Manix2 LW Rex45

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Manix2 LW Rex45

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm
Will this knife ever find its way over to European dealers? :confused:
I hope that you will be able to pick one :spyder:
Thanks! :)... but: should I actually?! :o

This seems to be one of the times when the rabbit hole drags one in even deeper.. ;) :

- I don´t want to own more than at max 10 Spydies at each point in time (so I normally have to sell a knife to get and try another one)
- I do have that number already
- Actually I don´t want to sell a single one of those I currently have
- Furthermore I actually like longer cutting edges (than the Manix offers) and I REALLY want the majority of my folders to be in ffg SE eventually..
- I have to have a Rockjumper SE...

STILL: The Manix LW really just connects with me. And I am eager to try REX 45... Guess I´ll have to set up new personal "rules"... :o
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:42 pm
Pancake wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm
Will this knife ever find its way over to European dealers? :confused:
I hope that you will be able to pick one :spyder:

This seems to be one of the times when the rabbit hole drags one in even deeper.. ;) :

- I don´t want to own more than at max 10 Spydies at each point in time (so I normally have to sell a knife to get and try another one)
- I do have that number already
- Actually I don´t want to sell a single one of those I currently have
- Furthermore I actually like longer cutting edges (than the Manix offers) and I REALLY want the majority of my folders to be in ffg SE eventually..
- I have to have a Rockjumper SE...

STILL: The Manix LW really just connects with me. And I am eager to try REX 45... Guess I´ll have to set up new personal "rules"... :o
If you get one and don't like it, you can always sell it... or maybe you'll get one and realize that you want to keep it more than one of your other knives.

I'm an enabler though, so you might not want to listen to me. :D
driftingfir

Post by driftingfir »

There up on bladehq!!!!!!!!!
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Wartstein wrote:

I mean, noone here in Spydieville is going to say that you should not buy a new knife :D :D
REX45 is a nice steel, but it's not like your life is going to turn 180 degrees after you try it.

still, if you buy it, you can sell afterwards for almost the same money, so it is a very safe bet.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Wartstein wrote:
This seems to be one of the times when the rabbit hole drags one in even deeper
I think you should expand your 10 spydie limit so you can get a Rex45 Manix2 LW, K390 Endura or Endela, and a RockJumper SE so us flatlanders can see each of those models in those idealic mountain photos you like to take :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:21 pm
Wartstein wrote:
I think you should expand your 10 spydie limit so you can get a Rex45 Manix2 LW, K390 Endura or Endela, and a RockJumper SE so us flatlanders can see each of those models in those idealic mountain photos you like to take :)
Going into full-on enabler mode! haha :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 am
FRN or FRCP? I'll just believe whatever is printed on the box. Should be here today.

I'm going to have to vote the other way, Tucson Tom. I think it's a typo on the box, and that the knife is still being made with FRCP. :) . . . . . Sal?
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Have a Rex M2LW coming from Knives Ship Free. Interested to see how it stands up HT wise to the Mille.
My only concern with this model is keeping the pivot clean & lubed given I can't take it apart.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Pancake wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 pm
Wartstein wrote:
I mean, noone here in Spydieville is going to say that you should not buy a new knife :D :D
REX45 is a nice steel, but it's not like your life is going to turn 180 degrees after you try it.

still, if you buy it, you can sell afterwards for almost the same money, so it is a very safe bet.
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:21 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Going into full-on enabler mode! haha :)

Ok, my friends, the REX 45 Manix LW is on its way to me... - and I partly blame YOU for it!! :mad: ... ;) :p

@ Spydergirl: Mountainpics with this Manix are guaranteed! Great color for photos, almost as good as the translucent blue of my BD1N model! ;)
/ But I am planning to stick with my 10 Sypdie limit, so now there´ll come a time of tough decisions (which one(s) to sell...given that I also have to have the ffg Pac Salt SE and the Rock Jumper SE... :o )

@ Pancake: Don´t think I´d be able to "sell it for almost the same money", should I choose to do so eventually. On the one hand, it is generally not easy to sell knives where I live, on the other hand like with all of my Spydies I´ll really use and not baby at all this one, and that means dings, scratches and last but not least certainly patina or even signs of corrosion on the Rex 45 blade.
But that´s just fine! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 am

@ Pancake: Don´t think I´d be able to "sell it for almost the same money", should I choose to do so eventually. On the one hand, it is generally not easy to sell knives where I live, on the other hand like with all of my Spydies I´ll really use and not baby at all this one, and that means dings, scratches and last but not least certainly patina or even signs of corrosion on the Rex 45 blade.
But that´s just fine! :)
Hey, I am glad that you jumped on this model :D
If you need sell it in the future (hope not) you already one sucker from Slovakia that will buy it (this model for sure ;) )
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45