Announcement to product delivery time inquiry

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mugman16

Announcement to product delivery time inquiry

Post by Mugman16 »

Hello, so I'm very excited for the Spyderco Pochi because I love tools shaped like animals, but I've been waiting nearly a year since announcement of the product for the actual product. How far in advance does Spyderco generally announce products before launch? Also, are there any other Spyderco products shaped like animals worth considering? Thanks.
TazKristi

Re: Announcement to product delivery time inquiry

Post by TazKristi »

Mugman16 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:21 am
Hello, so I'm very excited for the Spyderco Pochi because I love tools shaped like animals, but I've been waiting nearly a year since announcement of the product for the actual product. How far in advance does Spyderco generally announce products before launch? Also, are there any other Spyderco products shaped like animals worth considering? Thanks.
Hi, Mugman16:
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. I must admit, I'm a little confused. The Pochi was announced in our Reveal 5 which launched on 5-May - just 3 months ago. Our goal with each Reveal is that products are released within 90-120 days from the launch of each Reveal. This year, that timeline is still the goal, but given the global pandemic, we are seeing some delays, but overall I think we're pretty close.

I hope this information helps, and we hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mugman16

Post by Mugman16 »

perhaps I'm simply misremembering the announcement time, thank you for your response Kristi!
Last edited by Mugman16 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I think a lot of spydercos are shaped like animals, even if not intentionally (the spydie hole sure looks like an eye). But a few intentional designs come to mind: the Rhino, the Dodo, the Hundred Pacer, and the Canis. Personally I think the Canis looks like a turkey vulture, though.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mugman16

Post by Mugman16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:34 am
I think a lot of spydercos are shaped like animals, even if not intentionally (the spydie hole sure looks like an eye). But a few intentional designs come to mind: the Rhino, the Dodo, the Hundred Pacer, and the Canis. Personally I think the Canis looks like a turkey vulture, though.
hello, i was familiar with most of these designs, but not the dodo. i love things like that. I'll keep my eye out for one to buy, thanks!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mugman16 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:55 am
JuPaul wrote:
hello, i was familiar with most of these designs, but not the dodo. i love things like that. I'll keep my eye out for one to buy, thanks!
They're not cheap right now on the secondary market, but I bet if you're patient you could find one at a reasonable cost eventually.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:39 pm
Mugman16 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:55 am
JuPaul wrote:
They're not cheap right now on the secondary market, but I bet if you're patient you could find one at a reasonable cost eventually.
As I just discovered while saving a Dodo from extinction at Arizona Custom Knives.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Not a folder, but don't forget the counter puppy... :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)