New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone
Member
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby PStone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Albatross wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm
Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoy listening to Eric talk and absolutely love his enthusiasm. :spyder:

Non-knife question, can anyone tell if that’s a Spyderco hat Eric is wearing? Would be pretty cool if it was, and is going to be offered for sale.
His boyish excitement is somewhat contagious. It's great to see so much enthusiasm over new models; he would fit right in with all of us here!
No doubt! He even had to stand up because he was having so much fun with that amazing SmallFly2!

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby JuPaul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:27 pm

PStone wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:19 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:57 pm
Also, just whipped this up real quick to get a slightly better idea of the artwork on the hat.

[/img]

(Note: This is just a concept of what was shown in the video and not exact)
That’s awesome! I see it now. Thank you! I’m definitely in for that black one. And most likely the gray too.
Sweet! I'm in for a gray one and possibly a pink one, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22198
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Evil D » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm
"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

That's cool to hear! :D


I immediately thought of a SE/FFG/LC200N Dragonfly Salt.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13797
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby sal » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi Mushroom,

Eric said he wanted to make some flat brim hats. He'll have to design his. I prefer the low profile Hats with a heavily curved brim.

sal

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby JonLeBlanc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm

yes hats!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby nerdlock » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:10 pm

I don't know if Eric is around on these forums, but I would just like to put it out there that his smile, enthusiasm and positivity in promoting these knives is just awesome! Almost makes you want to buy them all just for his presentation alone :)

God'sMyJudge
Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:38 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby God'sMyJudge » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm
"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

That's cool to hear! :D
Does this mean lc200n will replace h1 or just we will have 2 options? Is there a reason to buy h1 over if lc200n if so?

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby nerdlock » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:26 pm

God'sMyJudge wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm
"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

That's cool to hear! :D
Does this mean lc200n will replace h1 or just we will have 2 options? Is there a reason to buy h1 over if lc200n if so?

I think Eric mentioned it in the first few minutes of the video... if I understand it correctly, the yellow salts (h1) would be saber ground while the green salts (LC200N) would be full flat ground. :)

Edit-hollow grind, not saber

User avatar
Buddafucco
Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Buddafucco » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 am

This video was worth watching just to learn how to pronounce Pattadese. :cool:

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6939
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Wartstein » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 am

Man, the Smallfly really talks to me... I wouldn´t say I am real good with balisongs, but I can do some tricks and moves and enjoy it. Now THIS one looks like a balisong that is a real, functional knife bladewise (most have more of a stout stabbing type blade, which is pretty silly and useless to me).

Actually I could carry and use the smallfly as an EDC legally here in Austria, but I am not sure if it would be wise to do so. Might contribute to the wrong impressions and prejudices non knife people often times have towards "us" (knife people).
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

vivi
Member
Posts: 7435
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby vivi » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 am
Man, the Smallfly really talks to me... I wouldn´t say I am real good with balisongs, but I can do some tricks and moves and enjoy it. Now THIS one looks like a balisong that is a real, functional knife bladewise (most have more of a stout stabbing type blade, which is pretty silly and useless to me).

Actually I could carry and use the smallfly as an EDC legally here in Austria, but I am not sure if it would be wise to do so. Might contribute to the wrong impressions and prejudices non knife people often times have towards "us" (knife people).
I looked into it and it appears I could carry one legally too. Like you I appreciate that its a butterfly that seems it could make a quality EDC. Might be a fun weekend knife :)
Current carry rotation:

Pacific Salt 2 LC200N | Manix XL M4 DLC | Aqua Salt

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Mushroom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:12 pm

prndltech wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:22 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:47 pm
sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Yes, on the hat.

That's a prototype of one of the hats we're planning, We'll have a gray one like he's wearing, but with black handles on the Bowie's and a pink one. We may also have a red one, but we're waiting on a sample. They'll be sold consumer direct to keep the price down.

sal
Cool, I'll definitely be in for a hat. Is there a chance that there will be any flat brim hats? :cool:
Large pizza
Regular crust
Cheese
Sausage
Onion
MUSHROOM?!

:D :D :D

I’m hungry. Maybe I’m off on the understanding but I laughed audibly. Thank you.
LOL Glad you got a kick out of it! Got the idea ordering dinner last week. :D
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Mushroom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 pm

sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi Mushroom,

Eric said he wanted to make some flat brim hats. He'll have to design his. I prefer the low profile Hats with a heavily curved brim.

sal
Hi Sal, thanks for the reply! I'm excited for this hat but it will be cool to see what Eric comes up with as well. :)
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6939
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby Wartstein » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:54 am

vivi wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 am
Man, the Smallfly really talks to me... I wouldn´t say I am real good with balisongs, but I can do some tricks and moves and enjoy it. Now THIS one looks like a balisong that is a real, functional knife bladewise (most have more of a stout stabbing type blade, which is pretty silly and useless to me).

Actually I could carry and use the smallfly as an EDC legally here in Austria, but I am not sure if it would be wise to do so. Might contribute to the wrong impressions and prejudices non knife people often times have towards "us" (knife people).
I looked into it and it appears I could carry one legally too. Like you I appreciate that its a butterfly that seems it could make a quality EDC. Might be a fun weekend knife :)

I am really thinking about getting one... :rolleyes:

It is kind of sad that butterfly knives always are associated with the bad, brutally violent guys in the movies... it is almost a standard that if a director wants to introduce such a character, he lets him do that two standard beginner moves with a balisong while looking mean...
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

yowzer
Member
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm
Location: Near Seattle

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby yowzer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:10 am

God'sMyJudge wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm
"Everything that we're doing in H1, we'll also be doing in LC200N as an offering." - Eric at 2:56

That's cool to hear! :D
Does this mean lc200n will replace h1 or just we will have 2 options? Is there a reason to buy h1 over if lc200n if so?
If both are options, I'd go LC200N for plain edge, and H1 for serrations - it's king of the castle for knives with teeth as far as I'm concerned.

User avatar
curlyhairedboy
Member
Posts: 2222
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Southern New England

Re: New Spyderco Knives: Reveal #6 in 2020 Coming Soon

Postby curlyhairedboy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:43 am

Great video to see the reveal knives in hand! That new smallfly is gonna be a must have.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, DLC Lil Native, Sage 5 LW, 4V Shaman, Watu, Rex 45 Shaman, Rex 45 Lil Native, Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, Tanto PM2, Serrated Shaman
Always in Pocket: Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Junction, Waterway
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Smallfly G10, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Calendar Watu
Would like to own again: Currently N/A!
Wishlist: Smallfly 2, CQI SpyderEdge Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Sprints!


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abiggs, Airlsee, FullFlatMind, gfc55, Google [Bot], Sumdumguy, The Meat man, Wartstein, yablanowitz and 69 guests