Triple B/Spyderco Folder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cl1ff

Re: Triple B/Spyderco Folder

Post by Cl1ff »

I wasn’t gonna say anything, but I guess they probably didn’t drop this crumb by mistake.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
cjk

Post by cjk »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:18 am
Also, I honestly don't find it difficult at all to close a linerlock left handed? Using the index finger for lock activation (and I am not even a lefty) ?
I'm not left handed either.
I did have a right shoulder issue/injury which took a couple of months to resolve a year or so back. I had to become much more ambidextrous in the meantime. I got more interested in left hand friendly knives during that time.

Is closing a right handed liner lock difficult to do? not really.
Awkward? definitely.
Obviously designed for the other hand? yep.

It does require developing some muscle memory and repetition. I'm sure your method does too.

I close a RH liner lock or frame lock left handed like the gentleman in this video. if you fast forward to a little past 2 minutes, that's where he first does it with an original Techno.

https://youtu.be/H6s9jHbtRv4
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

Who knows, maybe they will produce a left handed liner lock too. If it's a high end knife with a decent profit margin maybe it would allow for the extra costs in manufacturing to do this. I imagine this should be a strong seller for Spyderco many years into the future. Initial production will sell like a grail sprint run.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

As a lefty, I've never had issues with right handed liner locks. Frame locks can be a bit of a pain, but never had an issue with a liner lock.

The cynical part of me hopes the liner lock keeps some folks away from this knife so I don't have to fight the masses to get one.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
my_spyder

Post by my_spyder »

As a gb fan, I find the shape and blade steel appealing to me and can't wait to see it in detail
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:33 am
WilliamMunny wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:40 am
Wartstein wrote:

Hi Gernot , my comment was merely referring to the knife as a righty and I am a lefty . Glad the knife will be coming out but will be another 15V that I will not purchase . MG2
cjk wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:53 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Also, I honestly don't find it difficult at all to close a linerlock left handed? Using the index finger for lock activation (and I am not even a lefty) ?
I'm not left handed either.
I did have a right shoulder issue/injury which took a couple of months to resolve a year or so back. I had to become much more ambidextrous in the meantime. I got more interested in left hand friendly knives during that time.

Is closing a right handed liner lock difficult to do? not really.
Awkward? definitely.
Obviously designed for the other hand? yep.

It does require developing some muscle memory and repetition. I'm sure your method does too.

I close a RH liner lock or frame lock left handed like the gentleman in this video. if you fast forward to a little past 2 minutes, that's where he first does it with an original Techno.

https://youtu.be/H6s9jHbtRv4
Hey guys, thanks for your replies!

I understand your points and where you´re coming from! Won´t reply in detail though, just cause I don´t want to turn this into another linerlock discussion (I am guilty of contributing to doing just that in the past anyway ....)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)