NEW: MGE Wholesale Teal Native5 Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bemo

Re: NEW: MGE Wholesale Teal Native5 Exclusive

Post by Bemo »

One of my favorite patterns in a steel I just realized I've not tried.... oh yeah.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

REC pre orders sold out
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

laker_cj wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 am
We sold out of them within an hour. ~1000 piece run.

Pending on our shipping schedule (we're working 6 days a week to try to keep up); dealers should start seeing them in their within a week and preorders through them should start popping up by end of day/tomorrow is my guess.
REC preorders are sold out. Can you tell us where else we should look? The Native 5 is one of my favorite Spydercos.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ugaarguy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:19 pm

REC preorders are sold out. Can you tell us where else we should look? The Native 5 is one of my favorite Spydercos.

Google search for "C41PTBL5" over the coming days/weeks. It should hit most major dealers I'd guess. There were 1,000 of these laker_cj said, so I think you will be able to grab one easily. REC is a smaller dealer, so they may have only had a handful. St. Nick's usually only gets 10 or less of sprints and distributor exclusives for frame of reference. Places like BHQ and DLT probably get 100 or more.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

More Delicas please. Would love to see another run of the Teal.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:17 pm
Google search for "C41PTBL5" over the coming days/weeks. It should hit most major dealers I'd guess. There were 1,000 of these laker_cj said, so I think you will be able to grab one easily. REC is a smaller dealer, so they may have only had a handful. St. Nick's usually only gets 10 or less of sprints and distributor exclusives for frame of reference. Places like BHQ and DLT probably get 100 or more.
Thanks for reminding me to search by the model number. Hopefully I'm able to snag one.
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

You'll start seeing them soon; judging by locations of where they're shipping.

I cannot give specific dealers that are getting them as I'll miss someone and/or give the appearance of favoritism if I provided a list regardless of listed order.

You guys/ladies have the right idea of searching by model number; they'll start showing up for preorders soon I'm sure at other locations.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
fixall

Post by fixall »

Just put my order in!

My wife's all time favorite knife is the teal/S30V Dragonfly, but she was just saying the other day how she could use something a little beefier for when she has to break a big box down for recycling (like actually cutting the box, rather than just the tape). This should fit the bill perfectly!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

In stock at Indiana Knives

Looking at better pics of this one, I'm going to pass. The teal color's too light for me
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Knife joker has them up for preorder. I’m waiting on the SPY27 version but this is a beautiful knife!
JMM

Post by JMM »

I do love s90v & the Native5, and given the price point being where the recent Rex45 & 4V models were I am in for one. I'm not crazy about the scale/handle colour, but that light a colour to start with would offer a lot of options in the Rit dye department, I think most any shade of green or blue would be pretty easy to do. Hrrmmmmm...
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

JMM, just think of it as a Mariners team color knife....
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:17 pm
ugaarguy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:19 pm

REC is a smaller dealer, so they may have only had a handful.
Not that it matters since I agree they'll be pretty easy to get, but it appeared REC had close to 100 available based I could tell from cart-checking. Part of why they stayed in stock there for a while presumably, I was surprised to see them have so many though.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

I think KnifeJoker got the MSRP wrong, so the preorder price is significantly higher than it should be (like $45 dollars high).
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 pm
I think KnifeJoker got the MSRP wrong, so the preorder price is significantly higher than it should be (like $45 dollars high).
Must be something wrong with his website. It shows $122 on the homepage which is what I saw on the product page a few hours ago, but now the product page lists it at $163. If you put it in your cart though it does show it at $122 which matches with REC price.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

eRoc wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 pm
Must be something wrong with his website. It shows $122 on the homepage which is what I saw on the product page a few hours ago, but now the product page lists it at $163. If you put it in your cart though it does show it at $122 which matches with REC price.
It does indeed! Thanks for that. Preorder placed.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Indiana Knives was out by the time I did another google search and checked this thread again a few hours ago. I did manage to get one through Knife Joker. Thanks to all for sharing pre order availability.
wolfstyle

Post by wolfstyle »

KnivesShipFree has these in stock for anybody looking.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

If anyone has this and the Teal S30V Endura, a side by side photo would be appreciated. In promotional photos, it looks like the Native has a lighter color compared to the Endura.
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

mikey177 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:53 am
If anyone has this and the Teal S30V Endura, a side by side photo would be appreciated. In promotional photos, it looks like the Native has a lighter color compared to the Endura.
I'll snap one here in the next couple days of all the Teals that have been done.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder