Needed More Space, Got A Spyderpak

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Needed More Space, Got A Spyderpak

Post by Pokey »

The shelves in my safe were getting cluttered with knives. I thought by hanging a Spyderpak using 3M Command Utility Hooks I could use the empty space on the inside of the door.

The inside of the door is roughly 20” (51 cm) wide, so it was only a matter of figuring out which Spyderpak would fit. The height of the door allowed for plenty of room. The large Spyderpak (SP1) was too wide for the door, so I got the small Spyderpak. (SP2)

Because the inside if my safe door is sheet metal, the 3M Utility Hooks will stick just fine. (They’re damage free and removable.) I have roughly an inch (2.54 cm) between the door and the shelves, when the door is closed, and the door still closes with the Spyderpak stuffed to the gills!

Now with all of the freed up space on the shelves, I need more knives! Golden, here I come. :D
Attachments
20449432-FDEB-4C4F-8D19-32B2692F503C.jpeg
bearfacedkiller

Re: Needed More Space, Got A Spyderpak

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The Spyderpaks are a slippery slope. More storage equals more knives. Eventually you will have multiple large packs filled up. Don’t ask me how I know. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
carrot

Post by carrot »

after resisting the urge for so long, I finally just ordered a second Spyderpac. It’s a big relief to be able to organize them in a way I can lay them all out and see them.

I think I may need a few more...
jdw

Post by jdw »

I enjoy mine quite a bit for storage and travel but they are a tremendous excuse to fill those empty slots and then buy another. Then you have empty slots to fill again....
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Another option for knives with clips.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F42XKXW

Takuan

Post by Takuan »

I have a SpyderPac hanging in my closet next to my clothes. It makes it easy in the morning to pick out which knives I’ll be carrying that day. A man’s gotta accessorize! :)
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I got one as a side cart item thinking I might use it someday and haven't put a single knife into it. I guess I just like my boxes. I keep all mine in a big ceder chest and rotate them out from their boxes (if/when I even rotate).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Takuan wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 am
I have a SpyderPac hanging in my closet next to my clothes. It makes it easy in the morning to pick out which knives I’ll be carrying that day. A man’s gotta accessorize! :)
I've even run the hook part of a wire clothes hanger through the middle "D" loop at the top of the Sypderpak and hung it in the closet. A trouser hanger, (the kind with the two clamps on it,) will work on the outer D loops if the hanger is sized right, too. Then they can be hung in a closet with other clothes in a less conspicuous manner.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Pokey wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:27 pm
The shelves in my safe were getting cluttered with knives. I thought by hanging a Spyderpak using 3M Command Utility Hooks I could use the empty space on the inside of the door.

The inside of the door is roughly 20” (51 cm) wide, so it was only a matter of figuring out which Spyderpak would fit. The height of the door allowed for plenty of room. The large Spyderpak (SP1) was too wide for the door, so I got the small Spyderpak. (SP2)

Because the inside if my safe door is sheet metal, the 3M Utility Hooks will stick just fine. (They’re damage free and removable.) I have roughly an inch (2.54 cm) between the door and the shelves, when the door is closed, and the door still closes with the Spyderpak stuffed to the gills!

Now with all of the freed up space on the shelves, I need more knives! Golden, here I come. :D
Looks great bro, nice idea, just ordered the same SP2 one.

How much door room do you need to hand it vertically?
JMM

Post by JMM »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:52 am
The Spyderpaks are a slippery slope. More storage equals more knives. Eventually you will have multiple large packs filled up. Don’t ask me how I know. ;)

[+1]

Yeah... I have the exact same problem, it's a *VERY* slippery slope, I'm on #7. Ahem.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Pokey wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:32 pm
Takuan wrote:
I've even run the hook part of a wire clothes hanger through the middle "D" loop at the top of the Sypderpak and hung it in the closet. A trouser hanger, (the kind with the two clamps on it,) will work on the outer D loops if the hanger is sized right, too. Then they can be hung in a closet with other clothes in a less conspicuous manner.
Yep, I've got a small and a large. One hangs next to my clothes and the other on the inside of my closet door. I like being able to see them all. My husband teases me that most women who stand there staring into their closets are contemplating what to wear, but I'm deciding what knife to carry! ;) :D
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Pokey wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:32 pm
Takuan wrote:
Yep, I've got a small and a large. One hangs next to my clothes and the other on the inside of my closet door. I like being able to see them all. My husband teases me that most women who stand there staring into their closets are contemplating what to wear, but I'm deciding what knife to carry! ;) :D
Hope your husband knows how lucky he is.
Or unlucky if he gets on your bad side lol.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

JMM wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:09 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:

[+1]

Yeah... I have the exact same problem, it's a *VERY* slippery slope, I'm on #7. Ahem.
Slot 7 in a spyderpac or 7th spyderpac?
JMM

Post by JMM »

Salty Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 pm
JMM wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

[+1]

7 SpyderPacs, 4x30 & 3x18

Although in my defense, two of the 18's are 'other' brands.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think I need to invest in one of these and hang it in my closet door.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

JMM wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:36 pm
Salty Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 pm
JMM wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

[+1]

7 SpyderPacs, 4x30 & 3x18

Although in my defense, two of the 18's are 'other' brands.

Lol, good lord! nice work.
My lady is sitting next to me, she was thinking im crazy buying one small one, 'who needs all those knives?' she says.
I just told her some lads have 7 of those packs, attempting to use you to make me look a bit more normal lol.
I think it sorta worked lol, thanks.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Salty Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 pm

Salty Dog,

I'm not sure what you mean by "how much room to hand it vertically." Let me know, and I'll get back to you.

Plus, I found that two of the 3M Utility Hooks didn't hold the full SpyderPak up, so I stuck three on the door to do the job. So far, so good.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Pokey wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am
Salty Dog wrote:

Salty Dog,

I'm not sure what you mean by "how much room to hand it vertically." Let me know, and I'll get back to you.

Plus, I found that two of the 3M Utility Hooks didn't hold the full SpyderPak up, so I stuck three on the door to do the job. So far, so good.
Hi pokey, to save you measuring it, I'll google the dimensions, I should have done that in the first place.
Thanks mate and hope your weekends a good one.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Salty Dog wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm
Pokey wrote:
Salty Dog wrote:

Salty Dog,

Hi pokey, to save you measuring it, I'll google the dimensions, I should have done that in the first place.
Salty Dog,

Not a problem to measure it. This is the smaller one and it measures 15.5” (39.6 cm) wide and 30” (76.2 cm) tall. (From the top of the D rings to the bottom of the SpyderPak.)
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Pokey wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Salty Dog wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm
Pokey wrote:
Salty Dog wrote:

Salty Dog,

Salty Dog,

Not a problem to measure it. This is the smaller one and it measures 15.5” (39.6 cm) wide and 30” (76.2 cm) tall. (From the top of the D rings to the bottom of the SpyderPak.)
Thanks Pokey, that's the exact measurement I was looking for, 76cm.
Very kind of you mate, thanks.
Yours looks a treat.