Touching up serrations on the go?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cambertree

Re: Touching up serrations on the go?

Post by Cambertree »

The Doublestuff 2 does the job for me.

PStone - The DS2 has edges suitable for sharpening serrations on both the coated CBN side and the fine white ceramic side. I just use the ceramic side.

I guess I’m a sharpening nerd, so I also have a Goldenstone, an Idahone UF rod and broken pocketsize pieces of UF and brown medium Sharpmaker rods if I need them. :rolleyes: :D
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 pm
It's threads like this one that make me want to lobby Spyderco for them to bring back the Spyderco 701 Profiles. The set of them that you could get had a fine and a medium stone. For a nice kit that you can travel with the 701 Profiles are great for serrated edges.
Hey JD,

It might have been while you were taking a brief break from the forum when you had your recent surgery, but Sal said that they got a quote for another run of the 701 Profiles and decided they would be too expensive to be successful.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86602&p=1422375&hil ... s#p1422375

I’d like to see that 30 degree base and a video for the Goldenstone too. I guess we’ll see them eventually.

Thanks for putting me onto the Goldenstone. It’s a very useful piece of kit, and I’ve been enjoying using it.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:30 pm
Gatco makes a Tri-seps sharpener that fits on a keychain . . .
I've had one of the ceramic ones for years and it works pretty well; I just hold it between thumb and middle finger. From what I understand, it's the exact same material as the Spyderco medium ceramic.