Triple B/Spyderco Folder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
weeping minora

Re: Triple B/Spyderco Folder

Post by weeping minora »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:08 pm
I didn't see it, if it was mentioned, but BuhBuhBuh Shawn was on the latest Knife Perspective Podcast... https://www.knifeperspective.com/kpp048/

Definitely don't have the time, or attentive span to invest 2.5 hours, but cheers for the link, Budda!
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

weeping minora wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:51 pm
JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:42 pm
What is this new knife im buying? When can we see ,buy it? Whats BBB stand for? Blades Bankrupt Brothas?

Big Brown Bear, baby. The model is a live brown bear, that will be big. Hence the wait time in rounding up all these bears in Golden.

😂
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Buddafucco wrote:
I didn't see it, if it was mentioned, but BuhBuhBuh Shawn was on the latest Knife Perspective Podcast... https://www.knifeperspective.com/kpp048/
Thanks buddafucco i checked out the link. I never heard of Shawn Huston before, but wow he makes beautiful knives! Now i want 1 of those fixed blades. My poor wallet. RIP bank account. Lol
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:19 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Thanks buddafucco i checked out the link. I never heard of Shawn Huston before, but wow he makes beautiful knives! Now i want 1 of those fixed blades. My poor wallet. RIP bank account. Lol
He's a steel and edge junky. He's DeadBoxHero here on the forum, Big Brown Bear on YouTube and is Triple B Handmade if you want to buy a knife from him. His knives are glorious and we're all really excited to see the collaboration he's doing with Spyderco!
He's got a great YouTube channel here... https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston/featured
•• Beau
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:50 pm
JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:19 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
He's a steel and edge junky. He's DeadBoxHero here on the forum, Big Brown Bear on YouTube and is Triple B Handmade if you want to buy a knife from him. His knives are glorious and we're all really excited to see the collaboration he's doing with Spyderco!
He's got a great YouTube channel here... https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston/featured
Thanks im simultaniously listening to him on knife perspective & watching him onyoutube love that mini trapper its beautiful. N the edge he put on zome endura rex45 is sick! I bet he could cut thru the fabric of time with that knife. I never heard of knife perspective podcast before either so thanks again for that link too. I have alotta episodes to catch up on.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Hap 40* not rex 45
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Shawn's videos have taught me so much on edge stability. Probably the most important item to me now when considering a steel. Not that a steel would necessarily stop me from buying a design I like. However, when choosing my rathers, edge stability it what I'm most curious about. Thanks to Shawn.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:22 pm
Shawn's videos have taught me so much on edge stability. Probably the most important item to me now when considering a steel. Not that a steel would necessarily stop me from buying a design I like. However, when choosing my rathers, edge stability it what I'm most curious about. Thanks to Shawn.
What steel do u think is most stable & best for an edc knife for cutting everything from sandwiches to zipties paper cardboard rubber hoses. I just watched a really good vid he has on youtube to sharpen knives. I cant sharpen knifes for the life of me i dull every knife worse everytime i try to sharpen! I need alot more practice but i dont want to ruin my good steel knives but **** steel knives could be reason i have hard time sharpening knives too.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Editor sorry, im a sailor. *junk steel
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Editor sorry, im a french sailor 😂. *junk steel
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:08 pm
JSumm wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:22 pm
What steel do u think is most stable & best for an edc knife for cutting everything from sandwiches to zipties paper cardboard rubber hoses. I just watched a really good vid he has on youtube to sharpen knives. I cant sharpen knifes for the life of me i dull every knife worse everytime i try to sharpen! I need alot more practice but i dont want to ruin my good steel knives but **** steel knives could be reason i have hard time sharpening knives too.
I by no means am qualified to answer that question. May be better for a separate thread on that to get replies from the many experienced members. I will quickly say in my use I really like K390 for EDC. However, from a sharpening standpoint (I am very inexperienced), I like the VG-10 and SPY27. Any edge you lose or damage in my experience is a joy to bring back.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

:eyes
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JAS,

Do you have a Sharpmaker?

sal
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:20 pm
Editor sorry, im a french sailor 😂. *junk steel
The sharpmaker would be a really good option. Or, if you're not far from the north east of France drop them to me once almost all of them are dull and I'll sharpen them ;-).
Not much sea here so I'm gonna guess you live in the west.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

sal wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:09 pm
Hi JAS,

sal
Hi Sal ! No I didnt get 1 yet but im thinking about getting 1 n trying that out because im terrible at sharpening knives.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm
sal wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:09 pm
Hi JAS,

sal
Hi Sal ! No I didnt get 1 yet but im thinking about getting 1 n trying that out because im terrible at sharpening knives.
The sharpmaker is definitely a fantastic starting point for learning how to sharpen.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Thanks kennethsime. Im gonna get 1 &try it out.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:54 pm
Thanks kennethsime. Im gonna get 1 &try it out.

Whatever it takes to get you there, the Sharpmaker is an invaluable investment for all new edge junkies.

Even after progressing through the Sharpmaker and on to guided systems or freehanding, the Sharpmaker holds its own and has a place...

I recommend it to all new knife enthusiasts or those serious about using/maintaining their blades.
So it goes.
JAS777

Post by JAS777 »

Cool thank you yeah i gotta get 1. I believe u can use the sharpmaker to sharoen serrated edges too right?
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

JAS777 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:23 pm
Cool thank you yeah i gotta get 1. I believe u can use the sharpmaker to sharoen serrated edges too right?
Absolutely. It is perhaps the best tool around for sharpening serrated edges.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.