DLT Trading: will we see a OD/TiCN Cruwear Endura?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Meat man

DLT Trading: will we see a OD/TiCN Cruwear Endura?

Post by The Meat man »

Who's with me on this?

I haven't bought any new knives for awhile now.

But an OD green FRN, TiCN coated CPM CRUWEAR blade Endura modeled off the recent Delica would break the spell. I would buy one instantly!

DLT, please tell us that an Endura is coming soon! :eek:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Burton Knut

Re: DLT Trading: will we see a OD/TiCN Cruwear Endura?

Post by Burton Knut »

And the Police! I’m in for two of each! I’d take a satin blade with the blacked out hardware (or satin hardware) too!
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I would like to see it happen.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd seriously buy a half dozen of these. This is my actual grail knife. Really hope this happens!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm in for one, too! My teal endura is really growing on me - funny how a knife that used to seem too big for edc now feels like a great size. Anyhow, I'd love another in this combo.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

Its been discussed, the Endura sells significantly slower than the Delica, which in turn sells significantly slower than the Manix 2/Para 2 class of exclusive knives. It makes it hard to give the green light to a batch of the quantity we usually order. Personally I'd love to see it, I really like the Endura, but right now I don't have an ETA.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 am
I'd seriously buy a half dozen of these. This is my actual grail knife. Really hope this happens!
Right? I've yet to try an Endura, but the size is right about in my preferred range. It's a great color combo and you can't complain about the steel either. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

DLTJordan wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am
Its been discussed, the Endura sells significantly slower than the Delica, which in turn sells significantly slower than the Manix 2/Para 2 class of exclusive knives. It makes it hard to give the green light to a batch of the quantity we usually order. Personally I'd love to see it, I really like the Endura, but right now I don't have an ETA.
Hi DLTJordan! Thanks for weighing in.

Hopefully there's enough interest that you guys feel comfortable taking the risk. I think an Endura in this combo would be a great seller!

Steelcity16 might be willing to foot half the bill just to make it happen. :D
- Connor

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DLTJordan wrote:

Thanks for the insight Jordan. I wonder if you can "combine" batches of models to meet a minimum? That way you could spread the demand among models to help sell them. So for example, do an order of 1,200 of this OD Green (or Purple!) TiCN Cruwear combo, split amongst the Endura, Endela, and Police LW so you only have to worry about selling 400 of each, rather than 1,200 of a single model. The Zome GITD Enduras and Delicas came out around the same time, so I was wondering if that distributor did something like this.

Or, maybe they would require you to stick with the same model (Endura), but you could split the 1,200 evenly among a number of blade types (FFG PE, FFG SE, FFG PE Wharnie, FFG SE Wharnie, CE, FFG SE Emerson Opener, PE FFG Emerson Opener, etc). Lot of people are looking for a specific model. I just saw yesterday a number of people are seeking out Enduras in FFG SE Emerson Openers. Many others are always asking for an FFG SE model since the current SE Endura is not FFG.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

^Good questions.

I will add that I think this combo would also have a lot of appeal with gun guys, too. There would probably be a wider interest in this particular steel/color combo than in previous Endura versions.
- Connor

nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

If this happens, I might finally give in and get an Endura...at long last. Funky bread knife-like aesthetics and unappealing color combinations (to my tastes at least) are what's holding me back. But I have to admit, an Endura in this color scheme is so tacticool I might get multiples if it ever materializes at all. :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope not, at least until next year because I would sure want to buy one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Welp, the uncertainty of a big brother sealed the deal and FOMO won the day...well that and the thin slicey nature of a Delica :)
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I bought two of the Delica (don't ask me why, I never carry a Delica) but really want an a couple Enduras in this format! Please, please, please DLT get this one done!
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

My last post was meant for the Delica thread but while I’m hear, if the Endura is a slow seller I’m sure the Police LW hype train would help move plenty of these beauties (eye of the beholder to be applied here.)
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

DLTJordan wrote:
i would love an endura, but i'd love a manix even more. i'd more than likely buy both.

if you go with a manix in this combo though, please do g10 instead of a lightweight. i don't want a tool steel knife in a package i can't take apart to properly maintain. dlc and od g10 and i'd be on it immediately.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am
DLTJordan wrote:

Thanks for the insight Jordan. I wonder if you can "combine" batches of models to meet a minimum? That way you could spread the demand among models to help sell them. So for example, do an order of 1,200 of this OD Green (or Purple!) TiCN Cruwear combo, split amongst the Endura, Endela, and Police LW so you only have to worry about selling 400 of each, rather than 1,200 of a single model. The Zome GITD Enduras and Delicas came out around the same time, so I was wondering if that distributor did something like this.

Or, maybe they would require you to stick with the same model (Endura), but you could split the 1,200 evenly among a number of blade types (FFG PE, FFG SE, FFG PE Wharnie, FFG SE Wharnie, CE, FFG SE Emerson Opener, PE FFG Emerson Opener, etc). Lot of people are looking for a specific model. I just saw yesterday a number of people are seeking out Enduras in FFG SE Emerson Openers. Many others are always asking for an FFG SE model since the current SE Endura is not FFG.

Piggybacking on the above, if they can split it between a few different Endura models to meet the minimum and spread out the demand, I wonder if the Endura with the Glock tool could be an option?? This color combo is so tacticool it would be a match made in heaven.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I would purchase a few in each edge configuration run (PE, SE or CE).

Same with a Police 4.
:unicorn
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

DLTJordan wrote:
Much appreciated, thanks for all the people at DLT for making the C11FPCWODBK available.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Another thought since the Para/Manix models sell so well how about a Chief? My most anticipated knife is the Rex45 Chief and this combo would be just as desirable if not more so.