We’ve got the Military, the Civilian... but would a Spyderco Politician be a good idea?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Re: We’ve got the Military, the Civilian... but would a Spyderco Politician be a good idea?

Post by Pokey »

It would have two opposing blades like the Dyad, but neither would be very sharp. Or, many blades, some bigger some smaller like a SAK, coming from every direction.
Last edited by Pokey on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobnikon

Re: We’ve got the Military, the Civilian... but would a Spyderco Politician be a good idea?

Post by bobnikon »

Pokey wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 am
I would have two opposing blades like the Dyad, but neither would be very sharp. Or, many blades, some bigger some smaller like a SAK, coming from every direction.
I am sure the blades would be sharp, it would just be the outside edge (when closed) that is a razor. The spine (pun intended) would fold inwards...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am
I'm kind of surprised That TAZKRISTI hasn't censored this thread :rolleyes: You all know how she doesn't like anything that leans toward "politics">> and who can blame her either :rolleyes:
As long as the thread stays in jest and nobody actually gets political we will be fine I think.

I am impressed we made it to page 2 without actually getting political. Let’s keep it up!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
kurt_r

Post by kurt_r »

It would never be the best knife for the job.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:56 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am
I'm kind of surprised That TAZKRISTI hasn't censored this thread :rolleyes: You all know how she doesn't like anything that leans toward "politics">> and who can blame her either :rolleyes:
As long as the thread stays in jest and nobody actually gets political we will be fine I think.

I am impressed we made it to page 2 without actually getting political. Let’s keep it up!
Yeah, I found this thread refreshing and got a couple of good laughs. I don’t think anybody has a problem with making fun of politicians as long as we don’t devolve into any “Yours are worse than mine” discussions. As long as we can agree that they are ALL awful I think we’re fine. :p
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

It will need a 4-way money clip....

I’m a little relieved that everyone seems to be taking this in the spirit of fun intended!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Do you buy the Politician or does the Politician buy you?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Yes.
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:26 pm
Either way... you pay
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

bobnikon wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:26 pm
Either way... you pay
You buy the politician, then they let you know you didn’t pay enough for it and charge you again.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Not a "Politician" knife, but a Senator, and a Representative.

They could be colored to the parties.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderco could also have a knife named, "The Judge."
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
sal

Post by sal »

Funny thread. Thanx.

We're taking deposits before the election. :p

sal
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Could also be dubbed the "No Integrity" and would of course be spineless!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

cycleguy wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:11 pm
Could also be dubbed the "No Integrity" and would of course be spineless!

CG
This made me chuckle. I also think "Immoral" would be appropriate.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

I'm in, only if I can buy one twice. Once online (mail) and once in person at the SFO. :D
P.S
A delightfully refreshing thread, well done!
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

The blade wanders to the left or to the right
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

The idea of a crooked blade is interesting. To me, the idea of straight, efficient cuts, just feels soulless and boring. No one likes a knife that's straight to the point.
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

Guess it would not have a money back guarantee.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

It really should be a switchblade.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."