MichaelScott wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:34 am
I fixed the poll. I think I wrote the pOst around midnight last night.
My intent is to get to why you prefer one lock over the others
. More information that way than just saying “I love the [insert lock type here
Ok, more on this (why I prefer backlock and then CBBL over all other locktypes)
(and many, but not all, points also true for the CBBL):
- Totally ambidextrous
- Imho most and also most safe methods to close one handed
(fingers can stay out of the blade path all the time exactly like with a comp lock if one really needs that, but also if NOT: Due to the "stop" and not floppy blade all the other methods are very safe for the fingers too - one can always easily move them out of way before the blade is getting closed).
- The safe, fingers out of the blade path comp. lock
- method makes it easier to drop the knife. Not so much with a backlock
- Self close bias
: Very safe when knife is in the pocket
- Easy to operate even with gloves, cold, greasy, wet... fingers
(no (more or less) small cutout and no (more or less)small lock tab)
- The steel in the back of the knife makes for a sturdy construction even with linerless models
- Smooth, comfortable closed back
, no potentially "hotspotty" cutouts like comp lock and linerlock do have.
- Overall very thin knives
can be constructed when using a backlock.
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40