Seconds Sale 2020

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Re: Seconds Sale 2020

Post by Candyman »

m6steen wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:14 pm
Kristi Hunter, 10-09-20
"We're working through a lot of details, but we do plan on having it. It will be unlike any past event. Once we have everything finalized and we have the necessary approvals, we'll post."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Spyderc ... 8325664705
For some reason i can’t find the post on the FB and when I try to go through the link it says it’s possibly broken or deleted now. I’ll take your word for it. Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it!

Rich
Think for yourself
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

its a comment in a private group
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:58 am
m6steen wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:14 pm
Kristi Hunter, 10-09-20
"We're working through a lot of details, but we do plan on having it. It will be unlike any past event. Once we have everything finalized and we have the necessary approvals, we'll post."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Spyderc ... 8325664705
For some reason i can’t find the post on the FB and when I try to go through the link it says it’s possibly broken or deleted now. I’ll take your word for it. Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it!

Rich
Rich, I just tagged you in the post.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

It's important to reiterate that this sale will indeed be unlike any we've ever done. It's also extremely important to understand that some things are beyond our control. Regardless of planning, following every guideline to a tee, and all of the best practices, the truth is, it could get cancelled or closed at any time.

We're dealing with things (all of us, you included) that no one has had to do before. We're literally living history every day. All we can do is our best to follow the requirements and ask that you do the same.

As soon as we have everything finalized, and we have the necessary approvals (city, county, state), we'll post announcements. We know how important the Seconds Sale is. It's one of our favorite events all year. Hang in there with us.

Kristi
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

odomandr wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 am
It's the Official Spyderco FB Group that Kristi also moderates
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm
It's important to reiterate that this sale will indeed be unlike any we've ever done. It's also extremely important to understand that some things are beyond our control. Regardless of planning, following every guideline to a tee, and all of the best practices, the truth is, it could get cancelled or closed at any time.

We're dealing with things (all of us, you included) that no one has had to do before. We're literally living history every day. All we can do is our best to follow the requirements and ask that you do the same.

As soon as we have everything finalized, and we have the necessary approvals (city, county, state), we'll post announcements. We know how important the Seconds Sale is. It's one of our favorite events all year. Hang in there with us.

Kristi
Good to know you're still doing your best to have the sale. Everyone's just going to have to flexible. Hope it works out well for you. I've always wanted to attend one of these events but it won't be this year. If I'm going travel all the way to CO I want to it when there aren't all these restrictions
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm
odomandr wrote:
Right and if you are not a member of the group or if you are but aren't signed in to facebook you wouldn't see it because it is not a public post. You have to be admitted by admin to see posts in groups that are not public
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

odomandr wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:02 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm
odomandr wrote:
Right and if you are not a member of the group or if you are but aren't signed in to facebook you wouldn't see it because it is not a public post. You have to be admitted by admin to see posts in groups that are not public
Yes, you are correct, it is a private group. You probably weren't aware but I happen to know that the person you responded to is a member of that group. He's also a moderator of two of the other FB groups that celebrate Spyderco. So I'm pretty sure he knew he had to be logged in.
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

Lots of people follow threads without posting I was providing context for why I wasn't able to see it either. I'm not sure why you are challenging and calling to question... Seems petty so I'll move along
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Maybe there can be a preferred cheapskate list (I want to be on this list) that can get a list of what is for sale and it has to be bought sight unseen? I have a few knives that I would love to own that I don’t care about a minor blemish etcetera.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

You do know that NZ is probably the best place in the world right now to have the SECONDS SALE? :)
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I will meet you all at Christchurch Airport...

I will be wearing the "Sal for President," tee-shirt...
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

The sight unseen is the best way to offer a decent price with the lowest exposure. no haggle, no exposure and no returns and everyone wins.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Except the person who gets the complete lemon that they would never have bought if they'd handled it first.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 pm
Except the person who gets the complete lemon that they would never have bought if they'd handled it first.
I agree fully and almost made the same comment. The one thing that’s a constant during the seconds sales (which sadly I’ve only experienced once when they ran a mini version at a recent OKCA show in Eugene) is the sight of folks going through the racks of seconds picking out the best “non-lemons”. The happiest customers are those that find ones that have really minimal flaws to them, or are easily fixable or one just doesn’t care about the particular minor imperfection it might have. That said, there are a few in the racks truly worthy of getting the lemonade pitcher out for along with the sugar and water because they would likely still be sitting in the rack at the end of the day. I just imagine the need for social distancing required for a 2020 in-person seconds sale in Golden will make for a very long day indeed for the Spyderco crew.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Stuart Ackerman wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:24 am
You do know that NZ is probably the best place in the world right now to have the SECONDS SALE? :)
And you're heading into Summer down there. ;) If there is a Seconds Sale in Golden next month, who knows what the weather will be like here. In about a week the forecast in this part of Colorado is for rain/snow with days in the high 30's (F). (~3° C) :eek:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Pokey wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:57 am
And you're heading into Summer down there. ;) If there is a Seconds Sale in Golden next month, who knows what the weather will be like here. In about a week the forecast in this part of Colorado is for rain/snow with days in the high 30's (F). (~3° C) :eek:
You guys definitely need some more rain and snow right now to knock down the fires. I'm in Oregon and we had more than our fair share of them recently, and I nearly had to evacuate my family (my sincere condolences to everyone impacted by these fires across the West this season). Of course, 4 out of 5 of the Top Places to live in the US this year were in the Front Range including good ol' Fort Collins (home of the Rams!). :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Well, it's happening...

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

To avoid multiple threads, I'm going to close this one. Feel free to share comments here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87915. ;)