DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: DLT Exclusive Delica OD Green FRN and Coated Cruwear

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mine still says "acceptance pending" when I check the tracking info, and I placed my order just a couple minutes after it dropped. I was really hoping to have it by this weekend!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 am
Mine still says "acceptance pending" when I check the tracking info, and I placed my order just a couple minutes after it dropped. I was really hoping to have it by this weekend!
Same here. Not sure what that means but I’m bummed out!
Mr. Pick

Post by Mr. Pick »

Blackpearl wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I ordered mine right as it went on sale and my order status said "acceptance pending" until about 15 minutes ago when it changed to "out for delivery." So there is hope it may be on its way to you. I might be leaving work a little early this afternoon... ;-)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Blackpearl wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I'm pretty well versed in this as a semi-frequent eBay seller and online shopping addict. :D

It means that DLT has at a minimum printed the shipping label. I am assuming they do this in batches. So once the drop has ended or at a certain point in the day they will print all of the labels at once from their software.

DLT is usually very quick as well (I and many others got our knives yesterday) so I don't doubt they definitely dropped all of the knives at the post office, or more likely a mail truck comes by their warehouse daily to pick up the packages.

USPS is not in a great place right now and it is getting worse and worse. Sometimes they don't scan in the packages to their system. For example, if I am shipping some USPS packages for eBay and I drop them off on the loading dock behind the post office, they won't scan them into their system at my local office. They don't get scanned until their reach the first distribution center, which right now could be many days given the delays. And if they even get scanned then is a crapshoot these days. So now I take my packages into the building and wait in line and make them scan them in when I hand it to them so there is a record of them accepting my package.

So my guess is that your packages are in transit, and will get scanned in once they reach their final distribution center. Packages are getting delayed as well, so what may have only taken 2 days to get last year, may be 4 or 5 now. :mad: I was reading an article about mailed food spoiling, mailed baby chicks dying, etc because of all of the delays. :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:02 am
Blackpearl wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I'm pretty well versed in this as a semi-frequent eBay seller and online shopping addict. :D

It means that DLT has at a minimum printed the shipping label. I am assuming they do this in batches. So once the drop has ended or at a certain point in the day they will print all of the labels at once from their software.

DLT is usually very quick as well (I and many others got our knives yesterday) so I don't doubt they definitely dropped all of the knives at the post office, or more likely a mail truck comes by their warehouse daily to pick up the packages.

USPS is not in a great place right now and it is getting worse and worse. Sometimes they don't scan in the packages to their system. For example, if I am shipping some USPS packages for eBay and I drop them off on the loading dock behind the post office, they won't scan them into their system at my local office. They don't get scanned until their reach the first distribution center, which right now could be many days given the delays. And if they even get scanned then is a crapshoot these days. So now I take my packages into the building and wait in line and make them scan them in when I hand it to them so there is a record of them accepting my package.

So my guess is that your packages are in transit, and will get scanned in once they reach their final distribution center. Packages are getting delayed as well, so what may have only taken 2 days to get last year, may be 4 or 5 now. :mad: I was reading an article about mailed food spoiling, mailed baby chicks dying, etc because of all of the delays. :(

Thank you for taking the time to demystify the very confusing USPS update! If what you said is what happened they really need to change that status update! The wordings contradict themselves thus the confusion. I’m just mad because patience is NOT my Greatest virtue! Don’t they know it is my first Cruwear? Combine this with waiting forever for my Dragonfly k390 to ship I’m going nuts! I know such a first world problem I am having.

I going to have to comfort myself and buy a Para3 since I don’t have one. That will keep me distracted.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Tracking shows out for delivery! :)
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Welp, the uncertainty of a big brother sealed the deal and FOMO won the day...well that and the thin slicey nature of a Delica :)
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

I’m not a huge Delica fan but this one just spoke to me. Received mine yesterday and It was a perfect piece in all ways. Thanks to Spyderco and DLT for fast shipping.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

In a delica platform, what are the advantages of this over k390?

Is this the steel I want if I carelessly smack the edge into a copper staple ?
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Very tempting, but I've got the plain cruwear Delica, so I'll wait for the Enduras.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I can't believe they still have some available, considering how fast sprints and exclusives sell out these days. Got one on the way.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:02 am
Blackpearl wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

You are not kidding there. I've had like 4 orders come in through USPS over the past couple months and every single one went from "Expected Delivery Aug-XX or Sept-XX" to "Arriving Late" for like a week. It tracks the label creation to 4 days later arriving in my city's distribution hub... to sitting for 4-5 business days with the "Arriving Late" designation at the distribution hub. After that it finally arrives at my local post office and switches to "Expected Delivery" again with a same-day designation.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Interesting observations on USPS and maybe it depends on where you live, but here in north East TN and previously in east central AL, USPS has consistently arrived ahead of schedule by a day and sometimes two or three. I’d say at least 75% of the time they’re early. As a side note UPS is usually accurate with their estimate and FedEx is a day late probably half the time (they are my least used so not a huge sample size.)

ETA: I did have one USPS package go to Puerto Rico “on its way” to TN (from New York I believe.)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Burton Knut wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 pm
Interesting observations on USPS and maybe it depends on where you live, but here in north East TN and previously in east central AL, USPS has consistently arrived ahead of schedule by a day and sometimes two or three. I’d say at least 75% of the time they’re early. As a side note UPS is usually accurate with their estimate and FedEx is a day late probably half the time (they are my least used so not a huge sample size.)

ETA: I did have one USPS package go to Puerto Rico “on its way” to TN (from New York I believe.)

I agree that they were 99% reliable up until the past few months. I used to have great service shipping and receiving from them. Its only been recently things have took a turn for the worse.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

Just opened the front door and there were packages! So my knife came even tho the tracking was useless!

Anyhow, it’s a mean looking little thing! While I like it I admit it’s more hubby’s style so I let him have it. I might take his Dragonfly k390 when and if it gets here.

I want girly colors! Can’t wait for the pink ones!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Double post. Sorry.
Last edited by Fred Sanford on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Blackpearl wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:19 pm
Grail Delicas achieved! Thank you DLT! Endura next PLEASE! That is my overall grail knife! :D

That’s so beautiful! Mine is still “acceptance pending” whatever that means. I hate waiting!

Great pic. Excellent knife. ;)

Mine should arrive tomorrow.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Blackpearl wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:43 pm
Just opened the front door and there were packages! So my knife came even tho the tracking was useless!

Anyhow, it’s a mean looking little thing! While I like it I admit it’s more hubby’s style so I let him have it. I might take his Dragonfly k390 when and if it gets here.

I want girly colors! Can’t wait for the pink ones!
The Knifeworks 204p delica that's coming out is one of my favorite Spyderco colors ever - a really nice shade of "forest" green. But I'm excited for the pink ones, too. The regular purple vg10 ones are a great color, too.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

GarageBoy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 am
In a delica platform, what are the advantages of this over k390?

Is this the steel I want if I carelessly smack the edge into a copper staple ?
I'll let you know in a few weeks.
robis1923

Post by robis1923 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 pm
Burton Knut wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 pm

I agree that they were 99% reliable up until the past few months. I used to have great service shipping and receiving from them. Its only been recently things have took a turn for the worse.
Unfortunately, politics seem to be playing a role in USPS's issues.
This is the first time in 3 yrs that I've consistently had my packages delivered late by them. My Delicas made it to CO and somehow returned to WI today. I hope they'll backtrack here again next week.