Tip solidity?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jull

Re: Tip solidity?

Post by Jull »

Cambertree wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Michael Janich has used a Delica and Endura for years as part of his SD tool selection, I believe.
Agree with you i dont think SS2 was really bad, did you know if Michael Janich talk about Sabre grind for endura/delica or full flat?

I fact i really love this SS2, it's good slicer for prep food/heating, he's really nice aestetic and pleasure too use, and maybe he can do a "correct" job for stabing so i will reflect to this, Manix 2 was a really good performer but not total in love with dagger blade aestetic... (yes i'm a borring guy...) so i will see.

:) Maybe i will try too do this for be sure
40633-F20-0-ADC-4-A6-D-9752-BF0942-FF3-CD1.jpg
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

The Janich customised Enduras and Delicas on the 5x5 Combat Solutions site are sabre ground.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

If your self-defense tactics focus on doing things like thrusting through skulls and twisting, saber-ground Enduras and Delicas are probably your best bet. Their point thickness would fare better, and both have matching trainers that would support skill development training.

While you're developing skills, you may want to re-think stabbing through skulls...

Stay safe,

Mike
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Michael Janich wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 am
While you're developing skills, you may want to re-think stabbing through skulls...

Stay safe,

Mike

Exactly! Get on YouTube, watch some anatomy videos and pay attention to the soft targets that enable movement of arms, legs, hands, and move blood.

Kenhub
https://www.youtube.com/user/kenHubCOM

:D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Jull

Post by Jull »

Michael Janich wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 am

Stay safe,

Mike
Thanks for answear, Mr Michael Janich :)

Total agree with this, and again i'm not really envisaging this, but just for perssonal knowledge, and with your perssonal experience you thing you cant stabing (maybe not a skull, just the side of pork:)) in secure with blade like strech 2 straight spine, or risk too broken blade was too big.

Thichness of this SS2 was arround the endura and delica full flat ground.

(sorry for my poor english :))
Thanks.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Thrusting into pork tissue with the Stretch should be no problem. I've done it many times with Delicas and Enduras--both saber ground and full-flat--and their blades and locks held up fine.

Stay safe,

Mike
Jull

Post by Jull »

OK Thanks for this, really apriciate too learn knifes with spyderco comunity and créator of this knife.

This saturday i will buying some ribs and try this Strech.

Jull

Post by Jull »

I have buying some pork rib this weekend, and try stab with this strech 2 SS.

I'm surprised how the blade penetrate in bones. Easely 0.5, 1 or 2 cm penetrate in bones, tip penetrate well that sure.

But i'm not really in trust it.
That total speculated scénario, certainly appen 10% chance... and maybe This SS2 stay good but;

If you stab in fight, blade penetrate 1cm in bone, during this fight you make unexpected twist motion when blade was in bone, and at this moment i think SS2 can easy broken 0.5cm or more.

So dificult too be in trust whith this.