DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:51 pm
That is a nice lineup of Delica's you have there Julia! I don't think I've ever seen you post them together before.
Thanks! Gonna be adding that KW 204p and the pink/black s30v one, too. And just when I'd managed to trim it down to only 4! Oh well, so it goes with my collection. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Enactive wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm
And then there were 5!
I'm really happy with this addition to the Delica family. If DLT does other Seki models like this I'll find them very hard to resist.
Looks great! Very nice assortment. I slept on the Hap40 wharnie when it was $100. Oops. I just got my first Delica yesterday. K390. It's ground nice and thin.
Too many excellent Delicas coming out now! I think I'm gonna use this k390 run as an excuse to try an Endela, though.
Last edited by JuPaul on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Julia

prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!
You made a purple people eater!!!!

I’ve been toying with the idea of a SE delica and/or endura swapped into purple scales for quite some time.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Enactive wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!
I'm really happy with this addition to the Delica family. If DLT does other Seki models like this I'll find them very hard to resist.
Looks great! Very nice assortment. I slept on the Hap40 wharnie when it was $100. Oops. I just got my first Delica yesterday. K390. It's ground nice and thin.
Too many excellent Delicas coming out now! I think I'm gonna use this k390 run as an excuse to try an Endela, though.
Me too. Will be my first time with that model and steel. Excited for it! Frn and all :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

prndltech wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!

I’ve been toying with the idea of a SE delica and/or endura swapped into purple scales for quite some time.
Yes! Love that purple, and lately i'm really loving having a fully serrated blade with me outdoors in addition to a plain edge.

Edit: I was also thinking of doing the same swap with a SE wharnie Endura. Sure seems like a good idea! ;)
Last edited by JuPaul on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Enactive wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!
Me too. Will be my first time with that model and steel. Excited for it! Frn and all :p
Nice! Imo, the seki frn is the best. Maybe it's all in my head, but it feels softer and higher quality to me.
- Julia

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

Julia,
Your collection is to die for! I love the pink handle so much!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:03 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:39 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Blackpearl wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Why is everyone getting their knives before me?! I am trying to be patient but it’s not working!

Julia, what is the purple one on the top? I want!
So I forgot one of my Delicas in my original post, so I edited to add it in the pic. Both are kinda purple...in the new pic, the top one is the SE vg10 delica blade swapped into factory purple scales from a regular vg10 delica. The next one (that you were probably asking about) is the original Cruwear delica exclusive with aftermarket "maroon" terotuf scales from Fireside.
The scales from Fireside look nice! I'm thinking about buying a set for either my SuperGold or my satin Cruwear sprint. Not sure which
At first I was thinking I might get an OD green set for this one, but I really like the frn color. Think I'm gonna leave it as it came. But you know me: I highly recommend Fireside terotuf! Just remember they don't come with a backspacer, so unless you get a new one somewhere, I'd suggest getting scales that will look good with whatever frn backspacer you have. The gold SG backspacer would look really nice with greens or navy...
Actually, I forgot about they don't come with a back spacer. I've only ordered the TeroTuf for a Native 5 and Para 3. The SG Delica has a black back spacer. I was thinking of going with something to match the gold lock bar but not sure I'll do anything with it now
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm

So I forgot one of my Delicas in my original post, so I edited to add it in the pic. Both are kinda purple...in the new pic, the top one is the SE vg10 delica blade swapped into factory purple scales from a regular vg10 delica. The next one (that you were probably asking about) is the original Cruwear delica exclusive with aftermarket "maroon" terotuf scales from Fireside.
The scales from Fireside look nice! I'm thinking about buying a set for either my SuperGold or my satin Cruwear sprint. Not sure which
At first I was thinking I might get an OD green set for this one, but I really like the frn color. Think I'm gonna leave it as it came. But you know me: I highly recommend Fireside terotuf! Just remember they don't come with a backspacer, so unless you get a new one somewhere, I'd suggest getting scales that will look good with whatever frn backspacer you have. The gold SG backspacer would look really nice with greens or navy...
Actually, I forgot about they don't come with a back spacer. I've only ordered the TeroTuf for a Native 5 and Para 3. The SG Delica has a black back spacer. I was thinking of going with something to match the gold lock bar but not sure I'll do anything with it now
Oh right, forgot the lockbar is gold, not the backspacer. Anyhow the grey cruwear backspacer would probably blend with the grey terotuf if you wanted.
- Julia

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

Oh right, forgot the lockbar is gold, not the backspacer. Anyhow the grey cruwear backspacer would probably blend with the grey terotuf if you wanted.
Yeah that's a good suggestion except I was thinking about doing a different color because I have too many grey knives :) I'll have to think about it. We'll see. Thanks for the suggestions though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

K-bar1999 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am
I would never buy from them DLT again period
I have nothing but great things to say about DLT for the 5-6 times I have ordered from them! Top notch dealer!

(EDITED - No need to be derogatory about someone else's experience.)
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:34 pm
prndltech wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm
JuPaul wrote:
And then there were 5!

Yes! Love that purple, and lately i'm really loving having a fully serrated blade with me outdoors in addition to a plain edge.

Edit: I was also thinking of doing the same swap with a SE wharnie Endura. Sure seems like a good idea! ;)

Beautiful picture! Im wanting the Cru wear but holding back, I dont know why? I said after work if its still there i would buy, 2 beers later I'm still deciding. Delica is a great knife I know, ,,,,
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

Got mine today. Spyderco is knocking it out of the park lately with all these Delicas. Love this color combo and blade steel. Glad to see the Delica being offered in different variations. Seems like the Para 2/3 and Manix models were a big focus the last couple of years. I much prefer the Delica.

Keep'um coming.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Hobnob wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 pm
Got mine today. Spyderco is knocking it out of the park lately with all these Delicas. Love this color combo and blade steel. Glad to see the Delica being offered in different variations. Seems like the Para 2/3 and Manix models were a big focus the last couple of years. I much prefer the Delica.

Keep'um coming.

I agree and also love it as the Seki models are my favorite. I'd like to see the Endura and Dragonfly get the same treatments that the Delicas have been getting though.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

tonijedi wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 pm
Nice looking Delica. Great exclusive, it would be even better if it was available in the EU.
Keep dreaming (just like me).
I am not sure why any big EU stores like Lamnia or Knivesandtools never did any exclusive with Spyderco...
HH did the UKPK knife, and like that's it.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Pancake wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 am
tonijedi wrote:
Nice looking Delica. Great exclusive, it would be even better if it was available in the EU.
I am not sure why any big EU stores like Lamnia or Knivesandtools never did any exclusive with Spyderco...
This will be my first Delica. I'm really excited for this one. Right now the package is in Chicago, let's see how long it takes to cross the ocean :)

A big thank you to DLT, the ordering process has been easy and the costs are totally transparent, which is important for international buyers.

Regarding the lack of exclusives commissioned by European retailers, I guess the demand for these knives is much lower than in the US. The prices are high and "knives and tools" for example still has four of the Rex45 models in stock.
In most parts of the EU, locking knives are subject of legal restrictions, which surely affects people's choice of EDCing a knife.

So yes, it's available here in Europe, but it is more expensive as in the US, due to higher shipping costs and others.
Therefore I prefer Sprint Runs as they're easier to get over here :)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Pancake wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 am
tonijedi wrote:
You should petition them! Seriously, maybe all they need is a push from their customer base.
- Julia

mb1

Post by mb1 »

JuPaul wrote: Imo, the seki frn is the best. Maybe it's all in my head, but it feels softer and higher quality to me.

Nope, it’s not in your head. I love the stuff too. I’ve let my Native LW’s go because they feel more like FRCP, which I just don’t care for . Seki FRN rocks.

And congrats on this awesome addition to your growing Delica lineup! This is the most appealing color combo I’ve ever seen.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

mb1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:53 am
JuPaul wrote: Imo, the seki frn is the best. Maybe it's all in my head, but it feels softer and higher quality to me.

Nope, it’s not in your head. I love the stuff too. I’ve let my Native LW’s go because they feel more like FRCP, which I just don’t care for . Seki FRN rocks.

And congrats on this awesome addition to your growing Delica lineup! This is the most appealing color combo I’ve ever seen.
I totally agree. I sold my native lightweights for the same reason, and I think the Manix lw would be sooo much better if it had seki frn rather than frcp.
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 am
mb1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:53 am

I totally agree. I sold my native lightweights for the same reason, and I think the Manix lw would be sooo much better if it had seki frn rather than frcp.

I agree as well. The Seki FRN is awesome. My favorite as well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red