DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by TkoK83Spy »

As I previously said I would do, I used this knife all week long at work and never cleaned it up. Looks like Flitz and mineral oil for the win again! You can see on the cleaned up picture with the show side, there appears to be a line on the blade. I'm not sure if I didn't buff it long enough (only did so for about 30 seconds), but atleast it's not an scratch that goes into, or beyond the coating. Though it's only been a week, TiCN seems to be holding up as well as DLC...thus far.

Resized_20200926_110056.jpeg
Resized_20200926_110032.jpeg
Resized_20200926_110114.jpeg
Resized_20200926_105953.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:43 am
They are starting to hit eBay now. It was probably a stressful two weeks for the flipper scumbags having to hold onto these knives until they sold out. Makes me happy to think about. :)
This x 2.
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:11 am
As I previously said I would do, I used this knife all week long at work and never cleaned it up.
Great before and after comparison shots.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:11 am
As I previously said I would do, I used this knife all week long at work and never cleaned it up. Looks like Flitz and mineral oil for the win again! You can see on the cleaned up picture with the show side, there appears to be a line on the blade. I'm not sure if I didn't buff it long enough (only did so for about 30 seconds), but atleast it's not an scratch that goes into, or beyond the coating. Though it's only been a week, TiCN seems to be holding up as well as DLC...thus far.
I've gotten "scratches" in both DLC and TiCN, but as people here suggested, the dlc scratches were actually trails of whatever I rubbed the blade against, and they buffed off with flitz. On my Pac Salt I haven't been able to buff out these scratches and they continue onto the edge, making me think they really are scratches through the coating. With that said, these were from scraping hard against rocks while cutting out buried roots in my garden, so they were well-earned and I have zero complaints about TiNC. Still, I don't think dlc would've scratched like that under the same circumstances.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Wezsh0T

Post by Wezsh0T »

This is my first Delica and I have to say it is a beautiful knife! I've had an Endura before and I have a Dragonfly. This seems like a great balance between the two.
Texaspoff

Post by Texaspoff »

I missed out on the initial release of this Delica, especially since I have been wanting to try Cruwear for a while. I was able to pick one up off Fleabay, for the same price DLT had them for so I am pleased. Should have it in my hand in the next few days.

TXPO
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Finally it's here :)

Picked it up today at the customs office. It's my first Delica and my first Cruwear, so I'm a bit excited to see how it is on the stones.
TJB

Post by TJB »

Love my Cruwear delica, 4th spyderco in Cruwear and hoping an endura will follow...