Name your favorite sprint run series

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: Name your favorite sprint run series

Post by abbazaba »

Sprint run specifically? Absolutely REX45. PM2 in pocket right now two years later... The edge on this steel is so great, and the color really grew on me. Adding nearly every Golden model to it is icing on the cake.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

My all time favorite Sprint Run would be the 2011 Sprint Run of the C-60 Ayoob model. When they made the Sprint Run of the C-60 with a really nice G-10 handle it really improved an already great model quite a bit.

I'm hoping that the thread I got on that model will persuade Mr. Glesser to consider another run of the C-60 Ayoob at some point.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:28 pm
Would be cool to see the Rookie join the K390 production series! I've been wanting to see a K390 Rookie sprint for a long time now but maybe its actually ready for another round in the production lineup. I think it would look great in cobalt G10. ;)
Excellent idea!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:28 pm
Would be cool to see the Rookie join the K390 production series! I've been wanting to see a K390 Rookie sprint for a long time now but maybe its actually ready for another round in the production lineup. I think it would look great in cobalt G10. ;)
Excellent idea!

They should really lightweight-ize the Rookie and Worker given the cost of G10 in Seki and the preference toward lightweight knives in general. A Rookie LW and Worker LW in K390 would be great!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

British Racing Green ZDP-189 Endura (top).