Vivi's Knife Videos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Vivi's Knife Videos

Post by vivi »

I'm using this thread to organize my knife videos.

If there's something you'd like me to film with one of my knives feel free to make a request. I'm open to pretty much anything non-destructive.

Touching up my serrated Pacific Salt 2

Discussing differences between Pacific Salt 1 vs 2, and how I learned to appreciate both handle designs

https://youtu.be/hl3n-BtLoaI

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ptmx1iJELhU

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw4u6LMt14

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qaOt85ONLGQ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FuDiA_RuQmA

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gT_mmsW_jo8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=M63u5D87Huc

https://youtu.be/rnuY-Ib2jVg
Last edited by vivi on Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:unicorn
ladybug93

Re: Vivi's Knife Videos

Post by ladybug93 »

yes! thanks for these, vivi!
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
PStone

Post by PStone »

Where’s the one showing the alternating strokes on the DMT stone? It wasn’t long, but you stressed the importance of light pressure. Do you still have that one Vivi?
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Thanks for the video's! Interesting stuff!
vivi

Post by vivi »

PStone wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am
Where’s the one showing the alternating strokes on the DMT stone? It wasn’t long, but you stressed the importance of light pressure. Do you still have that one Vivi?
I still have that somewhere. I'll find it when I get home and put it in the first post.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I will definitely be checking these out when I get home.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
PStone

Post by PStone »

vivi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 am
PStone wrote:
I still have that somewhere. I'll find it when I get home and put it in the first post.
Thanks Vivi! It’s one video that really helped me and sticks out in my mind. Probably some people who haven’t seen it too. :spyder:
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Not sure if this is worth a video, but I am curious about the your knives and cycling. I assume you carry H1, what about other steels? How many knives do you carry? Which ones? Do you keep them on your person, in a bag, on the bike, etc.?
odomandr

Post by odomandr »

Which Spyderco do you recommend for cleaning up the edge of a disc after throwing it at a tree and leaving a huge gash in new plastic? I didn't see that video either
"Yeah? Well, you know, thats like uh, your opinion, man" - Lebowski
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

odomandr wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm
Which Spyderco do you recommend for cleaning up the edge of a disc after throwing it at a tree and leaving a huge gash in new plastic? I didn't see that video either

Lol. I'd recommend an FFG PE Delica for that honestly.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Can you get these on Full30 or another site easily? Some of us try to avoid the great Oz Google.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm going to try to shoot Manix XL M4 and Siren first impression videos sometime this weekend.
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:54 pm
Can you get these on Full30 or another site easily? Some of us try to avoid the great Oz Google.
It'll take some time, but certainly. I avoid google too, won't even sign into a google account on my phone, use any of their apps or access the play store. Trying to learn how to install a different OS too. Right there with you.
PStone wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:50 pm
vivi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 am
PStone wrote:
Thanks Vivi! It’s one video that really helped me and sticks out in my mind. Probably some people who haven’t seen it too. :spyder:
Added to the bottom of the first post. It was acting a little funny for me on my phone, wouldn't let me watch the video on here but I could watch it logged into YT on my laptop. Let me know if you have any issues.
p_atrick wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Not sure if this is worth a video, but I am curious about the your knives and cycling. I assume you carry H1, what about other steels? How many knives do you carry? Which ones? Do you keep them on your person, in a bag, on the bike, etc.?
If I'm just riding around, I usually carry a Pacific Salt. If I'm biking to a camp spot, I'll probably bring a fixed blade instead. If I'm bike commuting, usually a Pacific + Leatherman Squirt. They go in the bike bag I leave on my bike, a Revelate Tangle.
odomandr wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm
I use a lighter for that. Melt the plastic down then mash in back into the disc. Seems to have less of an affect on flight.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Great stuff Vivi...thanks
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Welcome back
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Great compilation Vivi. I'm sure you've noticed, we have A LOT of new members since you took some time off. I hope they, and everyone in general takes a look at this thread and your videos. A lot can be learned here, especially for those put off by the world of SE knives.

It's been said a lot the past few weeks, but it is great to have you back man.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 pm
Great compilation Vivi. I'm sure you've noticed, we have A LOT of new members since you took some time off. I hope they, and everyone in general takes a look at this thread and your videos. A lot can be learned here, especially for those put off by the world of SE knives.

It's been said a lot the past few weeks, but it is great to have you back man.
I appreciate the warm welcome from you and everyone else. I know I left pretty abruptly around Christmas. Wasn't sure how I'd be received if I came back. Checked in a few times over the first half of 2020 and was surprised I was missed. I guess in between being argumentative I made a decent post once in a while :p Trying to be more a more positive member of the community this time.
Deadboxhero wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 pm
Welcome back
Thank you. I heard you have a folder coming out! Congrats!

I also finally got around to trying out some Venev products. Stropping with diamonds is a completely different experience than the Craftsman green buffing compound I've always used. Thanks again for pushing me towards that direction.
PStone

Post by PStone »

vivi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Added to the bottom of the first post. It was acting a little funny for me on my phone, wouldn't let me watch the video on here but I could watch it logged into YT on my laptop. Let me know if you have any
That’s the one! No problems at all watching on my end. Thank you!
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Awesome work my friend, love seeing your take on things.

The only confusion I have is the feeling this thread is a little misnamed? Shouldn't it be Vivi's Vivideos? :D :D :D
~andrew
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Thanks for the compilation. I've seen a lot of them, but this will make them much easier to find, and watch again.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Vivi, I'm so glad you're back. I don't find your opinions argumentative at all but rather well formulated from personal experience and thoughtful reflection. Just keep being you; you're allright ;)