What knives in your collection keep wow-ing you?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hvarcz

Re: What knives in your collection keep wow-ing you?

Post by hvarcz »

Bradley folder and bowie
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm
The Police 4 is friggin wild
Your hands make the police 4 look smaller than it is. Youre not related to Vivi are you?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:02 pm
I could get down with that stable. Very nice! Nice to see you around again to, feels like it's been a bit since I've seen you post?
Unfortunately I haven’t been around much, not only here but even with friends and family. I left the last shop in December and started a new job (still fixing cars) next to the house. Not only is there more work, but we’re open longer. Adding an hour and a half to the work day doesn’t sound to like much till it happens :eek:
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Patko

Post by Patko »

Techno 2, love it.
--mitja
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Hopsbreath wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm
The Police 4 is friggin wild
Your hands make the police 4 look smaller than it is. Youre not related to Vivi are you?
Just related in stature. What some people consider “big knives,” are frequently my preferred size. Never did connect with the PM2 as an EDC because the handle’s a little small for my liking but I love the Police and Military.
Matus

Post by Matus »

The Brouwer wows me how excellent and comfortable the design is, how smooth it is, how it makes very soft clicks when being opened and closed. I use it daily. No, it is not perfect, but I am literally looking forward to every single use of it.

The GB1 is just so smooth and solid. Yes, I am selling mine (to keep the knife related expenses in check) as it does not quite fit the use I wanted it for, but it is such an awesome knife. I know I will miss it.

My Chief Rex 45 ... is not quite there yet. Maybe it will get there, maybe not, I don't know. But it is a great user nevertheless and that is what I got it for. If I manage to identify a knife that would wow me more, but give me the same utility value, I may switch. I have not found one yet. Or maybe I will go full crazy and try to make a better handle for it.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I love these knives. In alphabetical order.

- Benchmade 141BK Nimravus Tanto Knife
- Cold Steel 36MCD Drop Forged Wasp
- Medford Knife and Tool USMC Fighter
- Neill Schutte CUSTOM 8 inch dagger
- RMJ Tactical Raider Dagger
- Spyderco Native Chief
- Spyderco Province
- Tops Knives - BladeOps Blackout - Special Ed Wild Pig Hunter
- ZT Knives 0452 CF
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

As I said earlier in the thread and from a design standpoint I can't find any Spyder that entices me like the C-60 Ayoob model does. It's been in my top 5 for the longest time. The C-60 Ayoob is ergonomically perfect and I consider it years ahead of it's time.

Now there is a Spyderco fixed blade that I'm still deeply in loved with it's overall design and I have two of them that I have used almost every week since I've gotten my first one way back in 2004. I'm speaking of the TEMPERANCE 1 fixed blade model. And they also made it in full Spyderedge and plain edged both.

Those are two models that they just made perfect right out of the gate. I keep looking for a Spyderco fixed blade that I'll like better than the TEMP 1 but it hasn't happened yet. And even if they do eventually come up with another great fixed blade that I end up liking as good or better than the TEMP 1 models in SE & PE both I'll sure get one ASAP. Sal's designs are pure genius :cool:
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Rescue 79 SE is a mini chainsaw

Para 3 LW is still the king of EDC. Nothing I have purchased has kicked it out of my pocket.

Dragonfly is just this side of perfection!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've been carrying my Military the past few days. While I prefer the Police and Chief to it in many ways, carrying it has reminded me just how wonderful the ergonomics are.

I will say for IWB carry I like how tip down draws. I may swap one of my Pacific Salts to tip down so I have two in my rotation to choose from over the summer.
:unicorn
Trav64

Post by Trav64 »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:52 pm
I was checking the edge on my waterway since I had just been hiking with it, and I realized something. I really like that knife, like, I REALLY like that knife. I mean just every angle had been carefully considered, and she cuts so well, and the steel, and the handles, and the sheath and the positioning of the lanyard, and just OOH.

I could go on and on. But the point it that knife really just wows me. I'm the same way with my Watu, could talk about that thing for hours. Oddly I'm not that way with my spydiechef, even though it's my most used daily driver and definitely my favorite of the collection. maybe age just does that.

In any case, what knives in your collection keep wow-ing you time and time again?
Really like my spyderco manix 2 in m390 with brown g10 scales
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

vivi wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm
I've been carrying my Military the past few days. While I prefer the Police and Chief to it in many ways, carrying it has reminded me just how wonderful the ergonomics are.
I really need to get one don’t I...
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Nate

Post by Nate »

vivi wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm

I will say for IWB carry I like how tip down draws. I may swap one of my Pacific Salts to tip down so I have two in my rotation to choose from over the summer.

Glad I saw this post. Never gave iwb carry a chance with the Military before due to a bias against the size, but have had it iwb for the last few hours. It’s more noticeable than smaller frn knives, but actually not bad at all in jeans.
:spyder:
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Manix2 rex45. Super smooth, rock solid and great steel. Shaman zwear is getting a lot of love right now too
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Was gonna make a new post but I figured this worked just as well.

All this time later, the Waterway is still far and away my favorite knife. I use it at every available opportunity just for the heck of it. I really aughta buy a spare one of these days…
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

Manix 2 LW. I wanted to dislike it because it had frcp handles and it turned out to be one of the most capable knives in my collection. I carry it more than my g10 manix 2. I really underestimated how easy it is to carry. I also enjoy the simplicity of the knife. There’s not much to rust, it’s very light and easy to carry, the clip has a low profile and the blade shape is very useful.
I always worry about rusting the liners on my Pm2. I worry I jumped into a (freshwater)lake and swam with my manix 2 LW. I used it to cut a rope underwater (Yes I dried it off afterwards) and it was totally fine. I did not think twice about it.
Just one more knife...
z1r

Post by z1r »

Netherend wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Manix 2 LW. I wanted to dislike it because it had frcp handles and it turned out to be one of the most capable knives in my collection. I carry it more than my g10 manix 2. I really underestimated how easy it is to carry. I also enjoy the simplicity of the knife. There’s not much to rust, it’s very light and easy to carry, the clip has a low profile and the blade shape is very useful.
I always worry about rusting the liners on my Pm2. I worry I jumped into a (freshwater)lake and swam with my manix 2 LW. I used it to cut a rope underwater (Yes I dried it off afterwards) and it was totally fine. I did not think twice about it.
I know how you feel. I have a nice G10 Rex45 M2 and carry the LW 20CV version so much more. For a bigger knife, it takes up surprisingly little pocket room.

My Dragonflies always wow me, they are so darn handy. But a real sleeper is the Chaparral.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Easy - Shirogorov F95 in Vanax. ;)

Among my Spyderco knives, I'd say the Caribbean always impresses me when I pick it up and use it. It's in my pocket right now actually.

Also the Autonomy 2.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
FRNFanboy

Post by FRNFanboy »

Bestech Lion. Solid hard-working 50 dollar knife with ceramic bearings and detent. Action is perfect.
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

G10 manix 2 in s30v. I was just using it to strip some bark off of a log for Kindling . The knife is inspires confidence . It is a strong build that is always up for the task
Just one more knife...