enuff 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Re: enuff 2!!!

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Great comparison pix. The handle is smaller than I expected.
Great looking blade, but I'll stick to the Waterway for now.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Coastal wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:53 pm
All-up weight knife only: 92g (3.25 oz)
Blade only: 66g (2.33 0z)
Scales & screws: 26g (0.92 oz)
Boltaron sheath: 76g (2.68 oz)
Mule Team leather sheath: 71g (2.50 oz)

Total package (Boltaron): 168g (5.93 oz)

Thank you for the precise measurements.
ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:14 pm
i can't imagine the scales are heavy. how much weight will you save using wood instead of frn?

Why, Bug, you know I am a gram counter! What a horrid thing to ask! I will save at LEAST fractions of a gram!

Kidding aside, it looks like the sheath is where the weight savings can be made.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Bolster wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:30 pm
Kidding aside, it looks like the sheath is where the weight savings can be made.
Please post what you learn about a custom kydex sheath for the Enuff 2, if you decide to go that route. I like the leather Mule Team sheath for this knife, but mainly because it rides a little lower. Also, the Spyderco Boltaron sheaths seem louder when bumped, tapped, etc., to me than a simple taco Kydex sheath. Maybe I'm wrong...
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

spyderco fixed blades make me want to learn how to make kydex sheaths.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Unluckycharm

Post by Unluckycharm »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:03 pm
spyderco fixed blades make me want to learn how to make kydex sheaths.
Check out the mule forum, pretty good tutorial on making a kydex sheath.

Might take a little practice, he makes it look easy.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89755
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

shunsui wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:58 pm
Great comparison pix. The handle is smaller than I expected.
Great looking blade, but I'll stick to the Waterway for now.
I will say that I’d love a tool steel Siren like K390 or Rex45!
I’d love a number of different stainless steels too actually. MagnaCut, S110V, S90V, Spy27, and even a BD1N and FRN version.
All of those would be so neat to me.
Sorry, your comment, and something in another thread, just reminded me of it all. I really love Spyderco’s fixed blades and I think it’s really awesome they can offer them in steels like K390.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Coastal wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:30 am
Please post what you learn about a custom kydex sheath for the Enuff 2, if you decide to go that route. I like the leather Mule Team sheath for this knife, but mainly because it rides a little lower. Also, the Spyderco Boltaron sheaths seem louder when bumped, tapped, etc., to me than a simple taco Kydex sheath. Maybe I'm wrong...

I learned to Kydex from Xplorer's post that Unlucky references. Pretty much all the info you need is there. It works well, and it actually is easy, but there is also a bit of a learning curve, too. I would guess that a minimalist (meaning: thin gauge, simple paracord belt attachment) Kydex sheath for the Enuff 2 would weigh right around 1 ounce, as that's what my Mule sheaths weigh.

Unluckycharm wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89755
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Excellent tutorial, thanks for posting! I'm a DIY kinda guy, but I only have about a quarter of the equipment I'd need. I'll probably look for a custom maker, and use the leather sheath til then. If I score a nice sheath, I'll post it.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:15 pm
I’d love a number of different stainless steels too actually. MagnaCut, S110V, S90V, Spy27, and even a BD1N and FRN version.
Technically, S90V and S110V are tool steels (stainless tool steels) so you have an option right now in the Siren Sprint.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:30 pm
Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Technically, S90V and S110V are tool steels (stainless tool steels) so you have an option right now in the Siren Sprint.
You’re totally right and I also meant to say the Waterway. I don’t know what what was up when I wrote that :grin-sweat
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

I need a little help with info, if I could please?

As soon as I saw the Enuff 2, it was an insta-want to buy for me! :bug-red-white
Though I swore to myself, that I would hold-off getting one, until the K390 was available. I was successful in waiting, and did finally get one in K390, early this week. (I have dyed the handle scales already:)

My question is, and this came up when talking about this knife with another knife junkie friend of mine today. He hadn't been paying close attention to Spyderco fixed blades lately, and didn't know about this one coming out, but he does have an early Enuff. So he asked me: "Is the Enuff 2 you bought a clip-point, or leaf shape spear point?" DING! I had forgotten all about the OG Enuff having the two options, which is not surprising, since I didn't pay much of any attention to it, because it is way too small for me. And now thinking back to all of the recent (Jan. 2023) Show Show videos I watched, of Eric talking about the upcoming knives. I don't recall him mentioning a to-come later clip-point version. Maybe it goes without saying? Since the Enuff did have the two options.

Does anyone here remember, which blade shape on the Enuff came first?, and, how long it was between seeing the first version, and the second version? :thinking
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Steve,

As I remember, they were released t the same time. They were all designed at the same time. The Sheepfoot was about the same time as well. We had a lot of problems getting the sheath right so there may have been some delays.

The new version was actually my response to threads here talking about the Enuff.

sal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Continual improvement is our evolutionary obligation to humankind".
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I do find it curious that the sheath is primed to accept different blade shapes in the same way as the originals.
I would guess it’s to be ready for future variations of the Enuff 2 like a Clip Points or Sheepsfoots?

I hadn’t thought of it until now, but they could probably do something with Mule Team sheaths so that there is a boltaron option which fits any blade shape.

Edit: Sal seems to have gotten here a second ahead of me!
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

sal wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:59 pm
Hi Steve,

As I remember, they were released t the same time. They were all designed at the same time. The Sheepfoot was about the same time as well. We had a lot of problems getting the sheath right so there may have been some delays.

The new version was actually my response to threads here talking about the Enuff.

sal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We so graciously thank you for all you do. I love the new Enuff 2 k390!
MRj “Weak things break!”
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

sal wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:59 pm
Hi Steve,

sal

Thank you, Sal.

I am really in love with my new Enuff 2. A perfect size for me and my daily uses.

So the million dollar question has to be, and keep in mind that your answer just might get recorded in the Sal's Casual Bombshell Thread
:smiling-halo
Should we expect to see more blade shape options on this Enuff 2, in the near-ish future?
I would purchase a second Enuff 2 today, in a clip-point version. Should it become available. You know, for 'rotation purposes'. :savouring
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Steve,

As usual, we will watch the reaction of those using the model and listen to where the model should go.

sal
dlum1

Post by dlum1 »

The clip point was always my favorite version of the enuff. I wouldn't be able to say no to a clip-point enuff 2 in k390.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

I had been interested in this knife but had decided not to buy it. However I managed to get a very good deal on an Enuff 2 K390. The shop made a pricing error, so I ordered it expecting them to cancel. Instead they shipped it right away and I just received it two days later. Thank you if you see this.

I really like the swell in the FRN scales, for some reason I thought they were flat-sided. The texturing is great with bare hands, I'm sure it will be good with gloves too. I still think the mule scales will still work better for me but I haven't used the Enuff (at all) yet to say. The molded sheath has great retention even without the leather strap. I might remove it and replace it with a second plastic standoff between the sheath and G-clip.

Next to some other Spyderco fixed blades

Next to some more K390, of which I am a major fan. Yes I have dogs.

I'm looking forward to trying this out. I use the Junction for small game and the Mule for general house and garage tasks, I guess I will just sub this in for the mule and see how it compares.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

I saw some of those pricing errors too, early on. Where Dealers were making K390 listings early, ahead of its release, but after they had already listed and sold some of the VG-10 model. The person doing the data entry, must have just assumed that the price was going to be the same. ;)

Once the K390 Enuff 2 did start getting delivered to Dealers though, by the time I went back to those early listings, they were sold out. I paid the $224.

I love the Gayle Bradley Junction as well! It was the last Spyderco fixed blade knife I had bought (not including Mules), before this latest Enuff 2. My fixed blade EDC rotation is now primarily Mule, Junction, and Enuff. :cheap-sunglasses