enuff 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93

enuff 2!!!

Post by ladybug93 »

sal just dropped the bomb that they are working on an enuff 2 with a thinner stock and longer blade. as someone that's been watching this model and wanting one for a while, i'm excited about the prospect of a next gen model.

what would you all like to see in the next evolution of the enuff? i have my own ideas, but i'm curious about everyone else's thoughts.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JRinFL

Re: enuff 2!!!

Post by JRinFL »

Sal dropped that bombshell a few weeks back. I nicked named it the “More than Enuf”. Sure seems like it’ll be a winner.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Thinner stock sounds great and more length is fine but I’d like to see the tail hook come off the handle and the overall length staying under 7” with a max of 7.5”. Just thinner stock and full flat wharnie would have me ordering at least one each in PE and SE.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Absolutely pumped. Really like the full tang handle with the frn, paired with that simple blade. Just great. Hopefully it'll be available in more steels since it's getting revised.

And the "more than enuff" is the correct name lol.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

For me an Enuff 2 / Morethanenuff should just have 0.5" more blade length (so it would offer full 3" of cutting edge) and 3mm stock instead of the current thicker 4mm. Then it would be perfect and I´d certainly get one.

I need such a very compact full tang fixed blade especially for (multi-day) winter skitouring: For light batoning /making kindling in primitive mountain shelters with a basic stove, for minor food prep and having kind of an emergency prybar (in emergency situations where I would not care if the knife got damaged)

The current Enuff is a bit too shortbladed for that, and so a White River Backpacker fills that role for me. But I´d really prefer a longer Enuff over it (and in such a knife VG10 over the S30V (newer models S35VN) of the White River)
Last edited by Wartstein on Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Straight handle, no hook.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:46 pm
For me an Enuff 2 / Morethanenuff should just have 0.5" more blade length (so it would offer full 3" of cutting edge) and 3mm stock instead of the current thicker 4mm. Then it would be perfect and I´d certainly get one.
I'm pretty sure 3mm-thick and 4" long is what Sal's working on. This came from the Affordable Fixed Blade thread, and many were looking for a more affordable alternative to the Proficient.
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:50 pm
I'm also pretty sure we're not getting new FRN molds for this one, so it will probably include the hook. I do like the idea of another knife without it though, the more neutral handle shape could be bette suited to repetitive tasks around the campfire.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Wartstein wrote:
I'm pretty sure 3mm-thick and 4" long is what Sal's working on. This came from the Affordable Fixed Blade thread, and many were looking for a more affordable alternative to the Proficient.
Doc Dan wrote:

Thanks! :)

Four inches of blade actually is a bit long for the special niche I´d need that knife for (there I´d prefer 3.5)
But for general use a 4" alternative to the current shorter Enuff makes perfect sense and will make for a great utility / outdoors fixed blade!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I can certainly see the appeal of a 4" x 3mm knife with the Enuff design philosophy, and would probably get one, but it would be a different knife/use case entirely. So if that's the case, I hope the old Enuff will co-exist with the new one.
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

Yes. That's all
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

I was thinking about the size...

I think size the current one is roughly delica sized, should the “more than enuff” not be endura sized then? That seems like a good middleground, being not quite a full sized fixed blade like the waterway or something (meaning it stays in line with the original idea of the enuff) but still being larger.

Basically I’m saying we should make the enuff 2 not the rock 0.75...
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A 4-4.5 inch blade with 3.5 mm stock sounds good. Cruwear would be nice. Super ergonomic pinned and epoxied micarta scales sounds great. Throw a low ride leather sheath into the mix and I am in!

Oh wait! That is the Crucarta Proficient. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
I'm also pretty sure we're not getting new FRN molds for this one, so it will probably include the hook. I do like the idea of another knife without it though, the more neutral handle shape could be bette suited to repetitive tasks around the campfire.
Don't bet the farm on it. Sal always manages to surprise us.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
navin johnson

Post by navin johnson »

.5-1.0 more blade

Warncliffe Option
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Wharnie!! Wharnie!! Wharnie!! Oh, sorry, I was trying to start the stadium chant and realized only the dogs can hear me, and they are telling me to keep the noise down ;) Anyway 7.5” max and full flat wharnie! Please and thank you!

PS: I’ll take two for myself and a few to gift.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd be ok with the hook if the handle was just a wee bit longer, if I had bought the current version I'd have to round off the hook to have enough grip space. The hook on my Caribbean is actually quite functional for me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Consider me interested as long as it stays below 4 inches and is a clip point blade with a thrusting tip. 3.5 to 3.75 would hit the mark. The current clip point has too much belly and is no good for thrusting.

I'd prefer we stick with the grip and Boltaron sheath. The handle on the current model is awesome! The Boltaron sheath allows multiple mounting positions, and will not decay.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

I'd prefer if the enuff remain in the spirit as it I believe it was designed...a small utility fixed blade. So I'm not interested in "thrusting action", or a super slicer. I think that the blade thickness should remain the same...I'd just like to see the blade an inch longer. It would be nice if Spyderco offered one utility fixed blade in the line-up. That's just my humble opinion.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Very interested in this! Hopefully they do bump the blade length a little from the original and offer it in an upgraded steel.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

3.75" to 4" blade length. This would be an overall length of 7.75" to 8". Longer than a mule, shorter than a JumpMaster, about Caribbean blade size (with a slightly shorter handle). This is a decent size for a general purpose fixed blade. Don't see where a small extension is really any different than the current Enuff, and anything longer would be an Enuff 3 (say 4.5" blade) which would be cool too.

Think the Enuff and the Enuff 2 complement each other filling different use needs and can co-exist; and be offered leaf, clip point, sheepsfoot, sheepsfoot salt.

When I look at the Bravo; it comes: 1, 1.25, 1.5, 2, 3, pig, alpha, EDC, micro, recon, vortex, sentry, squad, necker 1 & 2, and comes in a multitude of steel choices. (Then throw in Gunny which is a whole lot more of the same)!!! I think Spyderco could find a fixed blade knife design they could exploit the same!

My .02,

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!