Pacific salt dismantled pic request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pdixon

Pacific salt dismantled pic request

Post by pdixon »

Specifically the blade, it’s innards and pivot hole / lock mechanism please. I’ve googled and searched and had no joy.

Thanks in advance
The Meat man

Re: Pacific salt dismantled pic request

Post by The Meat man »

The original or the Pac Salt 2?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
vivi

Re: Pacific salt dismantled pic request

Post by vivi »

Sorry this doesn't show the blade / lock interface

The Pacific 1 has a one piece handle so there's not much to see. Neither use washers, they're molded in to the scale. Version 2 has a two piece handle with three screws besides the pivot and lock bar screws. Version 1 has only pivot and lock bar screws.

The Pacific Salt 2 has a lot going on under the hood. I knew they embedded steel inserts to anchor the clip screws, but did not realize they did the same on both scales for the body screws. So as you're putting the screws back in they thread into both scales, not just one like most knives.

One thing that popped into my mind when I looked at the insides is if they can embed the inserts for the clip and body screws, how about embedding some sort of metal in the pivot area? Less chance of the D shaped hole deforming, smoother action, etc. I'd like to see them consider something like this.
:unicorn