Thank you Sal for the pink Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Thank you Sal for the pink Delica

Post by Doc Dan »

When my wife saw it she squealed with joy. It’s pink! Plus I note it has S30v for icing. Thank you, Sal.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sumdumguy

Re: Thank you Sal for the pink Delica

Post by Sumdumguy »

Hah, I saw the DLC and immediately said, "Finally!"

I'm not excited about it in any way. But, you know that Pink/DLC version is going to sell like crazy. Every chick getting out of their Black/Pink Jeeps at the mall will have one.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 am

I'm not excited about it in any way. But, you know that Pink/DLC version is going to sell like crazy. Every chick getting out of their Black/Pink Jeeps at the mall will have one.

Lol. Yeah, for sure! I hope that the TiCN outsells the satin by miles so they will take the hint and start offering more TiCN coated models in the Seki lineup. I would have loved to have seen TiCN offered on the K390 models. Whatever little extra protection (or oil holding capability) is offered from the coating is welcome on corrosion prone steels like K390. I'll be grabbing a few of these TiCN Pink Delicas.

That blacked out Manbug Wharnie is pretty awesome too. I am getting a handful of these for all of my keychains. It is crazy to me that we still don't have a blacked out Dragonfly Salt with all of the people who have asked for one over the years. Equally crazy is no blacked out option for the standard FFG PE Delicas and Enduras? :confused: :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 am

Lol - and a few of us that have silver cars and hate malls, too! ;) But seriously, whatever it takes to get more women to try carrying a pocket knife is good with me. I'm not a big pink person (I have a pink SAK, only), but I think this pink and black is awesome.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

My wife wouldn't be caught dead with something pink :p But I'm all for a few more black knives from Japan! I recently started a thread about getting the wharncliffe Delica with a black blade...
/ David
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Am I the only guy here that would carry a pink knife?
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

prndltech wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 am

I'll be rockin' one. I'm actually hoping they do the TiCN coated Pink one in the Endura and Dragonfly as well. I think pink is good for public carry as well. Less frightening to the sheeple. :D

I actually think this color would be perfect for a Spyderhawk Salt SE Sprint since most people use them for yardwork. It will make it easy to see in the grass! And a lot of lady gardeners might be intrigued by a Pink Spyderhawk and Pink Tasman Salt SE.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sal

Post by sal »

Actually, the requests for more pink models came from the forums.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 am
Actually, the requests for more pink models came from the forums.

sal

Thanks for listening Sal as always! And especially a HUGE thanks for including a TiCN version. No doubt in my mind that one will be a huge hit! See my comment above yours for more requests for more models. :D
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

prndltech wrote:
No I'd easily have one if I was to buy an ordinary Delica! The coated one looks cool! :)
/ David
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I will be buying both models. I love pink knives. I also have a friend that it will make a perfect gift for. Thank you.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Pink is fine. I'd certainly carry one. It is not my favorite color but my wife likes it.
Back in the 1800's and early 1900's pink was a boy's color and blue was for girls. It got swapped around for a reason I do not recall. I still wear pink shirts (I draw the line on pink pants though).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I'll carry a pink knife. I wear pink shirts (wearing one right now in fact). Pink is probably one of my favorite colors along with blue, purple and green. Don't care too much for TiCN coatings or any other coating, but I'll be buying both pink Delicas anyway if I can get my hands on them.
--Jeremy
araneae

Post by araneae »

Black and pink is on my list.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

I'm not big on pink as a color in general; probably a conditioned response. One more thing on my long list of things to meditate on. For those who love love'em, I'm happy you will have this opportunity.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:37 pm
Pink is fine. I'd certainly carry one. It is not my favorite color but my wife likes it.
Back in the 1800's and early 1900's pink was a boy's color and blue was for girls. It got swapped around for a reason I do not recall. I still wear pink shirts (I draw the line on pink pants though).
Both my grandfathers frequently wore pink shirts - one was a farmer, both were vets, and both were tough as nails. Both my sons like and wear pink, and my former Marine husband just bought a pair of running shoes with bright pink all over 'em. Pink being a "girl color" is nothing more than a marketing ploy.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sal

Post by sal »

I wear pink shirts. We are also working on a hat that is pink. We also needed new models for our cancer research donation.

sal
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Would definitely use a pink knife. Anything that's easy to see in the bush is a bonus for me.
The dog doesn't care what colour I have or use....(don't think she tells anyone either ;) )
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Takuan

Post by Takuan »

sal wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:51 pm
I wear pink shirts. We are also working on a hat that is pink. We also needed new models for our cancer research donation.

sal
My wife is a breast cancer survivor, so thank you very much for your generous support of cancer research.
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

prndltech wrote:
Definitely not! The pink and black combo is gorgeous. Those and the toxic green Salts both tickled my *want* button. I’m a sucker for bright colors.