Reveal 6 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Reveal 6 Live!

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:44 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm
David R wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 pm
New Sage 1! The original Sage 1 is probably my most carried and used Spydie. I was just speculating on another forum if they would ever do a Sage with a different steel. Yes please with a Maxamet sage. (I don't need a Maxamet folder and would maybe have preferred M390, S45, or S90). Maxamet patina is going to look great with that handle color.
Don't get me wrong, I think Maxamet is pretty amazing stuff but I think I would've preferred S45VN or even SPY27. For some reason Maxamet doesn't seem appropriate for the Sage. I'll be getting one regardless
This struck me as kind of an odd choice, too. First off I expected the sage lightweight to get the new steel/color treatment. Did the sage 1 sell especially well, I wonder? Secondly maxamet is a pretty polarizing choice, although I suppose it's something already in their regular production lineup and lots of people have asked for more. Still, not my preference. Spy27 and blue would've sold me.
I have no way of knowing how many have been made/sold but it's been in the lineup for over 10 years. I know I've seen a lot of people comment they have a Sage 1. So I imagine it has been a pretty good seller. That said, I figured it's probably run it's course and figured it would be on the disco'd list this year (still could be). Seeing this new version of the S1 is a nice surprise (not uncommon for Spyderco). I too would've thought the Sage 5 LW would be the one to see the variation
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

p_atrick wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:59 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Don't get me wrong, I think Maxamet is pretty amazing stuff but I think I would've preferred S45VN or even SPY27. For some reason Maxamet doesn't seem appropriate for the Sage. I'll be getting one regardless
Are you suggesting a Sage 2 with upgrading steel? Be still my beating heart.
No not at all. I was referring to the Sage 1 G10/Maxamet that's in the Reveal. Sage 2 is still probably my favorite in the series. I'd find hard to pass on a upgraded version of that too but, given that I'm completely happy with the Sage 2 as is was made, it would need to have a much better steel and anodized in a nice color to get me to buy.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:22 am
No not at all. I was referring to the Sage 1 G10/Maxamet that's in the Reveal. Sage 2 is still probably my favorite in the series. I'd find hard to pass on a upgraded version of that too but, given that I'm completely happy with the Sage 2 as is was made, it would need to have a much better steel and anodized in a nice color to get me to buy.
I'm interested in trying out SPY-27. So far, there has not been a model that has jumped out at me. Put it in a Sage 2 and I'm game. I'm not sure if it is a "better" steel. It has a mix of attributes that, on paper, appeal to me. I'd love to try out the steel in a model that I adore. The release of the Sage 1 in a new steel has given me hope (however unlikely) that we could see a new Sage 2.
archangel

Post by archangel »

For me, only one perhaps purchase: the Sage 1 Maxamet. Maxamet YESYESYES, Sage YES, but #1 WLL - not reeeeally my preferred lock. Any other lock = any other Sage version and I'd be IN! But this version - I need to think...

I really hoped for more SPY27 and S45VN..... Oh well, Reveal 7 will come around eventually. :p SPY27 and S45VN will flood us, without a doubt.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
vivi

Post by vivi »

archangel wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:20 am
For me, only one perhaps purchase: the Sage 1 Maxamet. Maxamet YESYESYES, Sage YES, but #1 WLL - not reeeeally my preferred lock. Any other lock = any other Sage version and I'd be IN! But this version - I need to think...

I really hoped for more SPY27 and S45VN..... Oh well, Reveal 7 will come around eventually. :p SPY27 and S45VN will flood us, without a doubt.
I've been thinking about buying another Military. I miss owning one. I'm waiting to see if they run them in SPY27, that might be the one that brings me back to that model. Shame they don't make them in CE any more.
:unicorn
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Good stuff in this reveal! I'll definitely get those wharncliffe manbugs, and I have to find a way to get my hands on that smallfly somehow!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
archangel

Post by archangel »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:57 pm
Good stuff in this reveal! I'll definitely get those wharncliffe manbugs, and I have to find a way to get my hands on that smallfly somehow!

Are butterflies / balisongs legal in the Netherlands?? :eek:

They are not in Germany. :mad:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

archangel wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Are butterflies / balisongs legal in the Netherlands?? :eek:
They are not in Germany. :mad:
Well, they used to be legal :rolleyes: . They aren't now, so I'll never own one. Still, I'd love to get my hands on one, perhaps at a future trade show at the Spyderco booth. :o
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

So many wonderful new releases!

Short list:

SE pac salt 2 in Lc200n
Chapburral
Smallfly 2 (might need two!)

The new vanquest bag also has my eye...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Ric

Post by Ric »

Balisongs are illegal in the Netherlands.
To carry and also to have at home.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am
Pricing is also available at the same link, just click on the menu at the top (three lines stacked) and select "Files."
Hi Kristi,

Is the Smallfly 2 price correct in the files? I ask because BHQ has it on their site with an MSRP of $300 and a Map of $210...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:34 am
TazKristi wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am
Pricing is also available at the same link, just click on the menu at the top (three lines stacked) and select "Files."
Hi Kristi,

Is the Smallfly 2 price correct in the files? I ask because BHQ has it on their site with an MSRP of $300 and a Map of $210...
Hi, curlyhairedboy:
There was an error in the pricing guide. I have corrected it and the correct pricing now shows. It is an MSRP of $300. Thanks for asking and we apologize for any confusion.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I like that Police 4! On the list it goes!!!

- K390 steel
- 4.38 inch blade
- Back lock
- FRN is fine by me
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

I want the blue Tenacious.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
sal

Post by sal »

Ric wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:00 am
As it should be. I remember one if my baisongs picked it's way out of my safe, made its way into town a cut something. I didn't get in trouble because I had no control of the knife. It had a mind of its own. :rolleyes:

sal
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

sal wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:34 am
Ric wrote:
As it should be. I remember one if my baisongs picked it's way out of my safe, made its way into town a cut something. I didn't get in trouble because I had no control of the knife. It had a mind of its own. :rolleyes:

sal
I agree, that's blaming the object instead of the person.

However....

I've got to say, there have been times where a balisong has been in my hands, but whether I had control of it was debatable. Certain fingers of mine will definitely confirm it has a mind of its own, haha :D
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

sal wrote:
Ric wrote:

sal
In Austria they are legal to own an even to carry.
But i like my fingers more!
Mzen

Post by Mzen »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:46 pm
sal wrote:
Ric wrote:

sal
In Austria they are legal to own an even to carry.
But i like my fingers more!
I'm so jealous of you... I would absolutely love to carry a balisong as my edc. Anything more than a blunt trainer in Germany could lead to a massive fine or even jail time if you happen to simply have one at home.

They treat those things as if they were nuclear warheads :confused: I'll never understand it. Out of curiosity, did you ever come across any story or situation about someone causing trouble with balisongs over there?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 am
I have no way of knowing how many have been made/sold but it's been in the lineup for over 10 years. I know I've seen a lot of people comment they have a Sage 1. So I imagine it has been a pretty good seller. That said, I figured it's probably run it's course and figured it would be on the disco'd list this year (still could be). Seeing this new version of the S1 is a nice surprise (not uncommon for Spyderco). I too would've thought the Sage 5 LW would be the one to see the variation
Sage 1 was discontinued last year. See this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84925#p1362020
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jabba359 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:56 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 am
Sage 1 was discontinued last year. See this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84925#p1362020
Yeah I figured that out after I posted but thanks for pointing that out