enuff 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aicolainen

Re: enuff 2!!!

Post by aicolainen »

Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:30 pm
8< ----
I wanted to fit a full sized blade onto just enough handle rather than a full sized handle on just enough blade (I know this kinda simplifies the Enuff design too much because the handle is also intentionally just enough and not super roomy for most).

8< ----
Sorry, I end up talking about designing a lot now. When I appreciate a design like Enuff 2 I get a lot of inspiration.
I'm quite pleased to see that the "just enuff" handle concept seem to have a somewhat broader appeal.
On that note, I just received a Subway Bowie, and while I didn't ever consider it a possible scenario, this one may actually have not enuff handle - even for me. I like the ratios, but everything was just a tad smaller than I expected. I'll give it some time, maybe it "grows" on me.

Ohh, and don't be sorry. It's much more interesting to read about other peoples ideas and concepts when you get a piece of backstory and context.
anycal

Post by anycal »

I just noticed, as I received the email notification of it shipping. I pre-ordered this knife back in January for $168. Checking on it today, it goes for $224. That's quite a jump. And, I would probably think twice about ordering it at the new price.

Anyways, looking forward to it. Going camping next weekend, so perfect timing.
Peter
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 am
The second thing is, that this bolt pattern does not work well for me, for two reasons.
Insightful observations...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 am
SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:29 am
aicolainen wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 am

You are quite welcome Wartstein, and even though you are 7773 km (4830 miles) away. I can feel the Spyderco Enuff 2 love all of the way from here! :smiling-cheeks :bug-red-white

(Fun Fact) - Your temperature there right now, is exactly the same as mine! :cheap-sunglasses

Hey Steve,

yeah, I think I will not be able to resist the appeal of that "2" in the long run - since I loved the "1" already overall, and the things I did NOT love on that one (thick, short blade) have completely changed with the "2"

/ Wow, pretty exact data on the distance... ;)
I am actually not entirely sure which states belong to the "Midwest" (your username strongly suggests you live there ;) ) - the Dakotas? Missouri? Wisconsin (where I´ve actually been on a students exchange in the 80 ies for like three weeks :smiling-cheeks (Milwaukee)) ??
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

Hmmm… I’m on the fence. I really like the look of this Enuff 2 and am leaning toward the SE VG-10 just to keep in my backpack for destroying cardboard and chores like that.
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:11 am
SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 am
SteveMidwest wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:29 am

You are quite welcome Wartstein, and even though you are 7773 km (4830 miles) away. I can feel the Spyderco Enuff 2 love all of the way from here! :smiling-cheeks :bug-red-white

(Fun Fact) - Your temperature there right now, is exactly the same as mine! :cheap-sunglasses

Hey Steve,

yeah, I think I will not be able to resist the appeal of that "2" in the long run - since I loved the "1" already overall, and the things I did NOT love on that one (thick, short blade) have completely changed with the "2"

/ Wow, pretty exact data on the distance... ;)
I am actually not entirely sure which states belong to the "Midwest" (your username strongly suggests you live there ;) ) - the Dakotas? Missouri? Wisconsin (where I´ve actually been on a students exchange in the 80 ies for like three weeks :smiling-cheeks (Milwaukee)) ??

Yes, very specific . . . :smiling-cheeks

From Salzburg Austria to Milwaukee Wisconsin, is 7,295 km or 4533 miles
From Kansas City Missouri, it's 7,999 km or 4970 miles.
From Sioux Falls South Dakota, it's 7,754 km or 4818 miles.

From West Central Iowa, it's 7,773 km or 4830 miles away. :cheap-sunglasses
Ferruginous

Post by Ferruginous »

Just got a VG10 Enuff 2 last week, after using it in the kitchen and wearing it inside my waistband using an IWB loop I really like it. It's extremely light, even in slightly oversized sheath. In the hand it doesn't feel like I'm holding a knife in my hand, it's so light. The handle works well in a Fillipino grip for utility, and it's perfect in a tip-down-edge-out hammer grip for other stuff.

If the SWICK is the J-frame of fixed blade knives, the Enuff 2 could be the Glock 19. It carries weightlessly and flat, with a handle just big enough for a full grip, and honestly enough blade for anything I wouldn't rather use an axe for.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

K390 Enuff2 SpyderEdge:
American Edge... https://www.americanedgeknives.com/spyd ... 1sbl2k390/
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

K390 Enuff2 SpyderEdge:
Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -K390/2389
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
pleadnotguilty

Post by pleadnotguilty »

Nice pair! Pantina is coming along well
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:58 pm
👏👏👏
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Not like the much loved prybar that is my OG Enuff Salt, my newly-arrived Enuff2 K390 PE is quite the “More Than Enuff” slicer.

I can’t imagine what niche the earlier-mentioned “Enuff Already” might fill, unless it harkened to what I thought might be a good knife for military-carry (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95773#p1753135). That knife would combine the two Enuffs I now have.

But until this military-worthy Enuff3 (hey, 3=1+2) materializes, I’m now thinking (props to Tom Aiello) that my reluctant fixie-foray must now include a Jumpmaster2 (especially with its inspiration being the 82nd).
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:29 pm
Not like the much loved prybar that is my OG Enuff Salt, my newly-arrived Enuff2 K390 PE is quite the “More Than Enuff” slicer.

While the handle scales of Enuff 1 and Enuff 2 seem to be of the exact same thickness, the metal inside the handle should be one mm thicker on the 1 (due to the 4mm vs 3mm blade stock) - and so of course thus the entire handle of the "1" should be one mm thicker

Can you feel that difference in handle thickness? Does it make a difference in comfort and/ ergos?
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:29 pm

While the handle scales of Enuff 1 and Enuff 2 seem to be of the exact same thickness, the metal inside the handle should be one mm thicker on the 1 (due to the 4mm vs 3mm blade stock) - and so of course thus the entire handle of the "1" should be one mm thicker

Can you feel that difference in handle thickness? Does it make a difference in comfort and/ ergos?
The scales on each are exactly the same thickness but, as you note, they are screwed onto different thicknesses of steel.

The Enuff Salt felt all of 4mm thick in my hand when I first got it. But compared to my new Enuff2, it feels even thicker than its extra millimeter would suggest. Conversely, the Enuff2’s lost millimeter makes it feel much thinner than the Enuff Salt.

With the Enuff2 “43% longer and 25% thinner” than the OG (so says Spydiewiki), I suspect their dramatically different blade-profiles are playing games with my tactile perceptions.

Regarding comfort/ergos, it’s too early for me to say. I will say neither one puts me off, but, because I see this series as offering just enough knife to get a small job done quickly, I imagine lengthy or hard use, and especially both, will produce hotspots.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

The Enuff is my most comfortable Spydie in hand. My Enuff 2 is a Spydie that feels good, like many others do, but doesn't stand out. I haven't used either one hard enough to comment on hotspots.

I'm considering a scale swap, but haven't checked whether they're screwed and glued, or just screwed.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

I can’t believe I don’t have any enuffs yet… I’m thinking Santa might just have to pick one or two up along his route this year…I’ve handled both but each time my budget has been blown…always wanted the Salt version so I might have someone call the North Pole for that one…I can drive my own reindeer to a local shop for the k390 🤔 🎅 😉
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:06 am
I can’t believe I don’t have any enuffs yet… I’m thinking Santa might just have to pick one or two up along his route this year…I’ve handled both but each time my budget has been blown…always wanted the Salt version so I might have someone call the North Pole for that one…I can drive my own reindeer to a local shop for the k390 🤔 🎅 😉
SE $168 when signed in
https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... blade-frn/
MRj “Weak things break!”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I try to be more rational with fixed blades than I am with folders - so if I have a fixed blade that fills a certain niche already, I usually don't get another similar one.

And my Waterway pretty much does for me what an Enuff 2 would.

Still: I have a feeling I won't be able to resist the call of the Enuff 2 forever... :smirk (my "struggle" would be: VG10 SE or K390 PE... and don't you say "get both"... :grin-sweat )