enuff 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: enuff 2!!!

Post by twinboysdad »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:05 am
a single mm is a huge difference when we're talking about cutting geometry. it's also a big difference for kidney stones, so i hear.
OG Enuff was heavy too. The OG sheath was a retention struggle and I felt the weight of the blade contributed. I found my Leaf Enuff on the ground a few times
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

VG-10 PlainEdge & SpyderEdge are available on Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... de-2-/2309
•• Beau
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Oof I can’t wait to try one out, but I’m gonna wait for K390. What a cool design!
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
olywa

Post by olywa »

Nat Knives has 'em in now too. I wanted K390 as well, but my projected use case for this calls for stainless, so I'm prolly going with the VG-10 SE. I'm getting a pretty strong affection for SE VG-10 these days.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

olywa wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:56 pm
Nat Knives has 'em in now too. I wanted K390 as well, but my projected use case for this calls for stainless, so I'm prolly going with the VG-10 SE. I'm getting a pretty strong affection for SE VG-10 these days.

VG10 is really good in SE, right?

I don't get tired to suggest to people who don't like VG10 in PE for whatever reason to give it a try in SE (for the record: I am perfectly fine with PE VG10 too, but also prefer for example REX45 in "teeth-less" blades).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
olywa

Post by olywa »

Yeah, VG-10 SE has been a bit of an eye-opener for me. Like you, I have the Stretch XL SE and love it. I also picked up a Leaf Jumper SE that I'm using the heck out of. I'm happy that Spyderco is making SE versions of their newer models on initial release. I used to wait for more interesting steels to be available before trying new models. Not so much any more.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I know it is a ways off in the dim future, but I'm going to dub the Enuff 3 as the "Enuff Already". Submit your design requests now! :rofl :smirk
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i really expected this to be in lc200n. if it ever is released in lc200n or magnacut, i will get one, but i'm not sure i need a fixed blade in vg10 or k390.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

K390 Enuff2... Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -K390/2389

Edit: Gone for now
Last edited by Buddafucco on Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
olywa

Post by olywa »

VG-10 works for me, but I gotta be honest, my use case for this knife involves a fair amount of exposure to wet and salty conditions. So K390 isn't my best choice. Maybe I'll go for VG-10 SE for now and hope for a Magnacut SE in the future. In either case I wish the handle were just a scosche longer. I have the Enuff Salt and it works okay, but another half inch of grip would be sweet.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Got mine today. My first impression is: compact powerhouse! The blade:handle ratio is quite satisfying, the balance is good, the geometry seems very useful for a small fixed blade, the sheath of course is excellent. This is a winner in my book. If you’re looking for a fixed blade to wear inside the waistband, consider this option. Here’s a pic of my carry today:

Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:17 am
I know it is a ways off in the dim future, but I'm going to dub the Enuff 3 as the "Enuff Already". Submit your design requests now! :rofl :smirk
I’d buy it just for the name! :winking-tongue
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

MFlovejp wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:16 pm
Got mine today. My first impression is: compact powerhouse! The blade:handle ratio is quite satisfying, the balance is good, the geometry seems very useful for a small fixed blade, the sheath of course is excellent. This is a winner in my book. If you’re looking for a fixed blade to wear inside the waistband, consider this option. Here’s a pic of my carry today:

Nice!!! Any chance of a comparison shot with a larger folder, like the Stretch, Shaman, or PM2?

I’m a little worried that the handle will be too small for me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:38 pm

Nice!!! Any chance of a comparison shot with a larger folder, like the Stretch, Shaman, or PM2?

Here ya go. Manix XL, Stretch XL, Military all kinda dwarf this thing handle-wise. Blade-wise however, I feel the cutting edge is pretty comparable. The handle is a little small but works for me, though not exactly roomy. I wear Lg- XL in latex gloves.
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

I believe it actually has a longer cutting edge than any of these big folders- hence the compact firepower. Like a Glock 26.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

MFlovejp wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:15 am
kennethsime wrote:

Here ya go. Manix XL, Stretch XL, Military all kinda dwarf this thing handle-wise. Blade-wise however, I feel the cutting edge is pretty comparable. The handle is a little small but works for me, though not exactly roomy. I wear Lg- XL in latex gloves.
Ok, first off, that is a fantastic assortment of knives. You have excellent taste, sir.

Second, thanks! That was super useful. My Mule Teams are a little tight, as is the Manix, and I think looking at this image that this handle will be a bit tight as well. Maybe I experiment with removing the pinky nub. 🤔

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

kennethsime wrote:
MFlovejp wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:16 pm

Probably you saw the "K390 lineup" pic in the new "Byte" anyway, but can´t hurt to share it here too. Includes the Enuff 2.
(screenshot made and posted by ZrwosN1s here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94418#p1699148

/ As for the handle: I had the original Enuff (same handle as the "2", probably just a tad thinner due to the thinner blade stock), and its handle was truly amazing concerning the ergos. And not to small for my L to XL hands (for reference: A Manix LW fits like a glove, but just so. If it was any smaller it would be too small for my hand. Perhaps that helps to determine if the Enuff handle is for you).

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:42 am
Probably you saw the "K390 lineup" pic in the new "Byte" anyway, but can´t hurt to share it here too. Includes the Enuff 2.
(screenshot made and posted by ZrwosN1s here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94418#p1699148

/ As for the handle: I had the original Enuff (same handle as the "2", probably just a tad thinner due to the thinner blade stock), and its handle was truly amazing concerning the ergos. And not to small for my L to XL hands (for reference: A Manix LW fits like a glove, but just so. If it was any smaller it would be too small for my hand. Perhaps that helps to determine if the Enuff handle is for you).
Thank you Gernot, I just came from there! I think I will end up buying one, but I bet that the pinky nub will be fairly constraining. In truth, a lot of my favorite Spydercos are a little small for me, which is why (I think) we used to get into the choil debate so often: the choil is mandatory for me on most models that offer them. Also why I prefer the Shaman handle to the PM2!

MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:41 am
MFlovejp wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:15 am
kennethsime wrote:

Ok, first off, that is a fantastic assortment of knives. You have excellent taste, sir.

Second, thanks! That was super useful. My Mule Teams are a little tight, as is the Manix, and I think looking at this image that this handle will be a bit tight as well. Maybe I experiment with removing the pinky nub. 🤔

Thanks so much! Spyderco has been really hard on me lately- seems like every month they release a model so freaking awesome that I can’t help myself haha. I do like big work knives, the trouble is finding enough work for my growing collection.

Happy to share the pic. It is for sure not a big handle- carries very nice though for the amount of blade that you get. I look forward to putting it through its paces- I’ll report back after some use.