Para 3 LW w/ spy27

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GaryArt1

Para 3 LW w/ spy27

Post by GaryArt1 »

So I think this knife just came out in June. Is this a production knife or Sprint run? I only ask because it seems to be sold out everywhere. Was this just very popular or was it a limited run? I hope Spyderco planning on making more of these because this may be my first Para 3. I am waiting on the Shaman sprint and thought I get this one in the meantime but was surprised it is not available anywhere.
Current Spydercos in EDC rotation: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Dragonfly 2 Toku2, Vrango, Matrix 2 G10 Black, Native 5 Fluted Carbon, Canis, Native 5 Salt, Enuff Sheepfoot, Lil' Temperance 3, Proficient, Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Zwear micarta, Shaman Black/Black Spyderedge, DLT tan Yojimbo 2
sal

Re: Para 3 LW w/ spy27

Post by sal »

Hi GaryArt1,

Welcome to our forum.

It's a regular production item. It was more popular than we expected. Our apologies. There will be more.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

GaryArt1 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:36 pm
So I think this knife just came out in June. Is this a production knife or Sprint run? I only ask because it seems to be sold out everywhere. Was this just very popular or was it a limited run? I hope Spyderco planning on making more of these because this may be my first Para 3. I am waiting on the Shaman sprint and thought I get this one in the meantime but was surprised it is not available anywhere.

Regular production! :)

Edit: Sal beat me to it...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
GaryArt1

Post by GaryArt1 »

Thanks guys. Great to hear. I look forward to it coming back. It looks like a nice knife to add to the collection. This is kind of addicting. I have admired knives all my life and have own many starting with Buck then Gerber then Kershaw and then ZT and Benchmade. Just got into Spyderco a little while back and already own over 6 pf them and looking to add more to the collection. Well I may end up broke but at least I will be happy.
Current Spydercos in EDC rotation: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Dragonfly 2 Toku2, Vrango, Matrix 2 G10 Black, Native 5 Fluted Carbon, Canis, Native 5 Salt, Enuff Sheepfoot, Lil' Temperance 3, Proficient, Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Zwear micarta, Shaman Black/Black Spyderedge, DLT tan Yojimbo 2
Ric

Post by Ric »

It was the one of the first SPY27 knives out there, maybe the first with this new steel.

People were/are extremely interested in that steel.

It's a Para 3 which is very popular.

I missed the REX45 sprint run of the Para 3. It came out a fews weeks before the SPY27. Therefore, I made sure to get one of the SPY27. I ordered at 2 shops and ended up with 3 pieces.

There should be more on the way...

Here you can buy one now:
https://www.selected-knives.de/spyderco ... _4937_5865
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

I personally like the PM2 better than the Para 3 because it fits my hand a bit better. With that said though, I have been carrying my Spy27 Para 3 for about a month now and I am really loving it.

It has replaced the Manix 2 LW as my go to carry when wearing shorts and I have also been taking it to work and using the **** out of it. I actually used it to carve off about 2 inches of truss tail 30 feet in the air last week and it still shaved the hair off my arm after.

So far, I am very impressed with this steel and I am really getting to like the more compact Para 3 overall.

Definitely grab this one if you can find one and/or keep your eyes open for more when they are released.
Attachments
20200830_192129.jpg
20200830_192212.jpg
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
BaronRadium

Post by BaronRadium »

I am still waiting on my Pre-Order that I made back on March 1st at KC. Does anyone have any idea when more of these will be shipped out to distributors?
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I think these sold out everywhere right? If anybody was waiting for them to return...
Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C223CBL/1842

GPknives... https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-para- ... 3pcbl.html

BladeOps... https://bladeops.com/spyderco-cobalt-bl ... y27-blade/
•• Beau