Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
albatrosses

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Post by albatrosses »

Hello,

I think a Vanax PM2 is an awesome idea. Thank you to Sal for looking into the current cost of Vanax. I know I will buy one when they come out and I know they will sell out quickly. Please, please, please make this happen. PM2OG has a great idea here and there are already so many committed buyers.

Take my money!
Baconswagfl

Post by Baconswagfl »

pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:53 pm
Baconswagfl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:32 pm
Is the pre-order live yet?
Yes. Lets PreOrder. I will pay and wait a year if I have to. They can have all the dollas up front.

I'm 100% on board with putting my money where your mouth is on this topic.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Im all for vanax. Im all for titanium, even if that combo puts the price through the roof.

But please no pm2.
I would rather see the knife be a stand alone model.

I dont have IG or anything else. Im like wartstein I fool around here and thats pretty much it.

Just to say a few things.
20% of the replies in this thread are from the OP. Nothing wrong with that but its something to keep in mind when we say the thread blew up.
Are we sure a lot of the new members who joined because of this thread arent the OP? If someone is going to spam a forum thats a good way to do it. I will assume this is not the case.
Its fine to ask for something, but please dont do it to an excessive degree.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Leobhern, Albatrosses,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Ifuxwrox

Post by Ifuxwrox »

First time poster, long time lurker. I made an account just to comment on this thread. Get my vote in, you know! Let’s at least see a budget salt pm2 as we ramp up to the vanax ti pm2 (which should absolutely happen, it will sell out quick just like all the other sprint run pm2s) and maybe in a few years once the price on vanax goes down we can see it in the salt series knives as a replacement for h1/lc2000n!

Thanks for letting your customers air out their spydie fantasies. Hope you guys tally the votes and see how many people really are interested in fully stainless knives.
Monofletch

Post by Monofletch »

The PM 2 is in just about every other Steel imaginable.... so why not Vanax? Heck I’d buy one!
xJakeHerbertx

Post by xJakeHerbertx »

Take my money
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am
Im all for vanax. Im all for titanium, even if that combo puts the price through the roof.

But please no pm2.
I would rather see the knife be a stand alone model.
I agree. I'd love to see Vanax, but not in a PM2. At least, not as the debut model.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MuleTeam yes anything else, meh probably not.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

Are we sure a lot of the new members who joined because of this thread arent the OP? If someone is going to spam a forum thats a good way to do it. I will assume this is not the case.

It's his IG followers that he directed to come spam the forum

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
pancho64

Post by pancho64 »

On board with this Vanax PM2 mission. I'd pre order no problem. So nice to see this caught on quickly. Thanks @pm2og for helping get all this traction.
BWeiss

Post by BWeiss »

As a Colorado local I’m pleased to say I would buy one and I don’t even like Stainless. I for one think a Mule in Vanax to start would be excellent! It would allow divers to put scales on them and have a fixed blade.

As for Josh and how members here and on IG have received him, I don’t think he did a good job entering a new circle. As a forum Admin on a vintage Bmw forum it is just a different speed. Many are not aware of what a ‘MEME’ is and might have a hard time seeing humor and take it as offense. His approach was wrong but his intentions are in the right place.

For those saying he would just have a custom made in likeness...shame. That is NOT the same thing and it won’t scratch that itch. It’s like taking Pontiac Fiero and doing a Ferrari kit. Who knows if this will happen, I know if it does not I will not be bothered. If it does I’ll buy one just to have a piece of Spyderco history.

I must note: I use high carbon for all my kitchen knives, I use M4 and Rex 45 as my EDC. I for one do not carry the PM2 anymore since I have gravitated to the Shaman and Manix 2.

Brandon
Owner BWeiss Leather
Denver, Colorado
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 am
sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

I've been told that the cost for Vanax has gone down from the $70's to the $50's. I'll discuss it with Eric.

sal
😆😆😆awesome comment
Interesting. I wonder where a G10 PM2 Salt in Vanax would fall MSRP-wise compared to say the Maxamet PM2? :confused:

I'd be semi interested in a G10 (or even LW FRN since we can all assume a PM2 LW is imminent) PM2 Salt in Vanax if it was under $250 MAP. I have zero interest in a Ti version though.

My vote would be straight to a mule and then a Pacific Salt sprint with neon GITD bright pink scales after that. 100% serious. And Satin and TiCN options on the sprint for good measure.

If you want to troll the troller, you could always do a PM2 with the American flag on the blade and maybe something like a Scuba flag wrapped in a sea serpent on the Ti scales since OP's memes really point out how much he loves the CO flag PM2. :D
rivy

Post by rivy »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:36 am
I don't know the OP, nor do I waste anytime on social media, so for me it is not hating the message because of the messenger.
I am not a big fan of the PM2, I have a few and rarely use them. I am not a fan of brutally expensive steels that will be used for IG bragging rights and pocket jewelry. Sal has already stated that the cost of Vanax is 4 times that of S90V and that makes it a non-starter right out of the box. Combine that with the bad idea of $400+ folding knife that is supposed to be used as a dive knife? Ha.

Please let this drop. Go find a custom maker and have them make the knife of your dreams. Seems there are a handful of others that could order the custom at the same time.
You don’t have to buy it. Simple as that.

Also people started talking about dive knives, but I don’t believe that was ever part of the initial request.

We got the ultimate non-stainless PM2 in the 10v, now we want the ultimate stainless PM2 to be built. $300-400 is not a big deal for many enthusiasts as people are already paying that for Chinese made knives by Reate etc. en masse.

Let the people have what they want! :)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

if this happens, I do foresee it - either due to it being a sprint or just limited-availability production (similar to maxamet) - reaching heretofore unseen levels of secondary market pricing. If it comes in the configuration that the OP is looking for, i wouldn't be surprised to see $1k secondary. As we saw with the Crucarta Shaman release, the more cachet a particular model has, the faster it'll get snapped up, and the less likely it is to be used in any way that could decrease the secondary market value.

it's a bit of a paradox - most capable for a certain application, but perhaps least used...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm checking out of this thread, better to leave while my footprints still have some shine.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ifuxwrox, Monofletch, xJakeHerbertx, Pancho and BWeiss,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Brandon, Thanx for your comments on the OP.

We would want to make a Mule Team to test reaction, manufacturing, etc. If we do, we would try to make a larger number so anyone that wants one can get one. If it goes to a production piece, it would most likely not be a sprint, but a regular item. I can't promise it would be a PM2.

sal
JasonBeatty

Post by JasonBeatty »

Thank you for the welcome, Sal, I’m glad to be here.

Putting aside Josh, IG, and all the discord, I remain convinced that Vanax + Spyderco would be a big hit. It’s a purpose driven steel with excellent performance, and something that I have always loved about my Spyderco collection is the variety of amazing steels that are used. I see this as one more in the stable. I like it as an option for the PM2 because there have already been so many varieties, it’s fun to have another.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:41 pm
Hi Ifuxwrox, Monofletch, xJakeHerbertx, Pancho and BWeiss,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Brandon, Thanx for your comments on the OP.

We would want to make a Mule Team to test reaction, manufacturing, etc. If we do, we would try to make a larger number so anyone that wants one can get one. If it goes to a production piece, it would most likely not be a sprint, but a regular item. I can't promise it would be a PM2.

sal

Please be Seki please be Seki please be Seki please be Seki :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JasonBeatty wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:49 pm
Thank you for the welcome, Sal, I’m glad to be here.

Putting aside Josh, IG, and all the discord, I remain convinced that Vanax + Spyderco would be a big hit. It’s a purpose driven steel with excellent performance, and something that I have always loved about my Spyderco collection is the variety of amazing steels that are used. I see this as one more in the stable. I like it as an option for the PM2 because there have already been so many varieties, it’s fun to have another.

Or, you know, have some real variety in life and do it in something cool and new and completely different like a Police LW Salt. A Vanax "Beach Police"! :D