Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dyrestraiz

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Post by Dyrestraiz »

I think the big deal was that Mr. pm2og has been petitioning for a Vanax PM2 for what seems like months at this point on Instagram, saying some less-than pretty words about the good folks down at Spydie. (Also, the big deal with VANAX was its high-corrosion resistance.
Notchlubber

Post by Notchlubber »

I would really love a knife like this. A totally stainless knife with good edge retention and toughness in the form of a PM2 would be heavenly! I know the price would be relatively high, but I would pay it.

Sal, while we're on the subject of stainless... What are the odds the Kapara could get a blade and liners made of LC200N with titanium hardware? Like a meld of the Caribbean and Spydiechef, but more classy? The knife begs for food prep!
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Dyrestraiz wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 pm
Although a VANAX PM2 would be interesting, maybe the other side of the spectrum can be addressed first. Perhaps a budget version of the PM2 similar to the Para 3 LW?
I totally understand the sentiment but my mission in life is to find the best. If I think there is something better I pursue it and campaign for it. It is just a hobby but my tactics dont always land square. I always felt like a PM2 LW would be very flexible and it would irritate people. The Endura is kind of a budget PM2 with less ergos.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Yeah, Instagram...what is that anyway? Is it an internet? How many internets are there?

Anyway, I'm all for Spyderco using new steels (that's what the company excels at), but Vanax seems like an incremental change over steels that are already common, and at such a high price I question its sensibleness. But hey, the more the merrier I suppose!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Dyrestraiz

Post by Dyrestraiz »

Ooh, that's a good one! Haven't handled a Kapara, but from what I've heard, it's A+++. So who knows?
Baconswagfl

Post by Baconswagfl »

Is the pre-order live yet?
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Dyrestraiz wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm
I think the big deal was that Mr. pm2og has been petitioning for a Vanax PM2 for what seems like months at this point on Instagram, saying some less-than pretty words about the good folks down at Spydie. (Also, the big deal with VANAX was its high-corrosion resistance.
Less than pretty is a strong accusation my friend. My words are usually beautiful and full of love.
pm2og

Post by pm2og »

Baconswagfl wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:32 pm
Is the pre-order live yet?
Yes. Lets PreOrder. I will pay and wait a year if I have to. They can have all the dollas up front.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
👀
His Instagram is cringe
Im sorry you feel that way. Its just me.
You do you 😎
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MaxFactor

Post by MaxFactor »

Vanax, in my experience with my Shirogorov F95, has edge retention superior to LC200N and equal corrosion resistance. Pretty much the ideal steel for sweaty or moist pockets. As someone that has spent time deployed in and around Guam (among other wet and salty places), Vanax has proven itself in real world use. I carried and used my LC200N Native LW as well during that time, so I have a decent idea of how the two steels perform.

Of all the large manufacturers, Spyderco stands out to me as (by far) the most willing to try new steels and new designs (ahem, Pochi). It's really surprising to hear they have no plan to utilize what has been shown to be the highest performing nitrogen steel. I understand that outcry on social media may not be a large factor in the decision making process, but maybe a certain number of backers putting their money on the line would be convincing enough? If you consider the number of people purchasing aftermarket scales, screws, clips, and the like; a $500+ full titanium Paramilitary 2 with a sought-after steel doesn't seem so far-fetched. That's not even taking into account the increasing number of folks that are sending knives off for permanent blade modifications.

Lastly, not sure what all these alleged "disrespectful" comments were. All I've seen from pm2og are memes poking fun at Spyderco; more akin to some good-natured teasing than disrespect. If you actually followed his Instagram you'd realize he's one of the most devoted fans out there and has probably exposed a considerable number of the uninitiated to, what I consider one of the most innovative knife brands ever, our beloved Spyderco.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm
Man, am I oldschool... never ever been on Instagram (nor on Facebook, Twitter...for that matter) and this forum is the only one I am active on.
So I have no idea what is/was going on Instagram and can just say 'welcome to the forum'.
Will have to look up what Vanax is like. No idea either tbh... :o
Old School is a good school. Thank you for the warm welcome. Vanax is amazing. It is a nitrogen steel that is truly stainless with similar edge retention as Elmax and the toughness of s35vn. really amazing.
If that's what it pretty much relates to, then I'm really missing the excitement over this steel?? Spyderco already has steels available that are comparable, or better than that...and for a lot less than that price.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm
pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
👀
His Instagram is cringe
Im sorry you feel that way. Its just me.
You do you 😎
EDIT: Nevermind...this guy's not worth it
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I would rather see the efforts go towards the Millie instead. Maxamet, 4V, spy27, k390, all steels that should be run on that atleast once.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Chrisoclm

Post by Chrisoclm »

I am all for this. The pm2 needs a steel like vanax. Spyderco can say it’s expensive all they want but people are willing to pay for an ultra stainless, tough, all around steel like vanax.

At the very least let a dealer like REC etc bring an exclusive to the market. I’m sure they didn’t think many of the exclusives released by the different dealers were too expensive and wouldn’t sell, but the exclusives sell out almost every time.

Please, let’s get a pm2 in vanax! PLEASE!!!! Myself and many others will pay the asking price for something like this.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:50 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:38 pm
I cannot follow you on Instagram because you blocked me. I assume it was for calling you out on some of your shenanigans.

How much do you plan on flipping a Vanax Para2 for?
I dont sell knives unless I buy something I dont use then decide to sell. I used to but no longer have time. You are trying to shame me because you feel entitled and just want someone to bully. Your comment is proof that I probably made the right choice in blocking.
I couldn’t have known you stopped flipping because you blocked me. Shaming people isn’t my style and I don’t think that I am a bully. I have a tendency to call it like I see it but I usually I tone it down around here out of respect.

That said, I am sorry. You may have rubbed me the wrong way on Instagram but I had no good reason to bring that here. For that I apologize.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Jddelval

Post by Jddelval »

Notchlubber wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:15 pm
I would really love a knife like this. A totally stainless knife with good edge retention and toughness in the form of a PM2 would be heavenly! I know the price would be relatively high, but I would pay it.

Sal, while we're on the subject of stainless... What are the odds the Kapara could get a blade and liners made of LC200N with titanium hardware? Like a meld of the Caribbean and Spydiechef, but more classy? The knife begs for food prep!
I love the Kapara. One of my dreams (one of many) would be a Kapara in S90V.
Jddelval

Post by Jddelval »

I live in Florida. Constant sweat while carrying my knife, along with fishing activities, lakes, beaches and rain while I’m working outside can take a toll on some of my favorite steels like K390 for example. A PM2 in Vanax with Titanium scales would be a dream fulfilled. I would absolutely pay for multiples. I know multiple people who would as well. The Millie, PM2, P3 club on Facebook is filled with collectors, users and thousands of others who would easily sell out a sprint or exclusive run of a Vanax/Titanium PM2.

I’m a huge spyderco fan and love this company. I appreciate what the Glessers have built. Thanks for listening to one guy’s long winded dream for Vanax 😉
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:47 pm
Disrespect is relative.
No it really isn't.
pm2og wrote:
Dyrestraiz wrote:
Less than pretty is a strong accusation my friend. My words are usually beautiful and full of love.
No. No they are not.

Welcome to the forum.
Here's hoping you can be better here than you are on Instagram.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:57 pm
pm2og wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:47 pm
Disrespect is relative.
No it really isn't.
pm2og wrote:
Dyrestraiz wrote:
No. No they are not.

Welcome to the forum.
Here's hoping you can be better here than you are on Instagram.
Woah, rare sighting from this guy lately! How you been Matt?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Lucky160

Post by Lucky160 »

I don't live near any salt water nor do I do any diving. I do tend to sweat quite a bit during hot and humid summers, so I would definitely be down to see a completely stainless pm2.

It would be sweet to see a vanax pm2 or something besides the chef that is totally stainless.