Where's the ladybug & manbug exclusive love?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sm32589g

Where's the ladybug & manbug exclusive love?

Post by sm32589g »

I wish Spyderco would pay more attention to these forgotten knives. I feel like it's a missed opportunity for them to produce some cool exclusives of these more affordable and easily collectible sets. Anyone else feel the same way? @Spyderco where is the love?
JuPaul

Re: Where's the ladybug & manbug exclusive love?

Post by JuPaul »

Agreed! The KC pakkawood ladybug is the only exclusive model that's been out in a while. The Dragonfly doesn't get much exclusive love either. I'd reeealy like some new SE options on these models, especially the hawkbill versions!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I have bought some exclusive Ladybugs over the years and each one was really awesome. USN, Cutlery Shoppe, Knifecenter, County Comm. I think some exclusive Ladybugs and Manbugs in Zome would be really cool
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

While not Exclusives or Sprints the affordable K390 Blue FRN Lightweight models of LadyBug3, ManBug and DragonFly2 are out or soon will be. Right now, only the LadyBug3 has been released and the others are due any day now.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd like to see some GITD LC200N FFG Salt versions of these and the Jester. Those would make the best keychain knives in my opinion. Maybe GITD blue to give them a little more color than the standard jade-like GITD green FRN. Although I love my green jade GITD Delica so I would definitely be cool with that color.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

That's a great idea steelcity16
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:33 pm
I'd like to see some GITD LC200N FFG Salt versions of these and the Jester. Those would make the best keychain knives in my opinion. Maybe GITD blue to give them a little more color than the standard jade-like GITD green FRN. Although I love my green jade GITD Delica so I would definitely be cool with that color.

Anything LC200N or H-1 for LadyBug or ManBug. I remember I tried several models of each years ago on my keychain and they all would rust (sweat, humidity, sand, salt) until I moved to ManBug Salt H-1 Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge in May 2017. No rust issues at all plus it's extremely practical.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:46 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

Anything LC200N or H-1 for LadyBug or ManBug. I remember I tried several models of each years ago on my keychain and they all would rust (sweat, humidity, sand, salt) until I moved to ManBug Salt H-1 Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge in May 2017. No rust issues at all plus it's extremely practical.

Exactly. Rustproof is key for keys.. :D That is why I am passing on the K390 versions of the Ladybug and Manbug.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm
RamZar wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:46 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

Exactly. Rustproof is key for keys.. :D That is why I am passing on the K390 versions of the Ladybug and Manbug.

Indeed. My ManBug ZDP started rusting in just one day around the pivot! The keychain LadyBug/ManBug must also be as light as possible (under an ounce). My ManBug Salt H-1 Sheepsfoot weighs just 0.80 ounces versus my ManBug G-10 which weighs 1.5 ounces.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:26 pm
While not Exclusives or Sprints the affordable K390 Blue FRN Lightweight models of LadyBug3, ManBug and DragonFly2 are out or soon will be. Right now, only the LadyBug3 has been released and the others are due any day now.
Looks like we could get serrated versions, too. That'd make my day!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sm32589g

Post by sm32589g »

Lc200n would be amazing, I also would like to see something like 204p and some premium scales.
Danke

Post by Danke »

They're out there.

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I didn't realize how humid it gets until I pulled out a pocket tool that was in my watch pocket and there was a nice coating of condensation. I imagine it's worse at the bottom of the pocket. Maybe s90v or s110v? How much impact toughness does a sub 2" blade need to be?
Stelth

Post by Stelth »

:usflag Don't trade your freedom for "safety" :usflag
Nate

Post by Nate »

I mean, I’ll buy more, but I’ve already picked up a k390 LB, wharnie MB, and the gitd Jester recently. Been a good year for keychain knives imo.
:spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't think many knife people take them seriously, and then when they do them in G10 and especially with bolsters they start getting "full size knife prices" and people throw a fit because they relate size to price and can't see how such a small knife could cost $150+.

Like most knives lately I'm 100% more likely to buy them with serrations, so what I'd really like to see is a SE FFG LC200N Ladybug Salt. I have the H1 version but the FFG makes a big difference in slicing on these knives and especially with how thick the serrations are.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Danke

Post by Danke »

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

We need more choices, not just Sprint Runs. I want to see some regular production options like colors and FFG.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Stelth wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am
IIRC that was a regular production item. I'm still kind of kicking myself for not picking one up when they went on the discontinued list
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm still hoping for a dlt red/black zome ladybug (a.k.a. ladybug ladybug).
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C