huegel »

I have always been concerned about the inherent danger of paracord/nylon webbing lanyards (and the same material being used for holding neck knives) as it could be used for grappling or strangling in an altercation. Also, it would never be a good idea to be wore around any machinery. That is why I have always endorsed ball chains and Mike Janich’s brilliant idea of putting ball chain inside paracord (inside threads removed) to add comfort and protect against chafing.
PStone

Post by PStone »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am
I've always been a sucker for miscellaneous branded accessories.. I'd definitely be in on something like this!

Thanks DSH007! It’s my favorite one. I put a coarse microbevel on it this weekend and have been carrying it since.
PStone

Post by PStone »

N. Brian Huegel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:03 am
I have always been concerned about the inherent danger of paracord/nylon webbing lanyards (and the same material being used for holding neck knives) as it could be used for grappling or strangling in an altercation. Also, it would never be a good idea to be wore around any machinery. That is why I have always endorsed ball chains and Mike Janich’s brilliant idea of putting ball chain inside paracord (inside threads removed) to add comfort and protect against chafing.
You have a very good point! I would like to see a breakaway clip added for those safety reasons.
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

N. Brian Huegel wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:03 am
I work in a position where i may have to restrain for safety precautions. I have seen a lanyard used to snatch a coworker to the ground. Because of this I have only worn name badges on lanyards if they are quick detach. unfortunately this style as I have seen is not very sturdy as the small teeth that engage the snap but allow it to break away are also small and easily snapped off
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

PStone wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:44 am
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:13 am

Thanks DSH007! It’s my favorite one. I put a coarse microbevel on it this weekend and have been carrying it since.
The WolfSpyder is a favorite of mine as well and, I think, one of the more underrated Spydercos out there. Well maybe not so much underrated as that it's just not as readily available or discussed as much as other models.. idk, either way.. it's a great little knife! :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
PStone

Post by PStone »

Very under-rated indeed DSH! Thinking neck lanyards might be too :(
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I still think this is a phenomenal idea!

Rich
Think for yourself
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

I’m in for 2!
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

I'm not a dog, I'm not a pimp, and I don't wear collars around my neck. But I'll give you a bit of unsolicited advice. A tether around your neck can be a nice handle for an assailant, leading to you becoming dead. It's also something that can get stuck in moving machinery, leading to you becoming dead. If for some reason you CHOOSE to run around with a rope around your neck, it must have quick-disconnect breakaways. Those pictured above are not acceptable. Cut them up with your razor sharp Spyderco so no one else can use them, and throw them in the trash.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 pm
I'm not a dog, I'm not a pimp, and I don't wear collars around my neck. But I'll give you a bit of unsolicited advice. A tether around your neck can be a nice handle for an assailant, leading to you becoming dead. It's also something that can get stuck in moving machinery, leading to you becoming dead. If for some reason you CHOOSE to run around with a rope around your neck, it must have quick-disconnect breakaways. Those pictured above are not acceptable. Cut them up with your razor sharp Spyderco so no one else can use them, and throw them in the trash.

Hear the man. ^^^
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189