Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Your opinion: what are my chances to get a Z-Wear Shaman?

Post by Sharp Guy »

Blackpearl wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:31 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:08 am
you could submit a photo for the calendar contest for a chance to win one.
What? Submit what photo where? I want to win!! Lol
It's closed for this year

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87031&hilit=calendar+contest
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ABX2011

Re: Z-Wear Shaman: availability discussion & lookout thread

Post by ABX2011 »

I preordered one from campsaver and the order is estimated to ship on the 18th. I don't know if that's accurate but it sounds like the model is getting close to release.
archangel

Post by archangel »

ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm
I preordered one from campsaver and the order is estimated to ship on the 18th. I don't know if that's accurate but it sounds like the model is getting close to release.

Thanks. Still 2+ weeks :( but at least an indication :o Let's hope it's true...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
GaryArt1

Post by GaryArt1 »

It is hard to believe that it's only 2 weeks out with the major sites still not taking preorders but one can always hope.
Current Spydercos in EDC rotation: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Dragonfly 2 Toku2, Vrango, Matrix 2 G10 Black, Native 5 Fluted Carbon, Canis, Native 5 Salt, Enuff Sheepfoot, Lil' Temperance 3, Proficient, Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Zwear micarta, Shaman Black/Black Spyderedge, DLT tan Yojimbo 2
Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl »

archangel wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:33 am
ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks. Still 2+ weeks :( but at least an indication :o Let's hope it's true...
So they don’t announce release date then??
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There are still several Golden-made knives in the latest Reveal 5 that are also due to be released soon, I would guess within the month of September. As RamZar pointed out in his lists thread, Spyderco should be announcing their Reveal 6 set sometime this month as well, so there’s another whole batch of them jostling for position at the front gate waiting to get out.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Blackpearl wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am
So they don’t announce release date then??
The only real announcement of them dropping is when the dealers get their weekly shipment notifications for what’s “coming in the big box” from Golden next week. This typically coincides within a day or two of when the first numbered Collector Club versions start showing up on eBay (from CC members who receive them and then just move the ones they don’t want along). People are usually pretty quick to report here on the forum any news of them dropping. Soon! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

GaryArt1 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:27 am
It is hard to believe that it's only 2 weeks out with the major sites still not taking preorders but one can always hope.
Most don't take preorders on sprint runs.
TheFrozenCelt

Post by TheFrozenCelt »

I found the zwear Shaman on https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... z-wear-pm/

It's full retail price but does anyone know if this is a scam? I'd gladly pay full price if it means I get one.
"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." -Mithrandir
Kango

Post by Kango »

TheFrozenCelt wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:23 am
I found the zwear Shaman on https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... z-wear-pm/

It's full retail price but does anyone know if this is a scam? I'd gladly pay full price if it means I get one.
I saw this site the other day and got my hopes up. Then I saw they also listed the Pochi as in stock and we know that hasn’t dropped yet. Did a search around and they appear legit but they must be preemptively listing? Plus price is MSRP and...
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Country Knives is legit, one of the oldest Spyderco dealers. To my knowledge they have always sold at full list price.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TheFrozenCelt wrote:

Yes, they are legit. A small brick and mortar store that often has hard-to-find spydie models. They typically sell at full msrp. I'm not sure why they have the Shaman up now - they might be pre-selling the couple they know they'll get.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JMM

Post by JMM »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 pm
TheFrozenCelt wrote:

Yes, they are legit. A small brick and mortar store that often has hard-to-find spydie models. They typically sell at full msrp. I'm not sure why they have the Shaman up now - they might be pre-selling the couple they know they'll get.
Indeed, they are legit, and are really nice folks. To this specific issue I can tell you I had a similar situation several months back and when I called to clarify they let me know they will only pre-sell what they know they will receive, if you aren't sure about something, just call them up, they're great to deal with.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JMM wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm
JuPaul wrote:
TheFrozenCelt wrote:

Indeed, they are legit, and are really nice folks. To this specific issue I can tell you I had a similar situation several months back and when I called to clarify they let me know they will only pre-sell what they know they will receive, if you aren't sure about something, just call them up, they're great to deal with.
Not sure but this might be another case where one (or more) got out of the factory before they should have like what happened with the SNK Native 5 & Native LW exclusives.

If this is actually legit I would think there would've been notice via the Spyderco app that these are shipping to dealers

Regardless I wouldn't pay full retail. Sal indicated that they would do a pretty sizeable run of these. I would think they'll be somewhat easier to get than the Cruwear/Micarta Shamans
JMM

Post by JMM »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:14 pm
JMM wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
TheFrozenCelt wrote:

Not sure but this might be another case where one (or more) got out of the factory before they should have like what happened with the SNK Native 5 & Native LW exclusives.

If this is actually legit I would think there would've been notice via the Spyderco app that these are shipping to dealers
I would guess this is probably their CC model, that they may not have in hand, but are certain they will have in hand in due course, or something similar, if it were me, I would just call 'em up and ask, I've never had anything but great customer service from them...
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JMM wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:21 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:14 pm
JMM wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

I would guess this is probably their CC model, that they may not have in hand, but are certain they will have in hand in due course, or something similar, if it were me, I would just call 'em up and ask, I've never had anything but great customer service from them...
Could be their CC model. Still, paying full retail at this point is kind of desperate. I understand it's going to be highly sought after, especially for those who weren't able to get the Cruwear one but I'd hate to see someone pay full retail when there's a pretty good chance of getting one at MAP. I guess that's easy for me to say though since I already have the Cruwear one. It's a nice knife but (IMO) it's not $320 nice. Even if you can't get one of the Z-Wear knives I think the odds are really high there'll be another cool Micarta Shaman coming at some point.
TheFrozenCelt

Post by TheFrozenCelt »

I called up Country Knives and spoke to a gentleman about the Shamans. He says that 4 are collectors and 4 will be regular. He has already recieved 4 orders for the collector versions and looking to fill 4 more orders. It works like a preorder, they take your card and preauthorize it but do not charge it until the knives get there and are shipped. He also stated that the 4 non collector shamans aren't guaranteed to go to you even though you preorder. So it looks like they will be getting 8 altogether. 4 that are already sold and 4 that are coming.
"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." -Mithrandir
JMM

Post by JMM »

TheFrozenCelt wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm
I called up Country Knives and spoke to a gentleman about the Shamans. He says that 4 are collectors and 4 will be regular. He has already recieved 4 orders for the collector versions and looking to fill 4 more orders. It works like a preorder, they take your card and preauthorize it but do not charge it until the knives get there and are shipped. He also stated that the 4 non collector shamans aren't guaranteed to go to you even though you preorder. So it looks like they will be getting 8 altogether. 4 that are already sold and 4 that are coming.
Cool, glad to hear it. I would have been really shocked if there was anything shady going on from their end. They aren't the first place I look for anything, but if it's an older model that can't be found easily, they are well stocked and I've no problem giving them my money if I can't find what I want elsewhere.
griff443

Post by griff443 »

Any word on these being shipped yet?
TheFrozenCelt

Post by TheFrozenCelt »

I've never been so anxious in my life for a knife to come out haha. Was even thinking I could talk the wife into letting me drive down to Golden, CO and just camp outside for awhile. I'm sure the guys and gals at spyderco have a lot on their plate and are working toward the release. I've been calling knife shops for information around the US but they know just as much as us it seems for now.