Grail Achieved! M4 Shaman!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
soc_monki

Grail Achieved! M4 Shaman!

Post by soc_monki »

Soooo happy! I was a bit worried at first because there was a lot of blade play, yet action was very stiff right before the blade locked up. Disassembled, cleaned, lubed, adjusted, still not right. I know, let it break in... Well, I don't mind a little stiffness, but it being in one spot primarily was worrying me. So I did something I never do on my spydercos with screws on both sides...

I loosened up the clip side screw and re-tightened. Fixed it! I guess it was over torqued a little and binding the action because now it's like it should be. Smooth action, no play, but not quite as smooth as my s30 non-dlc shaman. But that has some use on it and I'm sure this one will feel just as good in no time!

Happy camper here! Loving this thing!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
DMgangl

Re: Grail Achieved! M4 Shaman!

Post by DMgangl »

Congrats! I love M4 steel.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Congrats!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I find that trick helps a lot as well! Glad you got your grail! What's your new grail now lol?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

At the moment? Nothing! I do have a knife pre-ordered (sharp by design Evo typhoon) but not sure if I'm going to keep it. If it is as good as everyone says it is I think it will be nice, but I still lust after a Drunken, and I could sell the typhoon and buy a Drunken...

We shall see! I love the Shaman though.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Congrats! I love the jade scales and the coated blade just sets it off even more.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I fell in love with the color scheme when I got the manix 2 xl from blade hq! The Shaman is breaking in nicely! Cleaned it a 2nd time last night and there was so much dust from the detent ball sliding along the dlc. Much better now! Have it adjusted to the same action as my S30v shaman, drops shut when I disengage the lock, but no blade play when locked up. I think there's a slight amount when I have it unlocked and I'm checking for it, but nothing really obvious. Just like my other shaman.

Very pleased! Stupid sharp edge as is tradition with spyderco! This thing is going to be carried a lot!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Excellent!

I know that M4 Shaman feeling.

The fellow on BF who sold me mine BNIB (I’d been shut out on BHQ) knowingly asked only MAP. That surprise made my experience all the sweeter, but I would have paid way more.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
blues

Post by blues »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 pm
Excellent!

I know that M4 Shaman feeling.

The fellow on BF who sold me mine BNIB (I’d been shut out on BHQ) knowingly asked only MAP. That surprise made my experience all the sweeter, but I would have paid way more.
I'll see you and raise you...I got mine, RIT dyed to a Royal Blue-ish, but otherwise new, for the princely sum of $180 on the BF exchange. Right place, right time, I suppose.
- Retired from the chase -
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Man, glad you guys got good deals! I paid more than I wanted to, but it was worth it! I love the Shaman, and I might sell off a few ZTs to fund another if a cool sprint comes along. Plenty for a nice sprint or exclusive!

*Edited - No need to detail what you're thinking about selling. Too close to breaking forum rules. - TazKristi*