DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:53 am
K-bar1999 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am
I would never buy from them DLT again period
Why not?? DLT is wonderful!! I've dealt with them over 10 times now, no complaints from this guy.
abiggs wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Same here, they are a first class dealer and have been for a long time.
prndltech wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm

I, as well as countless other members here have received nothing beyond spectacular customer service. Jordan has gone above and beyond to make sure I was happy, and as a result... I keep buying from DLT. This is the first time I’ve ever seen/heard anything short of that.

Can’t wait for my cruwear delica to arrive!

Same here. They are in my top 3 dealers along with St. Nicks and Cutlery Shoppe. I have placed 10 orders myself with DLT and never had an issue. About half of those were exclusives and I never had an issue getting any exclusive I tried for with them, including the Cru-ple PM2, although that one was a bit scary with the server issues! :eek:

The ONLY exclusive I have ever tried to get and couldn't was the Green DLC Cruwear Shaman from The Knife Joker, which was literally a joke. I guess you could count the REC PM2 since they didn't fulfill the order I actually placed, but they said we are all guaranteed the next batch, so they are on double secret probation for the time being. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mr. Pick

Post by Mr. Pick »

I have the gray Delica and Cruwear model from last year and I love it. Had no intention of buying this one but when the reminder email hit my inbox - resistance melted away. My shipping notice came shortly after lunch Tuesday, but USPS tracking still says it is in Wisconsin and acceptance is "pending." Sigh. You'd think at my age I'd have developed more patience by now!! ;-) Can't wait for it to arrive.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Grail Delicas achieved! Thank you DLT! Endura next PLEASE! That is my overall grail knife! :D

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Nice!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Nice looking Delica. Great exclusive, it would be even better if it was available in the EU.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

One of mine should be in my mailbox. Not sure about the other one since I never received tracking for it. I looked up the order on DLT's website and it said it was shipped. So hopefully it's there too
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm
One of mine should be in my mailbox. Not sure about the other one since I never received tracking for it. I looked up the order on DLT's website and it said it was shipped. So hopefully it's there too
Would they have shipped them both in the same box? I've never ordered 2 knives at the same time, but seems like a possibility as a reason to only receive one tracking number.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Would they have shipped them both in the same box? I've never ordered 2 knives at the same time, but seems like a possibility as a reason to only receive one tracking number.
That's possible but I don't think so because I ordered the first one and then went back and ordered a second on a separate order. I'll find out when I get home in a little while
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:19 pm
Grail Delicas achieved! Thank you DLT! Endura next PLEASE! That is my overall grail knife! :D

That’s so beautiful! Mine is still “acceptance pending” whatever that means. I hate waiting!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Just got mine today, and I'm loving it. It's one of my favorite color combos, and the edge on this thing was shaaaaaarp! If I had one wish, it's that the liners were coated as well, but that's a minor thing.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
That's possible but I don't think so because I ordered the first one and then went back and ordered a second on a separate order. I'll find out when I get home in a little while
Turns out both orders were packed in the same box. They're great!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Turns out both orders were packed in the same box. They're great!
DLT has been great any time I've dealt with them. I'm still not sure what kind of voodoo they're using to get this knife here a day early, but I'm not gonna complain.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

And then there were 5!
I'm really happy with this addition to the Delica family. If DLT does other Seki models like this I'll find them very hard to resist.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm
And then there were 4!
I'm really happy with this addition to the Delica family. If DLT does other Seki models like this I'll find them very hard to resist.
Why is everyone getting their knives before me?! I am trying to be patient but it’s not working!

Julia, what is the purple one on the top? I want!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Mine arrived today as well. Very nice...the color scheme is very Army. I will add that although the price of Spyderco produced Seki knives keep increasing unabated, the quality remains high. This is my third Spyderco Seki within the month and each has been flawless. The SS Endura and the Teal s30v Endura both came sharper than the Cruware Delica that arrived today. No worries however, easy to sharpen. If you don't have any Cruware this is a good place to start....and if you don't get this knife, I wouldn't sweat it.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Blackpearl wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 4!
Why is everyone getting their knives before me?! I am trying to be patient but it’s not working!

So I forgot one of my Delicas in my original post, so I edited to add it in the pic. Both are kinda purple...in the new pic, the top one is the SE vg10 delica blade swapped into factory purple scales from a regular vg10 delica. The next one (that you were probably asking about) is the original Cruwear delica exclusive with aftermarket "maroon" terotuf scales from Fireside.
- Julia

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Blackpearl wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 4!

So I forgot one of my Delicas in my original post, so I edited to add it in the pic. Both are kinda purple...in the new pic, the top one is the SE vg10 delica blade swapped into factory purple scales from a regular vg10 delica. The next one (that you were probably asking about) is the original Cruwear delica exclusive with aftermarket "maroon" terotuf scales from Fireside.
The scales from Fireside look nice! I'm thinking about buying a set for either my SuperGold or my satin Cruwear sprint. Not sure which
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That is a nice lineup of Delica's you have there Julia! I don't think I've ever seen you post them together before.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:39 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Blackpearl wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 4!

The scales from Fireside look nice! I'm thinking about buying a set for either my SuperGold or my satin Cruwear sprint. Not sure which
At first I was thinking I might get an OD green set for this one, but I really like the frn color. Think I'm gonna leave it as it came. But you know me: I highly recommend Fireside terotuf! Just remember they don't come with a backspacer, so unless you get a new one somewhere, I'd suggest getting scales that will look good with whatever frn backspacer you have. The gold SG backspacer would look really nice with greens or navy...
- Julia

Enactive

Post by Enactive »

JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!
Looks great! Very nice assortment. I slept on the Hap40 wharnie when it was $100. Oops. I just got my first Delica yesterday. K390. It's ground nice and thin.