If you could only keep one Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

Re: If you could only keep one Spyderco

Post by bouhunter »

If only one to cover all the bases, a G10 Manix. Big and tough enough to handle most anything, built like a tank. Right now I'd pick my DLT Manix in CPM 20V.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

bouhunter wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 pm
If only one to cover all the bases, a G10 Manix. Big and tough enough to handle most anything, built like a tank. Right now I'd pick my DLT Manix in CPM 20V.
that’s a good choice too. i need to get a dlc manix.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Red wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:43 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:08 pm
I’ve come to conclude that this question is antithetical to this forum’s purpose.

I suppose I could make an argument for the Siren. But, then, it is my newest shiny thing.
Quite the contrary to your antithetical comment.

I have spent an hour reading up on SPY27 and several models mentioned here for my next few purchases. I would be inclined to think others also appreciate conversation of favorite models and why they are so appreciated.

With that said, your mention of the Siren is also one I have been wanting for some time!
I guess irony really is dead on the interwebs.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

After all these years, it's still the PM2 with Aramis CF scales.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I hate these questions!

If I could only have one it would be my Micro Dyad...

...and Caribbean.

:D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Red

Post by Red »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:17 pm
I hate these questions!

If I could only have one it would be my Micro Dyad...

...and Caribbean.

:D
Ha, I completely get it. Had a really tough time deciding between the Autonomy and the 110 PM2 for me! So many to choose from.
I don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Cruwear Shaman. And I would probably find some way to take the Ankerson Bowie also.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

4v Manix.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

I’m going to have to say an SE pacific salt because of the water.

Other brands can take care of the rest if necessary, but Spyderco got the salt series purpose built knives game on lock down IMO.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Hey wrdwrght, irony is deal, long live powder metal. Iron, Ha. :)

My spydies include, Mule pd1, Para 3 Spy27, Waterway, and Tenacious. Mule has no handle, Para 3 is too small of a blade, Waterway is hard to leave but I want a knife at the ready aka pocket. So, Tenacious is my grab and go Spyderco.

Fun thread, tough living through an evacuation, thanks for sharing.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

If for some reason I got caught out and could not return home, the chopped m4 military would most likely be in my pocket, along with a gec 66 stockman. I could live with these no worries.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

But I love them all so much... What kind of life would it be without my Waterway, Spydiechef, and g10 Native Salt. I guess the Spydiechef would be the one if I HAD to. But I wouldn't be happy.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Red wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:35 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 am
If I had to narrow it down to just one folder I would go with one of my C-44 Dyad models>> because you basically have two blades in one folder. ( one Se & one PE)

If I had to pick a fixed blade it would be my TEMPERANCE 1 model. It's still my favorite Spyderco fixed blade model of all time.

Good luck on the storm and my prayers are with you.
Thank you, we are in the clear down here in the Keys. Was touch and go yesterday but it took a slight East jog running up the coast.
I was hanging out in the Florida Keys when "Key West" Island was lobbying to become the "Conch Republic" and Brother that's been a few years ago :o That is truly snorkeling heaven down there. I also used to hang out with some friends in Ft. Walton Beach ( Emerald Coast) FL and I had a lot of fun diving and snorkeling there too.

Be very careful Brother because those tropical storms are nothing to mess with. We got hit hard one summer up there in Ft. Walton Beach and it made a believer out of me :eek:

I'm going to add another Folder to that list. I would also take my hallowed M390 Military model or my Stainless RESCUE model from the ATS-55 era. Those are both super folders that I have really put through some rough jobs and both blades are still performing. Again Brother my prayers are with you :)
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:01 pm
Red wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:35 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 am
If I had to narrow it down to just one folder I would go with one of my C-44 Dyad models>> because you basically have two blades in one folder. ( one Se & one PE)

If I had to pick a fixed blade it would be my TEMPERANCE 1 model. It's still my favorite Spyderco fixed blade model of all time.

Good luck on the storm and my prayers are with you.
Thank you, we are in the clear down here in the Keys. Was touch and go yesterday but it took a slight East jog running up the coast.
I was hanging out in the Florida Keys when "Key West" Island was lobbying to become the "Conch Republic" and Brother that's been a few years ago :o That is truly snorkeling heaven down there. I also used to hang out with some friends in Ft. Walton Beach ( Emerald Coast) FL and I had a lot of fun diving and snorkeling there too.

Be very careful Brother because those tropical storms are nothing to mess with. We got hit hard one summer up there in Ft. Walton Beach and it made a believer out of me :eek:

I'm going to add another Folder to that list. I would also take my hallowed M390 Military model or my Stainless RESCUE model from the ATS-55 era. Those are both super folders that I have really put through some rough jobs and both blades are still performing. Again Brother my prayers are with you :)
Yes please be careful! I was in Destin when Opal hit in 95. That was a scary experience!
acer

Post by acer »

Military g10 s30v. SORTED . :D . Off to the gym now to try to shed this lockdown belly fat💪🤪out .Hopefully.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

After getting sick to my stomach. Just thinking about having to make such a choice. :(
As hard as it would be, with so many wonderful pieces. I'd have to pick my Spyderco Shaman Rex 45, Sharp Dressed Knives Burnt Orange Canvas Micarta, Knife. :spyder:

ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm
i’d go with my pacific salt. it’s not my favorite spyderco, but it is the one always on me, the one i’m most comfortable pushing in use, and the only one i really need.
Replace Pacific Salt with Native 5 Salt SE and you've given my answer. Honestly, the N5 Salt is a little smaller than I want for an only one knife. The Pac Salt 2 is probably a little bigger than I want, but I'm probably going to buy one anyway since a Salt version of the Endela isn't even on the radar yet.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderco Province or Spyderco Sustain. I like them so much that I am saving to buy one more of each.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Red

Post by Red »

prndltech wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:34 pm
I’m going to have to say an SE pacific salt because of the water.

Other brands can take care of the rest if necessary, but Spyderco got the salt series purpose built knives game on lock down IMO.
Thats a great point👍
Red

Post by Red »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 pm
Hey wrdwrght, irony is deal, long live powder metal. Iron, Ha. :)

My spydies include, Mule pd1, Para 3 Spy27, Waterway, and Tenacious. Mule has no handle, Para 3 is too small of a blade, Waterway is hard to leave but I want a knife at the ready aka pocket. So, Tenacious is my grab and go Spyderco.

Fun thread, tough living through an evacuation, thanks for sharing.
Thank you, hurricane Irma was a life-changer for sure. Puts things into perspective.