Reveal 6 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Reveal 6 Live!

Post by Surfingringo »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Smallfly is a MUST HAVE for me!
I can guarantee you that one will not be kept to my normal sharpness standards. :eek: :p
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

That Autonomy 2 caught my eye:
1. Autonomy
2. LC200N
3. Serrated
4. Pointy end in front

Not gonna pre-order, but I'll be watching...

=-=-=-=-=-=
Edit:
Changed my mind. Pre-ordered.
Last edited by RustyIron on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

Wow so many beautiful knives!

1. The green one because it matches hubby’s car color Verde Mantis.

2. Delica Pink because it’s so beautiful

3. Sage 1 because I like the handle

4. Para 2 because I love the flag
vivi

Post by vivi »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:25 pm
Pattadese should've had a blade length of 2.99" not 3.16" to make it legal in more places. Pity since it's a handy folder and quite a slicer!
The Harbor Freight $60 1" belt sander would open up new legal options for you RamZar. I used one to give my Pacific Salt 2 a straight spine mod. Shortening the blade length wouldn't be very difficult with one!
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 pm
That Autonomy 2 caught my eye:
1. Autonomy
2. LC200N
3. Serrated
4. Pointy end in front

Not gonna pre-order, but I'll be watching...
I've gotta handle one of these. Seems like it could give my Manix a run for the money. Ergonomics look good and being a Salt is always a plus but I have no experience with that lock type.
:unicorn
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very cool reveal! Almost every page had me saying, “I need one of those.” I mean, a re-birth of the Small-Fly?! A Tenacious in S35VN?! A Sage in Maxamet?! And that awesome Colorado-themed PM2?! Oh, and let’s not forget those sweet looking Salts on page one! Well, I can easily see this is going to be an expensive Reveal for me. :D Nicely done, Spyderco.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

vivi wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:47 pm
RamZar wrote:
Pattadese should've had a blade length of 2.99" not 3.16" to make it legal in more places. Pity since it's a handy folder and quite a slicer!
The Harbor Freight $60 1" belt sander would open up new legal options for you RamZar. I used one to give my Pacific Salt 2 a straight spine mod. Shortening the blade length wouldn't be very difficult with one!

True but some police officers don’t measure the blade and just look up the blade length online.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
araneae

Post by araneae »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:43 pm
vivi wrote:
RamZar wrote:

True but some police officers don’t measure the blade and just look up the blade length online.
That seems a bit unlikely, how would they find a specific knife online with all the hundreds of options out there?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Great reveal! I will buy an Atlantic Salt in PE (I have the H1 serrated) and a Pacific Salt PE (have both in H1) maybe have to get the serrated also.

Also the Pink Delica/Black Blade, no issues with my manhood, so I can take the criticism if a few friends raz me for having a pink knife.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

vivi wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:48 pm
I've gotta handle one of these. Seems like it could give my Manix a run for the money. Ergonomics look good and being a Salt is always a plus but I have no experience with that lock type.
Nor have I. But there's only one way to get that experience. Ante up!
David R

Post by David R »

New Sage 1! The original Sage 1 is probably my most carried and used Spydie. I was just speculating on another forum if they would ever do a Sage with a different steel. Yes please with a Maxamet sage. (I don't need a Maxamet folder and would maybe have preferred M390, S45, or S90). Maxamet patina is going to look great with that handle color.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

araneae wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:38 pm
RamZar wrote:
vivi wrote:
RamZar wrote:

That seems a bit unlikely, how would they find a specific knife online with all the hundreds of options out there?

Some police officers are also big fans of knives and most know about Spyderco, Benchmade, ZT, etc. Anyway, my preference is to get folders with blade lengths of 2.75”-2.99” straight from the manufacturer.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

David R wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 pm
New Sage 1! The original Sage 1 is probably my most carried and used Spydie. I was just speculating on another forum if they would ever do a Sage with a different steel. Yes please with a Maxamet sage. (I don't need a Maxamet folder and would maybe have preferred M390, S45, or S90). Maxamet patina is going to look great with that handle color.
Don't get me wrong, I think Maxamet is pretty amazing stuff but I think I would've preferred S45VN or even SPY27. For some reason Maxamet doesn't seem appropriate for the Sage. I'll be getting one regardless
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
araneae

Post by araneae »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:21 pm
araneae wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:38 pm
RamZar wrote:
vivi wrote:

Some police officers are also big fans of knives and most know about Spyderco, Benchmade, ZT, etc. Anyway, my preference is to get folders with blade lengths of 2.75”-2.99” straight from the manufacturer.
I worked with the police department in a past job (even sharpened knives for a number of them) and from the officers I knew, none were anywhere near a knife nut and the one I knew that carried a Spydie didn't even know what model he had. I really think you're stretching. If you like the knife, it's pretty easy to get it modded to legal length.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

With the Pacific Salt 2, I can finally fulfill my dream of having a Spyderco in every color of the rainbow :)
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

LC200N Pacific Salt 2 is a buy for me.

Regarding SmallFly 2: edc-style blade looks a bit too wide for those handles.

While in US is restricted (I don't get it why is restricted, I think you can buy a Benchmade balisong online at BladeHQ, I went up to completing card details without any id/authorisation check), will this be available for sale in EU without having to get Trump's signature, Melania's endorsement and an approval from the European Council?

I see it listed on Lamnia, I might get lucky, after all I was able to get Janisong in EU.
https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/54988/knive ... ife-b02gp2
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm
David R wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 pm
Don't get me wrong, I think Maxamet is pretty amazing stuff but I think I would've preferred S45VN or even SPY27. For some reason Maxamet doesn't seem appropriate for the Sage. I'll be getting one regardless
This struck me as kind of an odd choice, too. First off I expected the sage lightweight to get the new steel/color treatment. Did the sage 1 sell especially well, I wonder? Secondly maxamet is a pretty polarizing choice, although I suppose it's something already in their regular production lineup and lots of people have asked for more. Still, not my preference. Spy27 and blue would've sold me.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Featherblade

Post by Featherblade »

K390 Endela, S35VN Tenacious LW in Blue, S45VN Mule Team, CBN benchstone and... WOW, this new Salt series, esp. FFG Atlantic Salt in Green.

Just amazing reveal !

P.S. I will not look at engraved SPY27 ParaMily again - it's dangerous. :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Perhaps they are testing Maxamet in a liner lock in the Sage to prepare for the Maxamet Military? 🤔
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Are you suggesting a Sage 2 with upgrading steel? Be still my beating heart.