C41PTBL5 Teal S90V Native 5 lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mastiff

C41PTBL5 Teal S90V Native 5 lightweight

Post by The Mastiff »

I've had a few days with this new knife and I wanted to mention it. There hasn't been much written about this knife so I'll start . Other than the color I like everything about this knife. It shows how much improved production and QC have become. I really can find no flaws anywhere. The knife even has absolutely no crud or grit anywhere on it. The edge is excellent and very sharp. There was a time I resharpened all my edges on any knife I bought. Now not only is it not needed but unless I went all out and spent time on it it would end up less sharp and less even. There is something to be said for CNC precision.

Anyways, if you were thinking about getting this one you should. The G10 version might feel a bit better in the hand but in my experience this FRN is every bit as durable. I do like lightweight knives too. I'm keeping this one.

Joe
FullFlatMind

Re: C41PTBL5 Teal S90V Native 5 lightweight

Post by FullFlatMind »

I agree. I'm not into the color although it is more pale than I expected which is good. The ergos are perfect to me and fit and finish is really good. The best part is the price for a S90V blade.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

I got mine yesterday, and after a quick wash with a soft bristle brush and dish soap I shaved a cigar cap off with it. It might be the sharpest out of the box Spyderco I've had. I'm with you on G10 feeling better in hand, but this one looks great, and I still really like the FRN Natives. I'm thinking I may have to buy the pink Native now to go with this teal model and my yellow handle Salt to complete the pastel colored FRN handle trio.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Bought one for my wife, it's her favorite color. I have to admit I kinda like it myself. I'm not much of a bright color guy but I could live with it.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

My wife's Dragonfly, my sister in laws future Native 5 (when I see her next), and my imaginary future para 3 LW(don't care what steel).

Not pictured is my wife's teal Delica, which may or may not be in one of her various purses.
Attachments
1D7A0245.jpg
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Have there been any plans or rumors for a Teal G10 Native? I'm thinking of grabbing this guy, but vastly prefer the linerless G10. But also don't want to miss out on a teal, so I'm thinking I should probably grab one while it's still available...
~andrew
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Gotta love the forum...
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Twenty seconds on google yielded this:
https://popsknife.supplies/products/tiffany-blue-g10
RadioactiveSpyder

ugaarguy wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:53 pm
Thanks for the link. I bought a couple of scale sets of this “brand new just released” color. So there will be at least one linerless G10 Native 5 in this color sometime in the future...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:11 pm
ugaarguy wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:53 pm
Thanks for the link. I bought a couple of scale sets of this “brand new just released” color. So there will be at least one linerless G10 Native 5 in this color sometime in the future...

Now you're thinking outside the box! Which thickness did you grab?
~andrew
RadioactiveSpyder

toocool006 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:25 pm
Now you're thinking outside the box! Which thickness did you grab?
Not so much out of the box as I have multiple custom Native 5s including this rock-textured orange G10 set from 2013...

The Tiffany blue sets I purchased today were the 1/4 x 1.5 x 5 inch ones. Cheers, Radioactive