My wish list for future Spyderco variations... 2 items

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pharmagator

My wish list for future Spyderco variations... 2 items

Post by Pharmagator »

What I dream about i.e. Spyderco variations...

1) Spyderco Military with Fluted Carbon Fiber Scales... LOVE to see this!

2) Spyderco Military with Natural Micarta Scales... Ditto!

(Ok, I really like the Military Model...)

Thoughts?

Your "dream" variations?
steelcity16

Re: My wish list for future Spyderco variations... 2 items

Post by steelcity16 »

Pharmagator wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm
What I dream about i.e. Spyderco variations...

1) Spyderco Military with Fluted Carbon Fiber Scales... LOVE to see this!

2) Spyderco Military with Natural Micarta Scales... Ditto!

(Ok, I really like the Military Model...)

Thoughts?

Your "dream" variations?

You, me, and many others would love a Cru-carta Military! I would also love one in AEB-L. A serrated edge H1 Military Salt would be pretty amazing as well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Those are two really good ones. Apparently that fluted CF is a pain to do right but man it's cool, I'd definitely like to see it on more models. As for the micarta, I already said I'll buy up all my favorites in the micarta/Cruwear combo.

As for mine..

1. Caribbean sheepsfoot, same steel but with peel ply carbon fiber (without the machines grooves) or with but I'm not sure how that would even work?

2. Autonomy 1, same blade but in FFG LC200N. I'd be down for both edge types.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm patiently waiting for the return of the G-10 Harpy. Why on earth it didn't do well at the box office the first time around is a real mystery. But I don't think that would be the case if they would do another G-10 handled Harpy. It's one of the most sought after collector pieces as it is.

I would also love to see a Spyderhawk with a G-10 handle. I do believe that more knife people would take Hawkbills more seriously if they made some with premium handles.

Also I would like to see my Titanium handled units in the future as well.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:00 pm
Those are two really good ones. Apparently that fluted CF is a pain to do right but man it's cool, I'd definitely like to see it on more models. As for the micarta, I already said I'll buy up all my favorites in the micarta/Cruwear combo.

As for mine..

1. Caribbean sheepsfoot, same steel but with peel ply carbon fiber (without the machines grooves) or with but I'm not sure how that would even work?

2. Autonomy 1, same blade but in FFG LC200N. I'd be down for both edge types.

I knew there was someone else besides me and Sumdumguy that wants to see this come to fruition! Grooves or not this would be my ultimate Spyderco! Sal, please make this happen!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Don´t know if these count as "variations":

- Manix 2 LW, full SE, with a longer blade (and edge by that) - so filling all of the available space in the handle when closed.
- Much less "needed" know that the Pac Salt 2 will come in ffg SE, but still: Endura 4 ffg (VG10) in full SE (and not wharnie shape)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JMM

Post by JMM »

Sage3 (Bolt-Lock) - either updated CF or G10 - SE & PE Options
Ulize updated G10 scales or perhaps Micarta - SE & PE Options

For Both Models, steel possibilities . . . 4V, Rex45, K390, 10V, CruWear, depending on which of them play nice with SE.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm lucky in that one of my dream variations will be releasing soon. An LC200N Swick with factory scales and sheath.

Other things I'd love to see:

- Serrated Police 4 Lightweight
- Police 4 Lightweight Salt (This could be the last folder I ever buy)
- Aqua Salt with a FFG LC200N blade
- Street Beat Lightweight in an interesting tool steel with DLC coating instead of the current finish
- Street Beat with the old micarta sales with a little less polish, maybe green instead of black, and LC200N steel.
- Manix XL with factory green micarta scales and DLC K390 blade.
- Forester with rougher scale texturing, a ridiculously tough steel like S7, and a factory edge angle that's at least half the originals.
:unicorn
kobold

Post by kobold »

Yes please.. anything fluted gets my vote.

Mine is a back-lock Shaman. I think it would improve the ergonomics, the looks, and maybe help with the weight distribution, making the knife lighter.

Another one would be a Military without a forward finger choil. Just a nice long edge. The PM2 already feels more comfortable when not using the ffc (b/c of the thumb on the hump) and the Military with its bigger handle is even better. But mainly, to maximize the cutting edge.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

kobold wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:10 pm
Yes please.. anything fluted gets my vote.

Mine is a back-lock Shaman. I think it would improve the ergonomics, the looks, and maybe help with the weight distribution, making the knife lighter.

This would be great.

And yes, imho the ergos would get even better indeed (due to the totally closed back and there´d be no comp.lock tab-cutout which can get a hot spot).
Even more so though the lock of this hard use folder would be easier to operate in harsh conditions (cold,wet,snow) as well as with gloves
Plus: The strong detent would make the knife safer concerning accidently opening in the pocket or especially when carried IWB

That said: I think the tall Shaman blade would not fit into the exact same handle with a backlock instead of the current comp.lock.

Generally though it would be a great thing if ALL members of the "Native family" (for me the Shaman belongs there) would come in both comp.lock AND backlock as it is the case already with the Lil Native.
I even started a poll on this very topic some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84760&p=1357114#p1357114
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Anything new and military I'm into.

And I'd like uh, lc200n. Really just everywhere I guess.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

I’d like to see a de-salted Siren. Love my siren, love the LC200N, love that it’s a salt and I don’t have to worry about it. But I think it’s a great knife regardless of the corrosion resistance and would love to see it in a tool steel as well.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

my 2 would be
michael walker c22 m390 purple scales
calypso jr. C52 hap40 purple scales
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

vivi wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:58 pm
- Manix XL with factory green micarta scales and DLC K390 blade.
I'd buy this in a heartbeat, in both the XL and regular size Manix.
paladin

Post by paladin »

1. Native Chief in Cruwear with Canvas Micarta handles.

2. Native Chief in 20CV with Canvas Micarta handles.
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Lumpy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:00 am
I’d like to see a de-salted Siren. Love my siren, love the LC200N, love that it’s a salt and I don’t have to worry about it. But I think it’s a great knife regardless of the corrosion resistance and would love to see it in a tool steel as well.
Yep, I’d like to see that too. The Siren was definitely designed to be a “fishing capable” knife but it was always intended to be a functional “do everything” EDC (or EDA as I like to call it). I would love to see a tool steel version of both the Siren and the Waterway.
anycal

Post by anycal »

FRN PM2, partial liners, dual PB washers, with nicely rounded green handles, wire clip, stainless steel.

Caly 3.5, screw construction, with K390.
Peter
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

anycal wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 pm
FRN PM2, partial liners, dual PB washers, with nicely rounded green handles, wire clip, stainless steel.

Caly 3.5, screw construction, with K390.
This
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Pharmagator wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm
2) Spyderco Military with Natural Micarta Scales
I've seen various Spyderco models with aftermarket natural micarta scales. I have not handled one myself and I think they would be functional, but all of the photos I've seen have been fairly unattractive. But I would still like to handle one to see what it is like. If it significantly improves function then I would be all for it.

I like micarta, polished micarta, whether paper, linen or canvas. I occasionally see mention of a PM2 variation with smooth G10. I think I would like to have one of those, but even better would be polished linen micarta.

I have some models in variations including M4, S110V and Rex45. Other than the micarta possibilities mentioned above I can't imagine any new variations that I would personally want. But when the next new steel comes out that improves on edge retention or stability, I'll be interested. However I would like to see better availability of steels like Rex45 and K390 in production models that any person could buy at any time.