Caribbean is here, many thanks!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
M Sea

Caribbean is here, many thanks!!

Post by M Sea »

W O W :)
What a perfect knife for what I am needing it for. Absolutely perfect. I can’t thank all of you guys enough for your valuable input to help me make the right decision. I feel like a Saltwater Wyatt Earp now with the Caribbean in one pocket and the Dragonfly Salt SE in the other :D
EB0E93C2-0E58-4F3B-A373-AECE42C59DB5.jpeg
FullFlatMind

Re: Caribbean is here, many thanks!!

Post by FullFlatMind »

Congrats! It is a great all around knife. I have the sheepsfoot PE version and I love it. I'm very tempted to get the leaf blade in SE.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Great knife. Use it hard.

I like the yellow/black G10. It is very different, unmistakable in fact.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

I had alot of trouble at first deciding between sheepsfoot/leaf. I opted for the leaf and the PE because I am lucky enough to have an autonomy also. These H1/LC200N are so cool. I wish I had found them sooner.

My father passed unexpectedly less than a year ago and I inherited his knife collection. Quality folders were always our thing. There are so many memories with his knives it made me start collecting again to add to our collection. Every year we would go to a few gun/knife shows since I was a kid and he would always help me pick a good one. They are cherished memories. I have his things and a few of the folders on my mantle.
71226ED0-5855-4142-90A9-AD403748B7BC.jpeg
Last edited by M Sea on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:00 am
Great knife. Use it hard.

I like the yellow/black G10. It is very different, unmistakable in fact.
Yes sir, its a very cool combo and I plan on putting it to use right away!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

I have not spent time with my serrated leaf Caribbean... it’s sitting in the drawer :o that’s another one on the to do list. :spyder:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:07 am
I have not spent time with my serrated leaf Caribbean... it’s sitting in the drawer :o that’s another one on the to do list. :spyder:
I am shocked how light this is, very cool.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

it'll serve you well!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

M Sea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:39 am
W O W :)
What a perfect knife for what I am needing it for. Absolutely perfect. I can’t thank all of you guys enough for your valuable input to help me make the right decision. I feel like a Saltwater Wyatt Earp now with the Caribbean in one pocket and the Dragonfly Salt SE in the other :D EB0E93C2-0E58-4F3B-A373-AECE42C59DB5.jpeg
Very nice! I've been tempted many times by the Caribbean. I almost bought one, but then went for the Autonomy 2 instead (which is basically an auto version of the Caribbean.)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

M Sea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:17 am
prndltech wrote:
Right?

It's as close to perfect as any work folder I have used.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:56 pm
M Sea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:17 am
prndltech wrote:
Right?

It's as close to perfect as any work folder I have used.
I carried it half the day today at work. Its so light I almost forget I have it. I didn’t have anything too trying for it just routine stuff but I am anxious to see how it does when the bigger tasks come up.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Nice. Not too shabby on the whisky choice, either.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:41 am
Nice. Not too shabby on the whisky choice, either.
Ha, it was Dads favorite so I leave some out for him. Scotch hits me hard, more of a rum/beer guy.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

M Sea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am
I had alot of trouble at first deciding between sheepsfoot/leaf. I opted for the leaf and the PE because I am lucky enough to have an autonomy also. These H1/LC200N are so cool. I wish I had found them sooner.

My father passed unexpectedly less than a year ago and I inherited his knife collection. Quality folders were always our thing. There are so many memories with his knives it made me start collecting again to add to our collection. Every year we would go to a few gun/knife shows since I was a kid and he would always help me pick a good one. They are cherished memories. I have his things and a few of the folders on my mantle.

Sorry for your loss, your father must have been a great guy and this is a really nice "memory pic".
I think a passion for knives and a collection you shared is a beautiful thing to inherit.:)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 am
M Sea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:03 am

Sorry for your loss, your father must have been a great guy and this is a really nice "memory pic".
I think a passion for knives and a collection you shared is a beautiful thing to inherit.:)
Thank you very much. The knife collection has been a pleasant thing to appreciate and focus on during some tough days. I just open up the cabinet and see so many memories there, not just knives. Its a really cool thing.