Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Perhaps_OCD?

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

Eratus wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:53 am
Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 pm
https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/pt/-s ... design.htm

Use the above link for Knivesandtools if you're in the US. Don't go through the UK site. I just paid $300 shipped.

It's unbelievable how long they've been available. Like 4 days now. I think Spyderco may have gotten the overall number to produce right... and accidentally shipped too many to Europe. LOL
You paid $300 for the Shaman shipped to the US from Knivesandtools? In Europe its $333 if you live in Europe, thats just wierd...

Its like when I was on the look out for a new fishing reel. It was like $200 in Sweden at the time but I had a friend buy it for me when he was visiting the US, paid less then $100.

The fun part of the story is that it was a Swedish fishing reel.
Yup! VAT was like 50 euro and doesn't apply since I'm in the US.
Perhaps_OCD?

Post by Perhaps_OCD? »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:42 pm
Perhaps_OCD? wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 pm
https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/pt/-s ... design.htm

Use the above link for Knivesandtools if you're in the US. Don't go through the UK site. I just paid $300 shipped.

It's unbelievable how long they've been available. Like 4 days now. I think Spyderco may have gotten the overall number to produce right... and accidentally shipped too many to Europe. LOL
That's not so bad, considering that's what you'd pay to buy a regular Shaman + a set of Micarta scales anyway. I paid about $265 after everything from BHQ, so I don't see $300 as being that much worse.
I 100% agree. It was actually the same as blade HQ prior to shipping.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

“VAT” is one heckuva misnomer...