Endela K390 in Blue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderGrill

Re: Endela K390 in Blue

Post by SpyderGrill »

rak2

Post by rak2 »

Have the blue Endela K390 arriving soon after being on back order with Knife Center. Looking forward to seeing how the K390 behaves !
rak2
rak2

Post by rak2 »

Endela arrived yesterday and in my non-expert opinion the quality is Outstanding!
Solid fit and finish and the opening-closing action out of the box is smooth/precise/crisp.
Really really sharp edge. Blade perfectly centered.
Blade was coated with a light lubricant and box included some info that this steel might need some occasional rust prevention treatment as compared to other steels.

I was concerned about what the Blue FRN color might be as some marketing pictures show a very very dark blue (almost black) and other photos show a light powder/baby blue. Am pleased to report that the blue in person is a subdued (hint of grey) medium blue (indoors) but it will show a lighter shade in certain lighting conditions.

Did I mention that it is sharp?
rak2
flmosinman124

Post by flmosinman124 »

The postman just delivered. I think I found my new EDC 😎
Attachments
90E92A76-78E8-418B-9AA0-7525931C0A06.jpeg
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

My K390 Endela arrived today. Im usually an Endura guy, but I gotta say that I really like the design. Handle width is that of the Endura, as is the blade thickness and finger choil area. Blade shape is def more like the Delica, which I like, and I noticed that the finger grooves further down the handle are nice and smoothed over. All this with an awesome steel like K390 and I say you have a really nice all-rounder EDC blade. It wont kick my K390 Endura out of my pocket, but Ill def add it into the rotation for later. I do appreciate it as a size up from the Delica, and it fits my med-large hands well.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Flmosinman,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

My K390 Endela from KC was stuck at Richmond for 8 days but finally go here on the 14th. I have waited a long time for this one to ship and really love it -- It's the Goldilocks size for me too! I'm fighting the urge to buy a backup. Thanks, Sal & Co.

Now if we could only get a K390 Straight Spine Stretch go with it!
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

wirelessjunkie wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm
My K390 Endela arrived today. Im usually an Endura guy, but I gotta say that I really like the design. Handle width is that of the Endura, as is the blade thickness and finger choil area. Blade shape is def more like the Delica, which I like, and I noticed that the finger grooves further down the handle are nice and smoothed over. All this with an awesome steel like K390 and I say you have a really nice all-rounder EDC blade. It wont kick my K390 Endura out of my pocket, but Ill def add it into the rotation for later. I do appreciate it as a size up from the Delica, and it fits my med-large hands well.

The Endela doesn't have a finger choil. It has a good old classic ricasso. I like this feature slightly more than a finger choil.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

elena86 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:44 am
wirelessjunkie wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm

The Endela doesn't have a finger choil. It has a good old classic ricasso. I like this feature slightly more than a finger choil.
Youre correct, Im trying to describe the area of the handle closest to the ricasso. Its the same size as the Endura.
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

In my pocket everyday since I got it. Great companion for the Endura and the color is great.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Love the scale color and on mine the bevels are darn near spot on at 15° :spyder:

elena86

Post by elena86 »

Did anyone measure the thickness behind the edge ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

My K390 Endela arrived today, and I put it to work right away. For me, it feels better in hand than the Delica because of that little extra handle length.
Attachments
endela k390 hose.jpg
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

mikey177 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:56 am
My K390 Endela arrived today, and I put it to work right away. For me, it feels better in hand than the Delica because of that little extra handle length.
Handle also taller and thicker than the Delicas.
Actually an a bit shorter and a bit more handfilling Endura-handle. Perfect imho.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

^ Agreed. I hope the Endela gets more variants in the future.