a simple question about the pac salt 2 and the 5x5 solutions recluse clip.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Abyss_Fish

a simple question about the pac salt 2 and the 5x5 solutions recluse clip.

Post by Abyss_Fish »

weeeeeeelllllll, does it fit?

I emailed 5x5 asking if the clip hit the logo emblem or not, assuming that any endura accessories would fit on the pac salt. Like how endura stuff fits on the matrarch. But instead they replied just saying that the clip would not fit on the pac salt at all.

I kinda just don't believe them. Are they just being extra careful with compatibility or is there some difference with the pac salt's backspacer that I'm not aware of?
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
SpyderGrill

Re: a simple question about the pac salt 2 and the 5x5 solutions recluse clip.

Post by SpyderGrill »

Have no idea what your asking, but are you aware there is 2 different pac salts? The old one had a barrel spacer clip, or what ever you call it, and the newer pac salt 2 has 3 screws.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

No it will not fit.
5x5 clip is replacement for backspacer. And there is NO BACKSPACER IN PACIFIC SALT 2.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Pancake wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 pm
No it will not fit.
5x5 clip is replacement for backspacer. And there is NO BACKSPACER IN PACIFIC SALT 2.
oh wow, I did not know that. Is the handle interchangeable with regular endura handles?
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 pm
Pancake wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 pm
No it will not fit.
oh wow, I did not know that. Is the handle interchangeable with regular endura handles?
Well, you should be able to swap blade and lockbar between Pacific Salt 2 and Endura 4.
But Pacific being linerless, doesn't have separate backspacer, backspacer is solid molded as a one piece with one scale.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Welp I feel like an idiot. I literally had no clue there was a difference between base seki models and the salt ones til now.

Case closed I suppose.
Lightly insane.

Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:48 pm
Welp I feel like an idiot. I literally had no clue there was a difference between base seki models and the salt ones til now.

Case closed I suppose.
If you do a blade switch with an Endura then you can use the clip. You just have do decide if you need the salt aspect of the handle or not :)
/ David