Next SE Sprint Run Desired?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

Re: Next SE Sprint Run Desired?

Post by Notsurewhy »

Superhawk and/or dodo
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:43 am
Evil D wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 pm
Ulize.
This one is going to happen. We beat the drums enough to finally get the C-60 in SE & PE and I do believe it's just a matter of time and convincing more of the Brethren to get on board.

And when it does happen I believe that serrated Recurves will become high in demand. Because I know in my gut that a serrated Recurve blade will be extremely effective.

I think I said once before, I almost would rather have a SE Ulize than bringing back the Ayoob, just because the SE Ulize doesn't exist yet. I could track down a SE Ayoob if I tried hard enough but the Ulize was never made so if I had to make a choice between the two I'd have to go with the SE Ulize just based on the possibility of owning one. I think the two knives will perform very similarly anyway, at least for my needs. I just can't say enough about how good the Ulize was because it was really an under the radar model that (much like the Ayoob) I think most people overlooked because it was an unusual looking but the ergonomics and function are definitely worth checking out.
Last edited by Evil D on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:22 pm
Serrated Police 4 of some sort.
If a man can dream, SE LC200N FFG Police Salt.
Yes!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:11 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:43 am
Evil D wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 pm
Ulize.
This one is going to happen. We beat the drums enough to finally get the C-60 in SE & PE and I do believe it's just a matter of time and convincing more of the Brethren to get on board.

And when it does happen I believe that serrated Recurves will become high in demand. Because I know in my gut that a serrated Recurve blade will be extremely effective.

I think I said once before, I almost would rather have a SE Ulize than bringing back the Ayoob, just because the SE Ulize doesn't exist yet. I could track down a SE Ayoob if I tried hard enough but the Ulize was never made so if I had to make a choice between the two I'd have to go with the SE Ulize just based on the possibility of owning one. I think the two knives will perform very similarly anyway, at least for my needs. I just can't say enough about how good the Ulize was because it was really an under the radar model that (much like the Ayoob) I think most people overlooked because it was an unusual looking but the ergonomics and function are definitely worth checking out.
But David you need to understand. "First Things First">> in other words you've got to pave the way so to speak ;)

The re-introduction of the C-60 Ayoob is going to open some new doors I can almost completely assure you that we will be a lot more likely to get that SE ULIZE if we get some of the more popular models to return first. There are a lot more people throughout the Spyderville community and throughout the knife loving community as well that will accept that Sprint Run of the C-60 a lot easier and welcome it with a lot less resistance that they would have if you would have insisted on having the ULIZE first.

The Ayoob is a type of knife that appeals to a lot wider fan base than the ULIZE ever did even on it's best days. It really takes an extremely dedicated Spyder-Head to even like the ULIZE to begin with.

Be patient my friend we are going to see a serrated version of the ULIZE at some point along with some other models to return in SE as well. But it's a lot easier to get the door open with a model like the C-60 that it would have been with one of the Specialty type designs. I also at some point want to see the C-111 Captain be brought back in SE>> but again "First Things First" ;)
Holland

Post by Holland »

The chef in se would be tempting!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:07 am
vivi wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:22 pm
Serrated Police 4 of some sort.
If a man can dream, SE LC200N FFG Police Salt.
Yes!

Yessir. I really hope we get both the PE and SE versions of a Green LC200N Beach Police! I think this one is a no brainer and bound to happen eventually.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Over on Bladeforums we've pretty much got Sal talked into a Police Model Sprint in G-10 with the old style blade and handle. We've got a poll running for edge types. I expected more votes for SE than we've gotten so far, and combo edge isn't showing much life, but I'm sure hoping for PE and SE at least.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Siren, M390, with toxic green FRN Scales.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

My first pick would be a SE Siren.
I would also jump on a full SE Millie or PM2 in 52100, Cruwear or 4V.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Amen on the serrated Siren. To distinguish it from the PE model, replacing the blue G-i0 liner with toxic green (chartreuse in the fishing world) would add that extra little touch of elegance.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Micro Dyad ;)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:32 am
But David you need to understand. "First Things First">> in other words you've got to pave the way so to speak ;)

Yeah I'm just talking hypothetically here, especially since there's no sign or even mention of a SE Ulize outside of us who've mentioned it. I think the fact that Mr. Ayoob even supports bringing back the Ayoob is a wonderful thing and I don't want to detract from all that, but you better believe that just like the Ayoob, the day it becomes official that a SE Ulize is definitely going into production, you can count me in for at least two of them. Both of these knives are ones that I'd prepay for right now if it helped to make them happen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Police 4 lightweight.

Vg-10 is fine with me, I won’t even be greedy and ask for more.

I agree with vivi, a salt version would be rad though.

Also, a serrated wharncliffe endela with a more pointy tip much like the delica wharncliffe/salt 2. It appears the rock jumper and endura have more “hump” at the tip. So I guess a true wharncliffe in my eyes is more like the smaller ones I listed first or the yojimbo.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

SE LC200N FRN Stretch
JMM

Post by JMM »

#1 Ulize
#2 SuperHawk
#3 Manix2
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

SE K390 Wharny Delica and Dragonfly for me. ;)

Also, let’s see some Cruwear with teeth!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Holland wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am
The chef in se would be tempting!
I've not yet owned or used a Spydiechef. But I looked at the design intensely for a while this morning and I have to agree that with the nice ergonomics that the "chef" has I would be all for that model in SE as well.

But I still don't even want that one to eclipse my desire for a full SE version of the ULIZE or SPYKER model to be done in full SE as well. But for sure the "Spydiechef" model should be available in SE
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

Military and Police 4...long, FFG, SE goodness!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

CATCHERMAN!!!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

xceptnl wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm
CATCHERMAN!!!
Dude!!! you have no idea how much I want a newer CATCHERMAN model in full SE. You are one of the very few people I've talked to that realizes how good a full SE CATCHERMAN model is. There isn't hardly a week that goes by to where I don't use my SE, AUS-8 CATCHERMAN at least 2 to 3 times a week.

It really baffled me as to why they ceased making the CATCHERMAN in full SE when they switched from AUS-8 to MBS-26 blade steel. But everyone including yourself that I've got to try out a full SE Catcherman all seem to love it :cool: