Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm

I think we need a Vanax PM2. If you follow me on instagram you are well aware of my campaign to get this done. I know Sal is here and Spyderco doesn't interact on IG. I would love to see this happen.

We are hoping for a full true stainless PM2 with Vanax Steel.

Titanium Scales (like the copper PM2 but with titanium and more machined cuts to reduce weight).
Titanium Lock Bar for the compression lock.
Titanium Hardware (could be coated where titanium isn't a good idea).
Shipped Tip Up (ok now the demands are crazy but I had to try).

This will be my shark stabbing knife. I really need a good one.

User avatar
TazKristi
Member
Posts: 3093
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Golden, CO

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby TazKristi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi, pm2og:
Welcome to our forum. We do interact on IG, but we typically interact more with those who are respectful. You'll find that disparaging remarks directed at our crew don't usually garner our attention.

There is a wealth of information here on our forum, and we are fortunate to have an incredible community. And yes, Sal is here regularly. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 4094
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby The Meat man » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm

And an MSRP of $600...

I would love to see Spyderco start using Vanax, though. Sal intimated that a Mule would probably come before any other models.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby JRinFL » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:07 pm

From Sal himself on another thread:
sal wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Vanax is about 4 times more expensive than S90V and we seem to be having a problem getting a sample to test, besides the high price.

sal
I'm going to say it is highly unlikely to happen. There is no way I would buy one, sorry.
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder: Wharnie for the whin! Friends call me Jim. As do my enemies.

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Sumdumguy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm

No more PM2s, please. I'm all for Vanax. But, I'm over the PM2. There are enough variants to arm half the country. :D

User avatar
Buddafucco
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Buddafucco » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm in!

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 4890
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby TkoK83Spy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:20 pm

No idea what Vanax is, but at that price...I'm out! I don't think any steel that expensive can really be THAT MUCH BETTER than something like 4V or Rex45. Something that extreme, what the heck would you use it for!?
20 :spyder:'s in 11 different steels
2 - ZT's - 0460 and 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Civivi Elementum

-Rick

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 2719
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Mushroom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm

I've seen far too much disrespect from you on Instagram towards Spyderco.

Hopefully your contributions here on the forum will be different.
- Nick

:spyder:

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 pm

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:05 pm
Hi, pm2og:
Welcome to our forum. We do interact on IG, but we typically interact more with those who are respectful. You'll find that disparaging remarks directed at our crew don't usually garner our attention.

There is a wealth of information here on our forum, and we are fortunate to have an incredible community. And yes, Sal is here regularly. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
I would have love to have heard from you before this post. I have been campaigning for PM2s on IG for over 2 years. I dont know if you saw any of the hundreds of 10V posts? I am obviously a fan. Would love to have a conversation. I am actually really easy to talk to. My posts get attention. I admit Im a bit attention seeking some call it being a troll. Its my flaw. Love you. -Josh (thats my real name)

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9830
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby bearfacedkiller » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:38 pm

I cannot follow you on Instagram because you blocked me. I assume it was for calling you out on some of your shenanigans.

How much do you plan on flipping a Vanax Para2 for?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm
I've seen far too much disrespect from you on Instagram towards Spyderco.

Hopefully your contributions here on the forum will be different.
Disrespect is relative. I have literally sold thousands of knives for spyderco by testing and promotion. I have much respect. Im also very deliberate and honest in the way i talk and interact. I have hate thrown at me every day. I deal. Its the way of communication in the new age. The older people get the less they understand it. Its evolution of communication.

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:50 pm

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:38 pm
I cannot follow you on Instagram because you blocked me. I assume it was for calling you out on some of your shenanigans.

How much do you plan on flipping a Vanax Para2 for?
I dont sell knives unless I buy something I dont use then decide to sell. I used to but no longer have time. You are trying to shame me because you feel entitled and just want someone to bully. Your comment is proof that I probably made the right choice in blocking.

Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 7139
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Spydergirl88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm

👀
His Instagram is cringe
Last edited by Spydergirl88 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13658
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby sal » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Josh,

Welcome to our forum.

We have no plans at this time to use Vanax. We may in the future, but it would probably be a Mule Team to see reaction to the materials. I have a Vanax Mule Team (proto) in my kitchen that I use regularly. I'm familiar with the material.

sal

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:00 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm
And an MSRP of $600...

I would love to see Spyderco start using Vanax, though. Sal intimated that a Mule would probably come before any other models.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)
I know they usually run the mule first. Lets get that going. It sounds like from his other posts (ive actually been on here for a long time under an old name) he is having trouble getting a sample. I wonder if there is a production issue due to covid. Nothing moves fast but I think this is the future so we shall see.

User avatar
Dyrestraiz
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 am

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Dyrestraiz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Although a VANAX PM2 would be interesting, maybe the other side of the spectrum can be addressed first. Perhaps a budget version of the PM2 similar to the Para 3 LW?

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm
Hi Josh,

Welcome to our forum.

We have no plans at this time to use Vanax. We may in the future, but it would probably be a Mule Team to see reaction to the materials. I have a Vanax Mule Team (proto) in my kitchen that I use regularly. I'm familiar with the material.

sal
Hey Sal,

Thank you for the response. I also had a knife from Shannon Steel Labs that I tested extensively and then my wife used in the kitchen for about 6 months then I let someone else take it from there. I see Chinese companies and Russian companies using it and I realize its expensive but in this format would be extremely popular. I was on a Search and Dive Rescue team for several years and can see the benefits of a tough steel that is fully stainless. I would love to see a PM2 or 3LW in LC200N as a stepping stone to Vanax. From your testing on the Proto Vanax what are your impressions? Obviously a fan of your work -Josh

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 6703
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby Wartstein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Man, am I oldschool... never ever been on Instagram (nor on Facebook, Twitter...for that matter) and this forum is the only one I am active on.
So I have no idea what is/was going on Instagram and can just say 'welcome to the forum'.
Will have to look up what Vanax is like. No idea either tbh... :o
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm
👀
His Instagram is cringe
Im sorry you feel that way. Its just me.

pm2og
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Vanax PM2 Lets Do This!!!

Postby pm2og » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm
Man, am I oldschool... never ever been on Instagram (nor on Facebook, Twitter...for that matter) and this forum is the only one I am active on.
So I have no idea what is/was going on Instagram and can just say 'welcome to the forum'.
Will have to look up what Vanax is like. No idea either tbh... :o
Old School is a good school. Thank you for the warm welcome. Vanax is amazing. It is a nitrogen steel that is truly stainless with similar edge retention as Elmax and the toughness of s35vn. really amazing.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dj moonbat, Google [Bot], JRinFL, Lumpy, Majestic-12 [Bot], Rinzler, skeeg11, slick228, TomAiello and 31 guests