Where's the ladybug & manbug exclusive love?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stelth

Re: Where's the ladybug & manbug exclusive love?

Post by Stelth »

Sharp Guy: That is a regular production Manbug.
I wish I bought a few more Ladybugs with stainless handles. I have one but they're so great I wish I had a back up. I've searched on eBay and they almost never come up.
:usflag Don't trade your freedom for "safety" :usflag
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Would be nice to see more Jesters, preferably a sprint or regular that has some chance to show up at European dealers.

I recently got a Fällkniven U4 that is also a well built knife in the same size category, but must say I prefer the small Spyderco’s. Even lighter and one hand opening makes so much difference in practical use. In a way the small Spyders feel cheaper when you first pick them up, but my impression (from a very small sample size) is that fit and finish is a notch above Fällkniven. Not sure how many of these small ones I could possibly need, but I sure like them a lot.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Would really like a linerless G-10 version of the Manbug and Ladybug. Sure, it would probably drive cost up a bit, but I’m guessing there would be more than a few of us who would be interested in buy one (or two).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
z1r

Post by z1r »

Personally, I love the Ladybugs and snatch up any available when I visit the SFO, especially the Hawkbill Salt. I snagged a black, FRN, LB2 with the sabre grind list time and for some reason, the action on this one is incredible. Just slick as can be.

On a related note, I picked up Byrd Finch 2 in G10, and gotta say, best $23 I spent on a knife in forever, with the possible exception of the several D2 QSP Parrots I got when they were only $20! The finish isn't as light as a LB or MB but dang, it is just really well made and darn near the same in size.