AEB-L SE Sheepfoot Push Button Comp Lock Autonomy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dazen

Re: AEB-L SE Sheepfoot PM2

Post by Dazen »

I really would be up to any of the USA made knives in SE AEB-L Sheepfoot, even the Autonomy 2, just as long as it is at least G10. There aren’t any USA made knives available in a SE Sheepfoot blade, except the Autonomy 1 but I don’t know if they will do a not salt of that. With the way Spyderco does their SE Sheepfoot leaving the first 1/2 inch or so PE I feel this is a perfect blade. Also, anyone could easily modify the blade into a Wharncliffe if so desired.

While I like the SS Stretch, I would ideally like a g10 knife, and Japanese G10 is to expensive.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
dj moonbat

Re: AEB-L SE Sheepfoot PM2

Post by dj moonbat »

If they made it with a thin blade, it would be a lot better. Go to a 3mm blade stock, and put a 13 dps bevel on there.
Dazen

Re: AEB-L SE Sheepfoot Golden Model

Post by Dazen »

Or how about a non-salt version of the Sheepfoot Caribbean, but with a push button compression lock and plain scales. Kind of a hybrid between the Autonomy 2 and the Caribbean. Maybe offer a leaf blade as well to please the masses.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
benben

Post by benben »

A little off topic but since we’re playing the what if game, I’d love to see a PM2 with a HIGH hollow Insingo blade grind!
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

I have no experience with either SE edges or AEB-L steel, but I am a big wharncliffe/ sheepsfoot blade fan so something along these lines would be pretty interesting.
Justin :spyder:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Manix LW

Or, even better: Make it the first Manix XL LW... :D
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

benben wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:24 pm
A little off topic but since we’re playing the what if game, I’d love to see a PM2 with a HIGH hollow Insingo blade grind!

I really don't understand why Spyderco hasn't made the jump to full hollow grinds yet.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:44 pm
I really don't understand why Spyderco hasn't made the jump to full hollow grinds yet.
If SPY-27 has great edge stability (and all signs point in that direction), do you think this could be a precursor to more hollow grinds? I bet there are lots of people who use their knife for non-knife tasks. Maybe the return rate would be too high unless/until the right still is used?
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:07 pm
Or how about a non-salt version of the Sheepfoot Caribbean, but with a push button compression lock and plain scales. Kind of a hybrid between the Autonomy 2 and the Caribbean. Maybe offer a leaf blade as well to please the masses.
This has got to get to be in someone’s wheelhouse!?

Edit: Changing title of thread (it’s a mouthful)
Dane

embry386

Re: AEB-L SE Sheepfoot Push Button Comp Lock Autonomy

Post by embry386 »

Sheepsfoot PM2?

...This might actually convince me to buy a PM2. Sheepsfoot blades are so useful and awesome.