Temporary Loss of Dexterity and Opening a Spyderco, No Problem

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Temporary Loss of Dexterity and Opening a Spyderco, No Problem

Post by Pokey »

When I go out for walks, or hikes I noticed several years ago that my hands swell. They swell just enough that I can't bend my fingers like normal. It's almost as if I have a pair of thick gloves on. If I hold my hands over my head the swelling goes away in a couple of minutes, or when using trekking poles it doesn't really happen at all.

Tonight on a walk I was reaching for and opening my PM 2 while my hands were all puffed up and yet I could still feel the Round Hole and using gross motor skills, successfully open and close the blade single-handedly without having to look at it.

That's a pretty good invention you've got there, Sal. ;)
curlyhairedboy

Re: Temporary Loss of Dexterity and Opening a Spyderco, No Problem

Post by curlyhairedboy »

thanks for the story! I find that even in the winter, the large PM2 hole works well with stiff, gloved hands.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
metaphoricalsimile

Re: Temporary Loss of Dexterity and Opening a Spyderco, No Problem

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Yup, there's a reason why the spydiehole is my favorite opener.

https://youtu.be/p1GPa_d-0qw