So for example, some of my favorite models include the Endura, Delica, Dragonfly, Military, Manix, and Native. If a dealer did an exclusive in any of those with a solid color of Peel Ply G10 or FRN and a coated Cruwear blade, I would buy them all.
But some deal breakers on these knives would be:
- Smooth G10 handles (I passed on all of the smooth G10 Cruwear exclusives...would have bought all in Peel Ply G10
- Zome FRN (I passed on the 4 GITD Zome Delica/Endura models...non-zome I would have bought all 4)
- The weird "liner" on that S90V Delica that people reported was peeling off like paint (passed, would have bought sans liner)
- San Mai steels (will likely pass on the SRS-13 sprint series if San Mai...would buy most models if unclad)
- Damascus blades (don't like the looks of these)
- pretty much any scale material other than FRN/FRCP, Peel Ply G10, or Micarta (I don't like Ti, CF, wood, etc)
It's good I have these rules as I already have more Spydies than I will ever need and there were a half dozen or more just in Reveal 6 that I do want!
Anyone else think like this? Could be things like DLC/PVD/TiCN coatings, "girly" colors like Purple or Pink, neon colors, GITD, a Tanto blade, a Combo Edge, an Emerson Opener, a Saber Ground blade, a Serrated Edge blade, excessive shipping, high prices, etc.